• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive Backs

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It think it goes without saying that CB will be a position the Steelers will look to upgrade this offseason..

I've been saying for some time now, that a trade, not free agency might be the best route to take for a quick fix opposite Joe Haden.

2019 NFL Free Agents and Free Agency Contracts

Aside from Roby (DEN), or Darby (PHI) I'm not seeing a lot of good options.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming off ACL I think...if he's not ready to go, he will be cheaper for sure.

I still think an AB trade needs to yield a CB or a draft assets that can be parlayed into a top 3 CB in this draft.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming off ACL I think...if he's not ready to go, he will be cheaper for sure.

I still think an AB trade needs to yield a CB or a draft assets that can be parlayed into a top 3 CB in this draft.

AB to Arizona for Patrick Peterson.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herb Waters

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Artie Burns 2019 Cap hit

$3,051,677

Not a ton of cap savings if he's released. $1.7 mil I think...the important number is dead money...with $21 mil looming on every dollar heading to that category...they currently show almost nothing in dead money for '19, less than $250k according to OTC.com.

Right now, I'm think 50/50 that bring him back, but with this DEF still being heavy zone based coverage, he's another square peg. I expect him to be released.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Artie Burns 2019 Cap hit

$3,051,677

Not a ton of cap savings if he's released. $1.7 mil I think...the important number is dead money...with $21 mil looming on every dollar heading to that category...they currently show almost nothing in dead money for '19, less than $250k according to OTC.com.

Right now, I'm think 50/50 that bring him back, but with this DEF still being heavy zone based coverage, he's another square peg. I expect him to be released.
I don’t tomlin won’t release his draft picks

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t tomlin won’t release his draft picks

They're starting to load up on CBs that can't play, or aren't proven. The early call on this position.

CB1...Haden
CB2...Not yet on roster
CB3...Mike Hilton
CB4...Cam Sutton
CB5...Artie Burns
CB6...Brian Allen

I don't think they will retain Sensabaugh. As I've said, I really think CB2 needs to be a vet via trade. I think Deandre Baker from UGA is ready to start...can play both man and zone, but generally speaking, the top CBs from the draft are going to need a yr to establish themselves.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're starting to load up on CBs that can't play, or aren't proven. The early call on this position.

CB1...Haden
CB2...Not yet on roster
CB3...Mike Hilton
CB4...Cam Sutton
CB5...Artie Burns
CB6...Brian Allen

I don't think they will retain Sensabaugh. As I've said, I really think CB2 needs to be a vet via trade. I think Deandre Baker from UGA is ready to start...can play both man and zone, but generally speaking, the top CBs from the draft are going to need a yr to establish themselves.
Sutton’s versatility & playbook IQ may save him, but Sensabaugh clearly outplayed him last season. I’d much rather keep Sens but I know his ceiling is limited. If they don’t get a jump out of Brian Allen in camp this year then I’d move on. Unless they want to keep a perennial STer on the roster.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton’s versatility & playbook IQ may save him, but Sensabaugh clearly outplayed him last season. I’d much rather keep Sens but I know his ceiling is limited. If they don’t get a jump out of Brian Allen in camp this year then I’d move on. Unless they want to keep a perennial STer on the roster.

I think Sutton's rookie contract and as you said versatility save his spot, but he's starting to look like a depth player, nothing more. I hope the TN product surprises me, but this is probably his last chance to prove he should be on the field more.

What's kinda scary is this position is a Haden injury away from complete meltdown...I mean they have zilch ready to step in.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sutton's rookie contract and as you said versatility save his spot, but he's starting to look like a depth player, nothing more. I hope the TN product surprises me, but this is probably his last chance to prove he should be on the field more.

What's kinda scary is this position is a Haden injury away from complete meltdown...I mean they have zilch ready to step in.
Yep, it’s scary thin. The Burns failure really hurt them. Hopefully they make some better roster changes in the secondary this year. Haden & Hilton are the only 2 that were somewhat reliable. Edmunds looked decent and got better as the season went on but still looked like a rookie at times. Davis was ok IMO. He is just frustratingly inconsistent, but he looked better at FS and hopefully after a full year at the new position he is more comfortable back there.

Boat load of talent back there but nothing great.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t Hilton grade out awesome
According to PFF he ranked as the 8th best slot CB in the NFL last season. Actually was a step back from his ‘17 season where IIRC he was top 2.

Still good.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to PFF he ranked as the 8th best slot CB in the NFL last season. Actually was a step back from his ‘17 season where IIRC he was top 2.

Still good.
ahhh thats what it was, slot, i thought it was overall, i knew that wasnt right

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still good.
Not as good on the blitz now that it's on tape, but overall made a few more mistakes in coverage I thought...never should've been benched...yeah...slot is not the problem.