• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cornerback Position for Fins

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T. Lippett could be ready to step up and start & Maxwell is a certain starter but the Fins may need more depth at CB. X Howard has a lot of potential but his injury is a setback to his development for his rookie year. The Fins have some other unproven CBs on the roster but I'm not sure if they can count on one of them to emerge as another solid starter if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T. Lippett could be ready to step up and start & Maxwell is a certain starter but the Fins may need more depth at CB. X Howard has a lot of potential but his injury is a setback to his development for his rookie year. The Fins have some other unproven CBs on the roster but I'm not sure if they can count on one of them to emerge as another solid starter if needed.
Definitely sucks as the position looks weak but you just never know some of these guys may step up. If not they'll probably sign a guy like Leon Hall. No use panicking now until you see what you have...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a team signs a vet they can take snaps from young developing players.You could be right that the team will make the decision later in camp after the team sees what they have already on the roster. Lippett is really a 2nd year player so he has been developing at the position. He's always had good ball skills & athleticism but I'm sure there is a lot to learn when you transition from another position.

Leon Hall has a lot of experience & should know Vance Johnson's defense well because he played for the Bengals. However he's had some major injuries & he's been in the league for 9 years. He could still be the best CB available though. A big question is how hungry is he to win at this stage in his career. I remember when the team signed Greg Jennings & that didn't work out so well.

The Fins really could have a very good defense with improved CB play. I think the pass rush will be excellent for the Fins. The LB's will probably play better with the addition of Alonso.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a team signs a vet they can take snaps from young developing players.You could be right that the team will make the decision later in camp after the team sees what they have already on the roster. Lippett is really a 2nd year player so he has been developing at the position. He's always had good ball skills & athleticism but I'm sure there is a lot to learn when you transition from another position.

Leon Hall has a lot of experience & should know Vance Johnson's defense well because he played for the Bengals. However he's had some major injuries & he's been in the league for 9 years. He could still be the best CB available though. A big question is how hungry is he to win at this stage in his career. I remember when the team signed Greg Jennings & that didn't work out so well.

The Fins really could have a very good defense with improved CB play. I think the pass rush will be excellent for the Fins. The LB's will probably play better with the addition of Alonso.
Yes agreed that's why I'd wait on signing a vet let's see what you have first. Pass rush may make their season if elite...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall signs with giants I'll keep an eye on him hopefully it works out for Fins not signing him.