• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cooper's rant

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys you listed we don't need to see or evaluate. The back ups and rookies are who we need to see, and speaking of evaluating what do you think about Bob not participating in any pre season games?:noidea:

He doesnt need it. Better to give the knee as much time to get strong as possible. And I will call it now, we will run the ball 65% of the time against the Eagles and not call any read option. But the Pistol formation will be in full effect.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys starting QB, #1WR, #1TE and Starting DE... top ten (debatable, but for the sake of not argueing I will give you top ten in these four spots) CBs I will give you top 15 in the league as a pair. ( again debatablely)

Every place else you are either injured or coming off season ending injures and kind of lack depth. The next four weeks SHOULD be about figuring out If anyone besides Romo, Dez, Witten, Ware and Lee and the CBs are actually worth the Star on their helmet. right now dallas main focus should be getting healthy and avoiding injury leading into game one. All else is secondary.

outside of rookies .... no starter we have will see the field..... and for the reason you named... not gonna risk injuries

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good grief can we even have any more injuries especially on the OL
or DL

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good grief can we even have any more injuries especially on the OL
or DL

Like I said dude.. show up in canton on Saturday wearing a Cowboys Jersey. If you are over 6'3" and weigh atleast 275 or more, Garrett will be offering one week contracts to play on the lines in the HOF game.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys starting QB, #1WR, #1TE and Starting DE... top ten (debatable, but for the sake of not argueing I will give you top ten in these four spots) CBs I will give you top 15 in the league as a pair. ( again debatablely)

Every place else you are either injured or coming off season ending injures and kind of lack depth. The next four weeks SHOULD be about figuring out If anyone besides Romo, Dez, Witten, Ware and Lee and the CBs are actually worth the Star on their helmet. right now dallas main focus should be getting healthy and avoiding injury leading into game one. All else is secondary.
I meant Offense and Defense starters as a complete unit. I think Dallas, when healthy, will be a threat to score 30 every time out. On D, with Ware, Spencer, Hatcher, Lee, Claiborne, Carter, and Carr, they have the talent, and now the scheme, to be top 10. Still have some holes.
As to your Redskins, I thought their run D was stout last year but their pass D was terrible. I thought they did a great job in drafting Amerson, Thomas and Rambo when they did. All three kids have talent

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant Offense and Defense starters as a complete unit. I think Dallas, when healthy, will be a threat to score 30 every time out. On D, with Ware, Spencer, Hatcher, Lee, Claiborne, Carter, and Carr, they have the talent, and now the scheme, to be top 10. Still have some holes.
As to your Redskins, I thought their run D was stout last year but their pass D was terrible. I thought they did a great job in drafting Amerson, Thomas and Rambo when they did. All three kids have talent

Eriko... I will agree with you. As far as starters go Dallas does have a very good group of talent. Problem is depth. If Ware goes down, you got diddly and squat behind him as we saw last year.

Now as for the defense... I agree that Ware and Spencer will get their sacks... provided you can find even half a warm body thats healthy to play the two DT spots. But again without depth, I think Ware faces alot of double teams and chip blocks, and Spencer does as well. Also not sold that Carr ad Claiborne will just smoothly transition to the tampa two. So I think you will play a hybrid cover two, with both of them playing alot of MAN (which is their strong point) and Safety help over the top. But it would be a mistake to play a true tampa Two zone. I think this will work great if the offense lines up two WR max protection. But if you face a team who can go three or four wide, Im just not seeing the experience or depth to adjust in the secondary... atleast not this year with the scheme switch.

As far as Washington and our defense are concerned.. as our pass rush goes, so does our defense as a whole. I was pumped with our draft from a defensive stand point. But as much as I like amerson, Rambo and thomas... three rookies is a big gap to overcome. If Rak and Kerrigan are not getting to the QB early and often, I think we will still struggle to stop the pass. But much like last year, I think we will be very stout against the run.

Sadly we play some of the most pass happy deep threat teams in the league this year in Dallas, Denver, Atlanta, Detroit and NY. And Green Bay aint no slouch. :L

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eriko... I will agree with you. As far as starters go Dallas does have a very good group of talent. Problem is depth. If Ware goes down, you got diddly and squat behind him as we saw last year.

