• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive Backs

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes small though, goes agains the tomlin/colbert CB lately
A Tombert CB recommendation great system to figure out what CB's you should be excluding from consideration.

Really, they need to look for CB's in FA, and not trust they can draft them early.

Look for LB's and a WR early in the draft.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes small though, goes agains the tomlin/colbert CB lately

Yeah, that part is true, and they have roughly 60 visits they can have at the combine so they can afford to spread them around, but size hasn't stop them from drafting CBs in the past. If they have 3 picks within the top 52 players...maybe.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Tombert CB recommendation great system to figure out what CB's you should be excluding from consideration.

Really, they need to look for CB's in FA, and not trust they can draft them early.

Look for LB's and a WR early in the draft.

As things are starting to unfold with this combine...I'm starting to think that if they don't make a move to get White, Bush is the only other LB I see them taking at 20.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As things are starting to unfold with this combine...I'm starting to think that if they don't make a move to get White, Bush is the only other LB I see them taking at 20.
I'd be super happy with Burns, the Florida State OLB.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying in the State of Crazy: Polite could be there too. And I'd be happy to have either of those guys.

OLB is a need, The Steelers picked up Bud Dwhatsisnames's 5th year option, but they're really in a bind with no other options. He's not the future. A good pass rush does a lot to mask deficiencies in coverage.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying in the State of Crazy: Polite could be there too. And I'd be happy to have either of those guys.

OLB is a need, The Steelers picked up Bud Dwhatsisnames's 5th year option, but they're really in a bind with no other options. He's not the future. A good pass rush does a lot to mask deficiencies in coverage.

Polite needs to redeem himself at his pro day...could fall out of the 1st round off his combine performance.

I think if they go OLB at 20, they have to believe he's better than Dupree because they probably won't pay Dupree $9 mil and let the rookie sit all season.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polite needs to redeem himself at his pro day...could fall out of the 1st round off his combine performance.

I think if they go OLB at 20, they have to believe he's better than Dupree because they probably won't pay Dupree $9 mil and let the rookie sit all season.
He's a dummy, and he had a terrible combine. But he can play, you can see that on the field.

I'm not a big fan of the combine. Teams get too enamored with stupid shit that comes out of that (Artie Burns), and it glosses over what they did or didn't do in actual games.

And I rate Brian Burns quite a bit higher than Polite.

I'd like Devin White, but I don't see him being within reach.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a dummy, and he had a terrible combine. But he can play, you can see that on the field.

I'm not a big fan of the combine. Teams get too enamored with stupid shit that comes out of that (Artie Burns), and it glosses over what they did or didn't do in actual games.

And I rate Brian Burns quite a bit higher than Polite.

I'd like Devin White, but I don't see him being within reach.

I'm a fan of the combine from this perspective...you get to see a large number of prospects at one time, all running the same drills.

As a team, your scouts should really already have eyes on the players they think are potential picks. (that's why I'm still pissed at Colbert for leaving Leonard on the board...when they were there a year earlier when they got Hargrave).

What you're learning at the combine, should just be confirming the skills you've seen on tape.

As for Polite...this day and age when you don't come into the combine in shape you're costing yourself some cash ...he will have a chance to redeem it at his pro day, but game tape alone is not enough...especially for a 1st round pick.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers Sign CB Steven Nelson - Steelers Depot

@Terry Rode
@FaCe-LeE-uS
@SteelersPride

Everybody will see this in due time.

Not a name I was expecting, but my brother n law the big KC fan thinks we have a player.

Now...go get one of the ILB name Devin from the draft.

Don't be surprised to see them take a WR at 20 though. I'm hearing some other LB names they reported like not named Devin White, or Devin Bush.

I'm not mad at the Nelson signing. I just worry that last year was a fluke year because in his 4 years, last year was his best. I also worry that our DC/Secondary coach doesn't know what they are doing because everyone we've brought in to play in our secondary has underachieved. I obviously hope that 2018 is the norm for Nelson now but I'm holding back excitement til I see him on Black and Yellow on Sundays.

