• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats CU Fans

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see discussion that Luke McCaffrey was at the CU game yesterday on a recruiting visit.

This is great to hear! And again why this season has been so important not only for actually showing we belong in the top-10 but for building future years. What does make me excited for the future is the fact that most of these players were not highly recruited players. Just shows the incredible coaching that has happened here in Colorado. So now you start adding some higher recruited players to the mix and if Colorado plays this right could help them stay at or near the top of the Pac-12 for quite some time.

Great win tonight. I know some had complained that the Buffs hadn't really beaten anybody yet and have taken advantage of a down year in the Pac-12. So at least now adding a win against a top-25 team begins to legitimize this season just a bit more. Remember before the season started most predicted the Buffs to finish I think 11th in the Pac-12 this season. They were supposed to be the easy win on every other Pac-12's schedule. Yet here we are on the outside looking in at Colorado maybe getting into the college playoffs.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere out there.....Rashaan Salaam is smiling

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere out there.....Rashaan Salaam is smiling

I'm sure a lot of those 90's Buffs teams are smiling right now. Just having listened to some of them on the radio they have been waiting for this type of season for quite some time. Nothing like watching your college program you helped build up to see it struggle so much for so long. I'm sure for many of them to have their college talked about among the best in the nation once again is huge.

Also just nice to see the state of Colorado have another team to cheer for beyond just the Broncos at least when it comes to seeing success. Been a down time in Denver for quite a while with the Nuggets, Avalanche, and Rockies all struggling for quite a while.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure a lot of those 90's Buffs teams are smiling right now. Just having listened to some of them on the radio they have been waiting for this type of season for quite some time. Nothing like watching your college program you helped build up to see it struggle so much for so long. I'm sure for many of them to have their college talked about among the best in the nation once again is huge.

Also just nice to see the state of Colorado have another team to cheer for beyond just the Broncos at least when it comes to seeing success. Been a down time in Denver for quite a while with the Nuggets, Avalanche, and Rockies all struggling for quite a while.

This is so true. Colorado is really under-rated as a sports state. The Broncos are far and away kings of Colorado Sports and that's only emphasized by recent success paired with the struggles of all the other major sports. It's awesome to see another major Colorado sports draw: the state's largest university, doing so well right now.

On top of that, Air Force and Colorado State are also both having solid seasons. Air Force is 8-3 and Colorado State is 6-5 so look for the State of Colorado to be well-represented in bowl season this year!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado is gonna lose a lot this year- They need a big recruiting year if they want to stay in the swing of things.
Right now they're looking at a top 20 recruiting class, which would be by far their best class in years. Probably their best class since Hawkins had a top 20 class when he landed Darrell Scott (let's just hope this recruiting class pans out better than that one did).

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see discussion that Luke McCaffrey was at the CU game yesterday on a recruiting visit.
They need to put the full court press on Luke, make sure at least one those McCaffrey boys stays in state.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now they're looking at a top 20 recruiting class, which would be by far their best class in years. Probably their best class since Hawkins had a top 20 class when he landed Darrell Scott (let's just hope this recruiting class pans out better than that one did).

Ranks up there with Bryce Brown and Marlon Lucky as the biggest recruit busts in history. I'd say Scott gets the edge over Lucky thought. At least Lucky had some moments and Brown at least played in the NFL, but Darrell Scott couldn't beat out Rodney Stewart or Mike Ford at South Florida.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to put the full court press on Luke, make sure at least one those McCaffrey boys stays in state.

That and Ed and his wife need to use birth control! ;)

What a sports family.... I don't know if anyone remembers but me as I have an insane sports memory, but Ed's brother, Billy McCaffrey was also a stand out basketball star at Vanderbilt.

His kids thus far have gone to Duke, Stanford, Michigan.... Too bad Yale or Harvard don't have a D1 football team. ;)

Talk about brains and athletic ability in that family.

I also like how each one is sorta picking their own college instead of following each other like so many brothers in sports do.

Christian followed dad, sure, but they are all doing their own thing getting their own fit.

Kinda like when I was upset that Sammy Watkins didn't follow his brother Jaylen Watkins to Florida, but I totally got it. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the chances that it does. Hawkins' still baffles me as he looked like such a good hire. I really do think his son playing for him was a terrible mistake. Which hey can't say much since our current coach has his son playing for him but it isn't the QB position that is so critical to winning. It wasn't all his son though as there were plenty of other issues.

Right now though I just trust this coaching staff so much more. They have built this program back up the right way and just have done so much in really coaching up some great talent that wasn't exactly top talent coming out of high school.

Also love from this recruiting class that it looks like they really focused on the OL. Let some of these guys grow for a couple of years and continue to have that run game dominate.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish more kids from the south would visit Boulder, I think they'd like it a lot more then they would ever know.

When I chat with college players about the draft, most of them are happy to go anywhere, but it seems a lot always cringe a smidge on Denver because they get the impression it is so god awful cold there... Not saying they don't want to play there, but the idea of cold bothers them a bit which tells you if a kid down south is picking his own college, Colorado is most likely off the radar... Colorado needs to look at teams like Wisconsin, Iowa and build their programs... The recruits will start coming. Need to latch on to those 3 star guys that may not have as good of an opportunity at the southern SEC schools and turn them into NFL players.