Now as for the defense... I agree that Ware and Spencer will get their sacks... provided you can find even half a warm body thats healthy to play the two DT spots. But again without depth, I think Ware faces alot of double teams and chip blocks, and Spencer does as well. Also not sold that Carr ad Claiborne will just smoothly transition to the tampa two. So I think you will play a hybrid cover two, with both of them playing alot of MAN (which is their strong point) and Safety help over the top. But it would be a mistake to play a true tampa Two zone. I think this will work great if the offense lines up two WR max protection. But if you face a team who can go three or four wide, Im just not seeing the experience or depth to adjust in the secondary... atleast not this year with the scheme switch.

As far as Washington and our defense are concerned.. as our pass rush goes, so does our defense as a whole. I was pumped with our draft from a defensive stand point. But as much as I like amerson, Rambo and thomas... three rookies is a big gap to overcome. If Rak and Kerrigan are not getting to the QB early and often, I think we will still struggle to stop the pass. But much like last year, I think we will be very stout against the run.

Sadly we play some of the most pass happy deep threat teams in the league this year in Dallas, Denver, Atlanta, Detroit and NY. And Green Bay aint no slouch. :L
I think Washington is in the same boat as Dallas in a way, if they stay healthy. If they can get a lead, and let their young safeties stay over the top and let their pass rushers pin their ears back, they'll be in great shape
Detroit is the interesting team in that bunch to me. With Calvin Johnson going for nearly 2000 facing double coverage last year, I could see Reggie Bush having a monster year catching the ball out of the backfield

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Washington is in the same boat as Dallas in a way, if they stay healthy. If they can get a lead, and let their young safeties stay over the top and let their pass rushers pin their ears back, they'll be in great shape

Eriko.. I think we showed last year by overcoming the loss of Rak and Carriker in game two, the suspension of Jackson for the season, and Merriweather only playing one half of football that we do have a bit of depth. I will give you that Dallas has the star power t the starting positions... but Washington has better depth at the moment.

Neither of these teams is likely to have a top ten defense, but I think both will once again rank highly in offense. So it will come down to which team can overcome the weakness in their defense the best. And with the Line in Dallas looking like a mash unit two days before the first of five pre-season games... its just questionable how well that offense will hold up early in the season. Much less through 16 games.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eriko.. I think we showed last year by overcoming the loss of Rak and Carriker in game two, the suspension of Jackson for the season, and Merriweather only playing one half of football that we do have a bit of depth. I will give you that Dallas has the star power t the starting positions... but Washington has better depth at the moment.

Neither of these teams is likely to have a top ten defense, but I think both will once again rank highly in offense. So it will come down to which team can overcome the weakness in their defense the best. And with the Line in Dallas looking like a mash unit two days before the first of five pre-season games... its just questionable how well that offense will hold up early in the season. Much less through 16 games.
I believe that the division will be tight this year, and its going to come down to one thing plain and simple, those 6 division games. Dallas, Washington and NYG are very close, injuries and perhaps Washingtons first place schedule are key. Either way, the division games are the big key, because I don't see any chance that the wildcard comes out of the East

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that the division will be tight this year, and its going to come down to one thing plain and simple, those 6 division games. Dallas, Washington and NYG are very close, injuries and perhaps Washingtons first place schedule are key. Either way, the division games are the big key, because I don't see any chance that the wildcard comes out of the East

I think NY Goes 2-4 in the Division, their two wins both coming against Philly. I think Washington and Dallas both go 5-1 in Division... with us splitting the Series. Philly is ummm.. screwt. As for outside the Division... I think Confrence games are going to be the key.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NY Goes 2-4 in the Division, their two wins both coming against Philly. I think Washington and Dallas both go 5-1 in Division... with us splitting the Series. Philly is ummm.. screwt. As for outside the Division... I think Confrence games are going to be the key.
I agree about Philly, 0-6 wouldn't be a shock. NYG looks down, but they are a squirrely bunch. Stat I heard the other day that I didn't realize, Eli has never had a losing season as a starter. Pretty impressive really, as much as I hate to admit it

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Philly, 0-6 wouldn't be a shock. NYG looks down, but they are a squirrely bunch. Stat I heard the other day that I didn't realize, Eli has never had a losing season as a starter. Pretty impressive really, as much as I hate to admit it

Interesting stat. Funny thing about records like that, they eventually fall. Romo had never lost on Thanks giving. I think NY is alot thinner on that Defense than they will let on.I think they are going to struggle against both our offenses this year. And while Eli might not end up with a losing season.. NY WONT be playing a home Super Bowl..

