• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cool Video

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I normally don't start new threads for these. I'll just find and old one and bump it, but I feel this is an exception. Of course, we're not there yet, as we lost last year, but I think it was pretty cool. I view this as a Niner video, not an Alex video because so much of our ups and downs were with him as our QB, like it or not. Some guy did this video for his philm editting class, so some of it explains things that most Niner fans know, but this was to a general audience.

Sportsfan - FULL version on Vimeo

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"Forward! He went forward! Is this Canada?"

Awesome.

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for sharing man!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Man, Josh Morgan was really looking pretty good those first few games. Really a shame we lost him, especially on a meaningless play.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Josh Morgan was really looking pretty good those first few games. Really a shame we lost him, especially on a meaningless play.

I didn't watch the video - but wanted to agree with this post - I look forward to keeping up with Josh while he plays in his home town.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was hoping he'd stay this year, and thought he would, but I can understand why he left. I wish him well. I think there's a good chance the season ends differently if he stayed healthy.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping he'd stay this year, and thought he would, but I can understand why he left. I wish him well. I think there's a good chance the season ends differently if he stayed healthy.

Yeah, he got a great payday to play in his back yard, hard to compete with that. Morgan had Vernon Davis type chemistry with Alex and that might have come in handy vs. the Giants, so who knows, you might be right about the season outcome comment.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Thanks for posting that MHSL.

Watching that video made me remember how big of a hit it was to lose Morgan to injury with as thin a WR corps as the Niners had last year.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting that MHSL.

Watching that video made me remember how big of a hit it was to lose Morgan to injury with as thin a WR corps as the Niners had last year.

:bj:

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But "WE WANT CARR!!!" Fuck the bandwagon fans/Arm chair GM/coaches. You know who you are.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great vid, only half-through, will have to watch the rest later. What an awesome season, here's to going 2 wins better this year (and I ain't talkin' about the reg. season!).

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope the kid got a good grade on that video because he did a great job.

How clueless were Nolan and Singletary? It's amazing to think that this team had a new coach and was locked out and yet still turned in a season like that.

The reason the 49ers didn't win the Giants game is because they never had 3rd and 3 at the end of the game.
:suspicious:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You can't win without a Quarterback." (Mike Singletary)

No, you can't win without a coach.

I think we proved that this year. When you have the right coaches in place special things tend to happen.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great vid, only half-through, will have to watch the rest later. What an awesome season, here's to going 2 wins better this year (and I ain't talkin' about the reg. season!).

Yeah, I'd be ok with only winning 14 this year if 4 of them were in the postseason. If we win the Superbowl this year, I want 4 playoff games, not 3 (no bye) because playoffs are so fun. However, I know our best chances are homefield with a bye. So here's to being the best in the NFC!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't the guy to comment on the video's website, but I think he's right. I wish he had put in the Houston Texans game and then the TDs Alex had after the exchange with Singletary. I think that's where it started to change. But I liked this because it seemed more Niner-centric as opposed to being more Alex-centric. I was surprised he didn't put in the infamous fumble in the Philadelphia 2010 game that was returned for a TD. He must be an Alex fan (shocker!).

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You can't win without a Quarterback." (Mike Singletary)

No, you can't win without a coach.

I think we proved that this year. When you have the right coaches in place special things tend to happen.

I can think of at least one other time when this was proven as well. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I posted the other one here, might as well keep this thread until the season starts.

Disclaimer: This video is just a compilation of a lot of Niner pictures throughout the year, so if you don't like picture videos, skip it. They have some I had never seen before so if you've got the time...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The audio / commentary for the Terrell Owens catch was bad, or should I say not the correct version. The best that gives you goose bumps is when the announcer yells, "OWENS! OWENS! OWENS...!" Similar to the audio recording of Erci Davis yelling "Oooohh-Hooo" when made the catch III.

Also this is could be a slight error with the facts: "
As a kid, Jim's family motto was "who's got it better than us?" His dad Jack would ask it and his family would scream back "nobody"
I don't recall that that is how that slogan/motto came into existence. I believe the origin of it started in Jack Harbaugh's team at Wester Michigan University D1AA squad. I could be wrong though, perhaps it started much earlier than that.

To sum it though, I really enjoyed this film - despite knowing the end result (aka the tragedy) that transpired the following week after The Catch III.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The audio / commentary for the Terrell Owens catch was bad, or should I say not the correct version. The best that gives you goose bumps is when the announcer yells, "OWENS! OWENS! OWENS...!" Similar to the audio recording of Erci Davis yelling "Oooohh-Hooo" when made the catch III.

Also this is could be a slight error with the facts: " I don't recall that that is how that slogan/motto came into existence. I believe the origin of it started in Jack Harbaugh's team at Wester Michigan University D1AA squad. I could be wrong though, perhaps it started much earlier than that.

To sum it though, I really enjoyed this film - despite knowing the end result (aka the tragedy) that transpired the following week after The Catch III.

Everytime I've heard it, it was the way the video has it, but that might be spread incorrectly because it's a better story. So I don't know, I was under the impression that the dad did that with the family and brought it to the football field. The story goes that Harbaugh's dad was changing teams and cities, sometimes unemployed, so their life was unstable and on the poorer side, but they had family and they felt they were a special family, so "who's got it better than me."

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime I've heard it, it was the way the video has it, but that might be spread incorrectly because it's a better story. So I don't know, I was under the impression that the dad did that with the family and brought it to the football field. The story goes that Harbaugh's dad was changing teams and cities, sometimes unemployed, so their life was unstable and on the poorer side, but they had family and they felt they were a special family, so "who's got it better than me."

On that NFL Network segment before the Harbowl, with their parents, Jack told the story about how he did that in a car while they were either on a trip or moving to a new town. I don't remember if they asked him where it originated, or if they just asked him about it in general and he told that story.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-the-season/09000d5d8245ad9f/The-NFL-Season-The-ties-that-bind

Oh I was wrong too, sounds like he did come up with it on the field. With that story about how they didn't have indoor facilities and nobody wanted to be there