• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cooley on what went wrong this year

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you asked for the GM to strengthen your offense and he attempts to do so , i dont see how you have an argument . he gave you a PB OG and a potential number one wr (who was hurt )

grudens frustration in my opinion needs to be directed at MKD the man with alleged toughness questions , the homesick manchild

Again we both have agreed that BPA is the best long term way to draft. If this accounts are true you are clearly filling a need rather than taking the best player for the long term which is usually always a mistake. Scherff's success at guard, where it was pretty much a no-brainer, does not change the argument that drafting for need rather than BPA is a mistake.

And again please help me understand your interpretation of the head coach's comment about the pick if you don't agree it was as I posted.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooley seems a bit nutty to me sometimes but who knows.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think i have may have responded to your quote by mistake . my apologies . BPA is the best way to draft in most cases. my draft philosophy has been take the BPA at a position of need (we have several needs and have had ) if you cant do that then take the highest rated guy (BPA) on your board

i have argued sherf was the BPA (he also filled a need ) . i dont care what position he plays and didnt . so far he seems to be working out . i can also see how he could be a need pick in the draft . wont argue that

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from chad ryan

According to people inside #Redskins park, Snyder has bought into the 'McCloughan philosophy' of how to build a team

Gruden asked McCloughan to help re-build the offense as a priority. McCloughan acquiesced. First two round 1 draft picks went to offense.

this could explain a lot

That's another possibility for sure and it falls into the preferred possibility category. And if that is the case. It also stands to reason Jay wasn't bemoaning or bad-mouthing the Scherff pick. Which also falls into the preferred possibility category.

Has the question been ask......why Cooley revealed all this? I've heard he's very pro-Redskin, but what's been claimed in the OP isn't very pro-Redskin at all. That's not to say I think he should lie to protect the Redskins. He doesn't need to fill up a dumpster and set it on fire either.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's another possibility for sure and it falls into the preferred possibility category. And if that is the case. It also stands to reason Jay wasn't bemoaning or bad-mouthing the Scherff pick. Which also falls into the preferred possibility category.

Has the question been ask......why Cooley revealed all this? I've heard he's very pro-Redskin, but what's been claimed in the OP isn't very pro-Redskin at all. That's not to say I think he should lie to protect the Redskins. He doesn't need to fill up a dumpster and set it on fire either.
So I listen to Cooley quite a bit. He is every bit pro redskin. But he is also a radio personality now and is evaluated by ratings. And we all know controversy is good for ratings. This doesn't mean that he is making this up, but if he only reports the same crap as his competitors, he doesn't distinguish himself.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

look , being pro redskins doesnt mean he has to tow the company line . i dont think cooley is the end all be all but i like him like i like bullock and kiem but again they aint the end all be all

plus cooley didnt reveal the post i made chad ryan did for what its worth

and it is that dreaded unknown source

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look , being pro redskins doesnt mean he has to tow the company line . i dont think cooley is the end all be all but i like him like i like bullock and kiem but again they aint the end all be all

plus cooley didnt reveal the post i made chad ryan did for what its worth

and it is that dreaded unknown source
I'd take Cooley's opinion/information any day over Chad. Chad has no where near the contacts in the organization that Cooley does nor the football knowledge.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Cooley's opinion/information any day over Chad. Chad has no where near the contacts in the organization that Cooley does nor the football knowledge.
again ryan's source is anonymous and you know how i feel about that

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to buy a lot of what Cooley says. First he knows the game from the inside and he clearly has sources. I would expect Nacho to respond, who wouldn't when you are called "unprofessional". That hardly means it's not true. The Bruton comments were dead on point, there is no real explanation for why he was allowed to continue as a starter if the Nacho story didn't have some truth to it.

And I will never back down from the position that the quote "We've had two number 1 picks. One hasn't played and the other one is a guard" clearly meant he was not happy with the Scherff pick. I mean there is absolutely no other way to interpret that quote.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to buy a lot of what Cooley says. First he knows the game from the inside and he clearly has sources. I would expect Nacho to respond, who wouldn't when you are called "unprofessional". That hardly means it's not true. The Bruton comments were dead on point, there is no real explanation for why he was allowed to continue as a starter if the Nacho story didn't have some truth to it.

