• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cooley on what went wrong this year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c it proves not everyone in the organization was onboard with the pick. I tried saying this to you guys but you immediately dismissed it. I love it when I am right. lol

So wait.. if the GM decides Kirk is not worth the money.. it was brilliant. But the GM making the pick in the draft was a dumb move?? Look either you trust our GM or you dont.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait.. if the GM decides Kirk is not worth the money.. it was brilliant. But the GM making the pick in the draft was a dumb move?? Look either you trust our GM or you dont.

You are getting way off base here. I already stated why this proved me right at draft day.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some good observations but some of these sound like the ultimate armchair QB badmouthing pretty much every move made by the team. Does Cooley remember how bad this organization was not that long ago? Did he really basically badmouth a 2nd year guard who just made the pro bowl? How about bitching about Doctson? Well - nobody can predict when someone is going to get hurt & who knows in a few years Doctson may be one of their biggest stars. You can't evaluate this after only one year.

No doubt this team made some mistakes but they also did some things right. Reading these observations I would swear that this team finished the year 0-16.

He wasn't bad mouthing Scherff. He said Scherff was one his favorite 5 Redskins. Most of the things listed he was screaming all year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't bad mouthing Scherff. He said Scherff was one his favorite 5 Redskins. Most of the things listed he was screaming all year.

NO no, I heard it.. Jay Gruden explicitly said... Dean was right, we should have never drafted that Bum Scherff over Leonard Williams and if Jay had his way, SMGM would be immediately fired and replaced by the greatest talent scout of all time

Deanpet21

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometime ago I was accused of believing everything Cooley said. He knows more than any of us but at the same time a week or so ago he talked about how he thinks he understands everything that is happening on the D but isn't 100% sure.

Where is Cooley getting all this info? BMitch doesn't have it, Doc doesn't have it? Is it coming from the front office. Riggo doesn't have it. He is grading these guys on the radio every week. I don't think the guys in the locker room are telling him these things.

I like Cooley but you should listen to this stuff with a filter.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometime ago I was accused of believing everything Cooley said. He knows more than any of us but at the same time a week or so ago he talked about how he thinks he understands everything that is happening on the D but isn't 100% sure.

Where is Cooley getting all this info? BMitch doesn't have it, Doc doesn't have it? Is it coming from the front office. Riggo doesn't have it. He is grading these guys on the radio every week. I don't think the guys in the locker room are telling him these things.

I like Cooley but you should listen to this stuff with a filter.

I heard he gets game film from the Redskins organization. That may be a clue that he's got an "in" to the higher ups. That's, of course, a guess on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. He was at the Redskins welcome home luncheon right before the season and supposedly communicated his views on Ihenacho to the team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cooley seems to think we need to resign KC and he was hamstrung

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have always said that scherf was the pick and should be period if you can find any damn post in which i said the whole entire organization jizzes over the scherf pick i invite you to find it

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO no, I heard it.. Jay Gruden explicitly said... Dean was right, we should have never drafted that Bum Scherff over Leonard Williams and if Jay had his way, SMGM would be immediately fired and replaced by the greatest talent scout of all time

Deanpet21

My name's been it and I ain't in it. Lol

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he gets game film from the Redskins organization. That may be a clue that he's got an "in" to the higher ups. That's, of course, a guess on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. He was at the Redskins welcome home luncheon right before the season and supposedly communicated his views on Ihenacho to the team.

I am not arguing your point but I heard him and Sheehan talking about having an All 22 account. Cooley had let his elapse the last week and needed Sheehan's password to get on.

I know he has a great relationship with Snyder so he could be getting game tape from the team. Hell he could be getting some of his info from Snyder. I don't think he is a favorite in the locker room but he is in the Ivory Tower.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing your point but I heard him and Sheehan talking about having an All 22 account. Cooley had let his elapse the last week and needed Sheehan's password to get on.

I know he has a great relationship with Snyder so he could be getting game tape from the team. Hell he could be getting some of his info from Snyder. I don't think he is a favorite in the locker room but he is in the Ivory Tower.

I heard that he got game film from team via 106.7 The Fan. I think they're pretty reputable, but who knows. I respect Cooley's opinions for the most part and he seems to be on point most of the time.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c it proves not everyone in the organization was onboard with the pick. I tried saying this to you guys but you immediately dismissed it. I love it when I am right. lol

Not necessarily. You may be right, but another possibility is, and I hope this isn't the case....That Snyder's growing restless amd impatient with Scotty Mac. So Jay is putting as much distance between himself and Scotty as he can before the head lopping starts.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the OP and what Cooley is saying or claiming. I hope all of it is bullshit though that opening line about Bruton is very hard to dismiss. He had no business being a starter, even on a shitty defense like the Skins. Its hard to fathom how that didn't come out at training camp and preseason. So the question "why then was he starting?" I'm having a hard time coming up with a satisfactory or reasonable answer.

And if the rest of the stuff or most of it is true. We're still basically the same clueless outfit when it comes to the draft. Are still putting round pegs where square blocks should go. And are basically the same dysfunctional puzzle factory that we've always been during the Snyder regime.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me is that Bruton, Reyes, and guys like that were in there or given way more rope than they should have was because they were aquired by Scot. Is Jay under pressure to play Scot's guys?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Cerrato's entire bullshit draft made the roster. Now in no way am I comparing Scot to Cerrato, but it would not be the first time at Redskins Park that there was unsaid pressure to play guys or allow guys to hang around for fear of undermining or embarrassing the GM.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Gruden's comment on Scherff but decided not to post about it because I really didn't want to get back into this. But if you can't tell from that comment from the head coach that he too believes the 5th pick is too early for a guard then you are simply being stubborn.

As for the rest of Cooley's comments a lot of it makes perfect sense. Bruton was a joke and the fact that they left him in was really a bad decision. We always wondered what Iffy did to piss people off and now this makes sense. He needed to be more mature but giving away his number, when other players received compensation in the past, was totally classless.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. You may be right, but another possibility is, and I hope this isn't the case....That Snyder's growing restless amd impatient with Scotty Mac. So Jay is putting as much distance between himself and Scotty as he can before the head lopping starts.
from chad ryan

According to people inside #Redskins park, Snyder has bought into the 'McCloughan philosophy' of how to build a team

Gruden asked McCloughan to help re-build the offense as a priority. McCloughan acquiesced. First two round 1 draft picks went to offense.

this could explain a lot

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally buy the Scherff pick was made with other factors such as protecting Kirk to help the development and evaluation process. This of course screams need over BPA are hardly proves after only 2 seasons that he was the best player to be selected for the long term. By lumping the pick in with a player who didn't play the head coach clearly revealed that he felt that he was a bit handicapped by those selections. I mean how else could that quote be interpreted?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally buy the Scherff pick was made with other factors such as protecting Kirk to help the development and evaluation process. This of course screams need over BPA are hardly proves after only 2 seasons that he was the best player to be selected for the long term. By lumping the pick in with a player who didn't play the head coach clearly revealed that he felt that he was a bit handicapped by those selections. I mean how else could that quote be interpreted?

if you asked for the GM to strengthen your offense and he attempts to do so , i dont see how you have an argument . he gave you a PB OG and a potential number one wr (who was hurt )

grudens frustration in my opinion needs to be directed at MKD the man with alleged toughness questions , the homesick manchild

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden hiring a guy to run his defense that had 0-16 on his resume should not and cannot be overlooked. If he had hired Wade and not been so insecure we are most likely playing this weekend.