• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cooley on what went wrong this year

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't hear it, the first hour of Cooley and Kevin this morning was must listen. Do yourself a favor and download it.

Cliff notes

Cooley told Skins Bruton couldn't play in preseason. Said it probably cost the team two games.

Breeland dictated to the team that he wanted to cover other team's #1's. Took the Brown debacle and the first half of the Cowboys game for Barry to put an end to it.

Moved Blackmon to safety because they liked Phillips. Said Blackmon was solid at nickle last year.

Moved Hall to safety when he would have been much more effective at dime.

Gave away Ihenacho's # w/o telling him which caused him to behave unprofessionally for the first 8 weeks.

Tried to start the season with Baker, Reyes, and Golston as your starting D Line. Said whoever decided that it was a good idea to give Reyes money should be.......

Talked about how L. Williams and V. Beasley will be much more impactfull moving forward. Said he loves Scherff but kind of echoed Jay's frustration.

If you didn't hear, Jay took a shot at Scot this week. "We've had two number 1 picks. One hasn't played and the other one is a guard.

Not giving Kirk a long term contract crippled his ability to be the leader in the locker room. Said people like Kirk, but don't fear him.

Took 15 million in cap space into the season, where guys lime Harrison, Weddle, and others could have really helped you.

Cut Reiter, which would have allowed you to play Long at LG, which would have kept Lauvao off the field.

Instead of drafting Doctson, Cooley said they could have easily traded down, drafted D. Henry from Alabama, and still got their extra pick.

He goes on. It's a must listen.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't hear it, the first hour of Cooley and Kevin this morning was must listen. Do yourself a favor and download it.

Cliff notes

Cooley told Skins Bruton couldn't play in preseason. Said it probably cost the team two games.

Breeland dictated to the team that he wanted to cover other team's #1's. Took the Brown debacle and the first half of the Cowboys game for Barry to put an end to it.

Moved Blackmon to safety because they liked Phillips. Said Blackmon was solid at nickle last year.

Gave away Ihenacho's # w/o telling him which caused him to behave unprofessionally for the first 8 weeks.

Tried to start the season with Baker, Reyes, and Golston as your starting D Line. Said whoever decided that it was a good idea to give Reyes money should be.......

Talked about how L. Williams and V. Beasley will be much more impactfull moving forward. Said he loves Scherff but kind of echoed Jay's frustration.

If you didn't hear, Jay took a shot at Scot this week. "We've had two number 1 picks. One hasn't played and the other one is a guard.

Not giving Kirk a long term contract crippled his ability to be the leader in the locker room. Said people like Kirk, but don't fear him.

Took 15 million in cap space into the season, where guys lime Harrison, Weddle, and others could have really helped you.

Cut Reiter, which would have allowed you to play Long at LG, which would have kept Lauvao off the field.

Instead of drafting Doctson, Cooley said they could have easily traded down, drafted D. Henry from Alabama, and still got their extra pick.

This is hilarious. I didn't hear about Jay taking a shot at Scot. Where is skinsdad??? lol Can you post the link?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hilarious. I didn't hear about Jay taking a shot at Scot. Where is skinsdad??? lol Can you post the link?

I don't have a link. It was an interview. Go to ESPN 980 around 2 and it should be up. You can also hear it if you have the Tune In app on your phone.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cliff notes

im listening now. I got it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baby! BTW - he didn't exactly light the world on fire in the latter half of the season. Cya Duke.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is outstanding and im only 13 minutes in.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked about how Kelley missed a lot this year, and is not sure he is the guy moving forward. Said if the Skins had a game this week, and he was the coach, he would give the ball to Mack Brown.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it's the behind the scenes stuff, we aren't privy to, that determines the on field play too. It's more than Xs and Os that make a team good or bad in a season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw the presser where he took a shot at SM

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This just proves my point to you that not everyone in the organization was onboard with Scherff at #5. You argued this awhile back.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are some good observations but some of these sound like the ultimate armchair QB badmouthing pretty much every move made by the team. Does Cooley remember how bad this organization was not that long ago? Did he really basically badmouth a 2nd year guard who just made the pro bowl? How about bitching about Doctson? Well - nobody can predict when someone is going to get hurt & who knows in a few years Doctson may be one of their biggest stars. You can't evaluate this after only one year.

No doubt this team made some mistakes but they also did some things right. Reading these observations I would swear that this team finished the year 0-16.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just proves my point to you that not everyone in the organization was onboard with Scherff at #5. You argued this awhile back.

YOu still butt hurt that they didnt take Wiliams is all. Get over it, we got a cornerstone O-lineman that allowed your other man crush to get on the field.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I call BS on that observation. The guy just made the pro bowl. I don't care what he stated - that was an excellent pick. Unlike you I don't view Chris Cooley as God. He was a good player & is a good analyst but let's not get carried away.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call BS on that observation. The guy just made the pro bowl. I don't care what he stated - that was an excellent pick. Unlike you I don't view Chris Cooley as God. He was a good player & is a good analyst but let's not get carried away.

You misunderstood. GRUDEN made the remark about Scot. Not Cooley. Listen to the Cooley podcast its interesting.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOu still butt hurt that they didnt take Wiliams is all. Get over it, we got a cornerstone O-lineman that allowed your other man crush to get on the field.

Not the point.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the point.

NO thats exactly your point and every one knows it. You have beat the drum from the moment the pick was made that we shouldnt have taken Scherff. Now the coach makes a sideways comment and you feel vindicated.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO thats exactly your point and every one knows it. You have beat the drum from the moment the pick was made that we shouldnt have taken Scherff. Now the coach makes a sideways comment and you feel vindicated.

b/c it proves not everyone in the organization was onboard with the pick. I tried saying this to you guys but you immediately dismissed it. I love it when I am right. lol