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesnt need it. Better to give the knee as much time to get strong as possible. And I will call it now, we will run the ball 65% of the time against the Eagles and not call any read option. But the Pistol formation will be in full effect.

Something smells fishy about that, if he is HEALTHY why wouldn't he at least play in the dress rehearsal game?:whistle::

Every other HEALTHY NFL starting QB will be.....:yahoo:

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat. Funny thing about records like that, they eventually fall. Romo had never lost on Thanks giving. I think NY is alot thinner on that Defense than they will let on.I think they are going to struggle against both our offenses this year. And while Eli might not end up with a losing season.. NY WONT be playing a home Super Bowl..
They don't have a LB that could start for another team in the Division

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something smells fishy about that, if he is HEALTHY why wouldn't he at least play in the dress rehearsal game?:whistle::

Every other HEALTHY NFL starting QB will be.....:yahoo:

Simple.. why put him out there and risk some one taking a cheap shot in a game that doesnt matter? I know you been peaking. If the game mattered, Im sure he would play. Besides... in the event that he isnt healthy.. cousins plays. Im not too worried. :suds:

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple.. why put him out there and risk some one taking a cheap shot in a game that doesnt matter? I know you been peaking. If the game mattered, Im sure he would play. Besides... in the event that he isnt healthy.. cousins plays. Im not too worried. :suds:

You know that Shit don't add up, like u said every other NFL starting QB will be out there and they face that same risk, Shanny ain't fooling me:whistle: Wouldn't suprise me @ the least if Bob started off on the pup list :L

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that Shit don't add up, like u said every other NFL starting QB will be out there and they face that same risk, Shanny ain't fooling me:whistle: Wouldn't suprise me @ the least if Bob started off on the pup list :L

Why dont it add up?? Honestly dude, if thats the case, why arent Ware and half your starters playing this weekend??

And I doubt seriously he starts out on the PUP list as much as you may want him to. He'll be on the active roster week one even if he doesn't play. And the reason you dont play him in a meaningless game in week three of the preseason is so that he IS available for wek one. No one questioned Peterson not playing in the third preseason game now did they?? Its the Smart move and you know it.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why dont it add up?? Honestly dude, if thats the case, why arent Ware and half your starters playing this weekend??

And I doubt seriously he starts out on the PUP list as much as you may want him to. He'll be on the active roster week one even if he doesn't play. And the reason you dont play him in a meaningless game in week three of the preseason is so that he IS available for wek one. No one questioned Peterson not playing in the third preseason game now did they?? Its the Smart move and you know it.

Are you seriously comparing a RB to. QB, when it comes to preparation? I an not saying he should play meaningless preseason games I said the dress rehearsal. Riddle me this if Bob was never injured last year would he not be seeing some preseason action? And for the record I am not wishing anything I want Bob & any other competition at their best, bit by know means will I feel bad or loose any sleep if they are not...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you seriously comparing a RB to. QB, when it comes to preparation? I an not saying he should play meaningless preseason games I said the dress rehearsal. Riddle me this if Bob was never injured last year would he not be seeing some preseason action? And for the record I am not wishing anything I want Bob & any other competition at their best, bit by know means will I feel bad or loose any sleep if they are not...

Sure.. if he hadnt be injured, he probably would be playing. But in light of the fact that he was, and even the dress rehearsal is a meaningless game in the end... why risk it instead of giving him the extra two weeks to get comfortable in his recovery?? First off, even in the "dress rehersal" no one shows anything more than a watered down version of their base offense. So aside from proving to the doubters he is ready to play week one, what possible reason could there be to put him out there in a meaningless game? The plan was never to have him ready to play in the preseason. the plan all along was to have him ready to play when the games actually counted. So aside from quieting hopeful doubters.. .what point would it serve??

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.. if he hadnt be injured, he probably would be playing. But in light of the fact that he was, and even the dress rehearsal is a meaningless game in the end... why risk it instead of giving him the extra two weeks to get comfortable in his recovery?? First off, even in the "dress rehersal" no one shows anything more than a watered down version of their base offense. So aside from proving to the doubters he is ready to play week one, what possible reason could there be to put him out there in a meaningless game? The plan was never to have him ready to play in the preseason. the plan all along was to have him ready to play when the games actually counted. So aside from quieting hopeful doubters.. .what point would it serve??

Chemistry & taking a NFL hit, also I hear he has to wear that bulky knee brace for the whole year and more than likely the remainder of his career:omg: