• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conner Manning

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few of my old HS teammates coached him in HS so I've been a fan of his for the last 2 years. He helped turn around a morbid El Toro program back into a Pac 5 and South Coast League contender. The Pac 5 according to Max Preps is the toughest section in the nation and the SCL was rated the number 3 league. He broke Matt Barkley's OC passing records. Was called the best QB out of El Toro, which is impressive since in the 80s they had three QBs in a row who had pro careers.

What do you guys think of him? IMO, he has an average arm, very quick release and makes good decisions. His game reminded me of Colt Brennan sans the ugly side arm release. His HS stats are inflated due to the Oregon-speed offense he ran. Note, it wasn't a pass only O....His RB had 1500 yards as a junior and 1000 as a senior. He's better than the QB you have last year from San Clemente...Wilson.

sdsusucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few of my old HS teammates coached him in HS so I've been a fan of his for the last 2 years. He helped turn around a morbid El Toro program back into a Pac 5 and South Coast League contender. The Pac 5 according to Max Preps is the toughest section in the nation and the SCL was rated the number 3 league. He broke Matt Barkley's OC passing records. Was called the best QB out of El Toro, which is impressive since in the 80s they had three QBs in a row who had pro careers.

What do you guys think of him? IMO, he has an average arm, very quick release and makes good decisions. His game reminded me of Colt Brennan sans the ugly side arm release. His HS stats are inflated due to the Oregon-speed offense he ran. Note, it wasn't a pass only O....His RB had 1500 yards as a junior and 1000 as a senior. He's better than the QB you have last year from San Clemente...Wilson.

I can tell you that the Ute coaching staff is much higher on him than that, BUT they LOVE Wilson & he will be the guy this season - at least the first half of it. After that, the Utes have a lot of talent behind him & if someone ends up breaking out (read: is a true star) sooner rather than later, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brandon Cox step into the role. Especially if Utah loses 5 or 6 games quickly, which they could.

Erickson loves Cox, but hasn't yet had a chance to really get to work with Manning or Texan Micah Thomas yet. Cox is a true spread guy in the mold of Dennard Robinson. Thomas is that type of guy as well, but is likely headed to the Ute secondary.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that they are in love with Wilson. Confidence is so important that I don't think they would risk an open QB competition unless there was at least one that was "Close".

Word out of camp today Is that every freshman looked lost at that Position.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning was getting rave reviews for his practice today. Thought you might like to hear that your boy is showing well.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Manning will be a redshirt candidate and have a chance next year to compete for the starting spot with full Eligibility. Hate to see a year wasted buried on the bench.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Manning will be a redshirt candidate and have a chance next year to compete for the starting spot with full Eligibility. Hate to see a year wasted buried on the bench.
Dude, you see that vid of his throw over the stands?

Wow, I never realized he had that strong of an arm.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea pretty crazy.