If we stay at 20, Devin White isn't gonna be there at 20 so Devin Bush would be the most likely pick at 20 if LB is the #1 position of need. I fear that Devin White will be there for Cincinnati to take at 11. If CB is the position of need then I have my eyes on guys like Byron Murphy from Washington and Amani Oruwaryie from Penn State.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not mad at the Nelson signing. I just worry that last year was a fluke year because in his 4 years, last year was his best. I also worry that our DC/Secondary coach doesn't know what they are doing because everyone we've brought in to play in our secondary has underachieved. I obviously hope that 2018 is the norm for Nelson now but I'm holding back excitement til I see him on Black and Yellow on Sundays.

If we stay at 20, Devin White isn't gonna be there at 20 so Devin Bush would be the most likely pick at 20 if LB is the #1 position of need. I fear that Devin White will be there for Cincinnati to take at 11. If CB is the position of need then I have my eyes on guys like Byron Murphy from Washington and Amani Oruwaryie from Penn State.

I'm happy with this move. Roby was a bigger name, but PIT never forgets guys they wanted to draft or brought in for visit and they've played KC every yr for the last 4 seasons so they know what they're getting.

On the coaching...I agree, but the guys, make that guy, they brought in recently that can play (Joe Haden) has done well.

Devin White...I still think it might take a top 10 position which is a stretch for the position. Might depend on what DET does....if he doesn't go there I definitely see CIN taking him at 11.

My ideal pick would be White, but a lot of people like Bush as well...I've seen some support for Hanks from New Mex St. as late as 3rd/4th round. If they really like that guy, could they go WR at 20? And the Penn St. CB Amani Oruwaryie at 52 or maybe they move up for CB.

I'm guessing TE is moving up as a need as well.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Devin White/Bush or the CB from Georgia.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers Sign CB Steven Nelson - Steelers Depot

@Terry Rode
@FaCe-LeE-uS
@SteelersPride

Everybody will see this in due time.

Not a name I was expecting, but my brother n law the big KC fan thinks we have a player.

Now...go get one of the ILB name Devin from the draft.

Don't be surprised to see them take a WR at 20 though. I'm hearing some other LB names they reported like not named Devin White, or Devin Bush.
Until the coaches figure out how to scheme better in the secondary, it wouldn't matter much if you had 2 pro-bowlers at outside CB. I firmly believe that.

That said. I have warmed up to the signing. I was initialyy thinking we signed that Breeland kid that was a perennial piece of burnt toast. Has good potential, but I worry about how mentally prepared this kid will be. He's going to get frustrated in this secondary

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[
Until the coaches figure out how to scheme better in the secondary, it wouldn't matter much if you had 2 pro-bowlers at outside CB. I firmly believe that.

That said. I have warmed up to the signing. I was initialyy thinking we signed that Breeland kid that was a perennial piece of burnt toast. Has good potential, but I worry about how mentally prepared this kid will be. He's going to get frustrated in this secondary

Yeah...no push back on the coaching or lack there of...but PIT has lacked talent @ CB...this guy has to be an upgrade over Burns....hopefully.

Seeing that Roby got a 1 yr deal for $10 mil...tells me there's some doubt in his game long term.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preach it brother Face. Preach it!
They can sign whomever they want to put in that secondary, but until I see better scheming it’s nothing more than lipstick on the pig.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if its been discussed in here yet... But does it piss anyone else off that the Steelers continue to tender Mike Hilton and not sign him long term? What the f*ck are they waiting for? Hilton has been top 5 slot CB in the league for 2 years running. What more evidence do they need? They are willing to pay Dud Dupree $9 million, but they low-ball Hilton because he's a ERFA. Makes no sense other than the Steelers are simply being cheap-asses.

Shouldn't take a huge contract to get it done since he plays only ~60-70% of the defensive snaps. Locking him up long-term should be a high priority.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if its been discussed in here yet... But does it piss anyone else off that the Steelers continue to tender Mike Hilton and not sign him long term? What the f*ck are they waiting for? Hilton has been top 5 slot CB in the league for 2 years running. What more evidence do they need? They are willing to pay Dud Dupree $9 million, but they low-ball Hilton because he's a ERFA. Makes no sense other than the Steelers are simply being cheap-asses.

Shouldn't take a huge contract to get it done since he plays only ~60-70% of the defensive snaps. Locking him up long-term should be a high priority.

Idk if I'm pissed about it, they still have time I think, but it's a head scratcher for sure.

He had a small dip in play and was even sat for a game IIRC, but we already know this staff doesn't know the hell they are doing with DBs...if you don't come to PIT with game, you're not going to have any.