And I will never back down from the position that the quote "We've had two number 1 picks. One hasn't played and the other one is a guard" clearly meant he was not happy with the Scherff pick. I mean there is absolutely no other way to interpret that quote.
he can be unhappy with it , however he asked for help on offense and his GM tried to get him help . he came up with a PB guard and a potential # 1 wr ( who got hurt )

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can be unhappy with it , however he asked for help on offense and his GM tried to get him help . he came up with a PB guard and a potential # 1 wr ( who got hurt )

Lather, rinse, repeat eh dad? :D

This is why I didn't want to get back into this, we are both clearly dug in with our positions. But when the quote appeared I thought it was worth addressing for those not so dug in. Again you are basing your argument that SM was asked to fix the offense on a report that may or not be true. Gruden provided a direct quote that needs no confirmation, we all heard it for ourselves and it says a lot.

Again never said it was a bad pick, had he turned into a guy like Robinson now then it would have been a bad pick. Just felt we could have gotten a more impactful player at 5 than a guard and clearly so does the head coach. I would think his opinion would matter more than yours or mine would.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lather, rinse, repeat eh dad? :D

This is why I didn't want to get back into this, we are both clearly dug in with our positions. But when the quote appeared I thought it was worth addressing for those not so dug in. Again you are basing your argument that SM was asked to fix the offense on a report that may or not be true. Gruden provided a direct quote that needs no confirmation, we all heard it for ourselves and it says a lot.

Again never said it was a bad pick, had he turned into a guy like Robinson now then it would have been a bad pick. Just felt we could have gotten a more impactful player at 5 than a guard and clearly so does the head coach. I would think his opinion would matter more than yours or mine would.

you also need to take what a guy says after a season ending emotional loss with a grain of salt too , fair ?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you also need to take what a guy says after a season ending emotional loss with a grain of salt too , fair ?

Sorry Dad but I just can't give you that. It wasn't said in in the locker room post game, the quote came a full day later when emotions had calmed down. Saying "the other one was a guard. We have got to utilize our picks" cleary says the head football coach of your Washington Redskins feels using the 5th pick in the draft on a guard was not fully utilizing the pick. Sorry bro but that's the story and there is no other way to look at it. You may not agree with him but as I said his opinion matters more than ours does.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Dad but I just can't give you that. It wasn't said in in the locker room post game, the quote came a full day later when emotions had calmed down. Saying "the other one was a guard. We have got to utilize our picks" cleary says the head football coach of your Washington Redskins feels using the 5th pick in the draft on a guard was not fully utilizing the pick. Sorry bro but that's the story and there is no other way to look at it. You may not agree with him but as I said his opinion matters more than ours does.

well he just pissed off 2 people , his pro bowl OG and his boss

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
link to original audio

Cooley & Kevin lay it all out on the table with what exactly went wrong with the Redskins this season. Where were the biggest problems going into the season and how did they effect the end result? Some of these problems may shock you... (Date Added: 1/5/17)
ESPN 980 Audio Vault - Play Now

Gave away Ihenacho's # w/o telling him which caused him to behave unprofessionally for the first 8 weeks.

Nacho refuted this story on twitter

he goes on for like 10 tweets

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said I expected this reply from a guy who was called unprofessional. Hardly means it's not true.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Barry got fired because the defense sucked and some players were regressing in the two years he was there. All of the rest of this stuff is window dressing post mortem.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said I expected this reply from a guy who was called unprofessional. Hardly means it's not true.

Duke Ihenacho Disputes Chris Cooley's Theory He Was Salty Over Josh Norman Getting His Number

Cmon. If you read Ihenacho's replies they sound pretty unemotional & make sense. I think that he is telling the truth. I posted previously that he acted like a baby. However - reading his replies it sounds like this story was totally exaggerated to make him look bad. Without proof this is very unprofessional on Cooley's part & kind of makes him look like a dick. Whatever happened to trying to verify rumors first (at least somewhat)?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is like watching soap operas. He sucked, he's gone ... end of story. Make a good hire.