As I type this the stud ad keeps popping up on my computer and somehow half of what I wrote got deleted.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish more kids from the south would visit Boulder, I think they'd like it a lot more then they would ever know.

When I chat with college players about the draft, most of them are happy to go anywhere, but it seems a lot always cringe a smidge on Denver because they get the impression it is so god awful cold there... Not saying they don't want to play there, but the idea of cold bothers them a bit which tells you if a kid down south is picking his own college, Colorado is most likely off the radar... Colorado needs to look at teams like Wisconsin, Iowa and build their programs... The recruits will start coming. Need to latch on to those 3 star guys that may not have as good of an opportunity at the southern SEC schools and turn them into NFL players.

As I type this the stud ad keeps popping up on my computer and somehow half of what I wrote got deleted.

Yeah it does that every once in a while. I try to keep scrolled up enough where the ad doesn't show and it seems to help some. Right now it does seem they have a pretty clear recruiting area. They focus on Colorado, Texas, and California. Yeah I wish they would expand a bit more. Really if you think about it Colorado has a clear advantage in that there really are no close big schools. They could cover a big chunk of the midwest/west area. And I do agree that Colorado gets a bad rap for being a very cold area. Honestly I would bet it is colder where I am in Kansas on average during the winter than it is in the Boulder area. I mean they have sunshine something like over 300 days a year. I would say there are probably more days that are closer to 55 in the winter than 25. Plus once you actually live near the mountains there really is so much you can go do. I really miss being just an hour away from mountains up in Washington. My wife and I would go almost every weekend to go hiking somewhere new.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the chances that it does. Hawkins' still baffles me as he looked like such a good hire. I really do think his son playing for him was a terrible mistake. Which hey can't say much since our current coach has his son playing for him but it isn't the QB position that is so critical to winning. It wasn't all his son though as there were plenty of other issues.

Right now though I just trust this coaching staff so much more. They have built this program back up the right way and just have done so much in really coaching up some great talent that wasn't exactly top talent coming out of high school.

Also love from this recruiting class that it looks like they really focused on the OL. Let some of these guys grow for a couple of years and continue to have that run game dominate.
There were a lot of problems with Dan Hawkins, but I think having Cody there was definitely one of the biggest. I think no decent qb prospect was willing to consider coming here because they didn't think they'd get a fair shot at starting with the coach's son on the roster. Jay Mac is a little different since he's a receiver, and even if he was to receive favoritism, it's not like he's the only receiver playing at a time, like it is with qb.

Still through all of it, I have a lot of respect for Cody Hawkins. With his dad getting fired and bouncing back and forth between starting and the bench, he handled all of it with class and maturity, and if I recall correctly, even led Colorado to a couple of wins after his dad was fired. Dan Hawkins may not have panned out as a coach, but I'd say he did an exemplary job raising his son.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 30 for 30 The Gospel According to Mac, about Bill McCartney, he specifically talked about how he went out and recruited the same kids that Nebraska and Oklahoma were recruiting. He said that if he could get them to Boulder, there was no way they'd go to Lincoln or Norman.

That to me is a smart approach. Go after the same kids that the big time schools are after. Maybe you won't get some kids who want to go to Alabama or USC because they are afraid of the cold, but if you can start winning there's no reason you can't get kids that consider Michigan, or Ohio State, or Wisconsin, to consider Colorado, too. And this season should be such a boon to recruiting. Not only has CU gotten tons of exposure, but now MacIntyre can sell these kids on what he did with all these 2 and 3 star recruits, and his coaching put some of them in the NFL, so imagine what he can do with 4 and 5 star recruits.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of problems with Dan Hawkins, but I think having Cody there was definitely one of the biggest. I think no decent qb prospect was willing to consider coming here because they didn't think they'd get a fair shot at starting with the coach's son on the roster. Jay Mac is a little different since he's a receiver, and even if he was to receive favoritism, it's not like he's the only receiver playing at a time, like it is with qb.

Still through all of it, I have a lot of respect for Cody Hawkins. With his dad getting fired and bouncing back and forth between starting and the bench, he handled all of it with class and maturity, and if I recall correctly, even led Colorado to a couple of wins after his dad was fired. Dan Hawkins may not have panned out as a coach, but I'd say he did an exemplary job raising his son.

Yeah good point on no QB wanting to come to Colorado because of his son. This is again why I think it might be best for a son to go elsewhere. Either your dad will be extremely hard on you trying not to show favoritism or even if he isn't showing favoritism could come across like that to other players. Plus I can't imagine other players being able to build the type of friendship with him that he could get elsewhere. I mean wouldn't you be worried that he might go tell his dad everything that is being said especially when they were losing like they were?

He definitely handled it all with class and will always appreciate that.

I will add though that Hawkins was at quite the disadvantage on some things when it came to recruiting. From what I understand the Buffs facilities were so out of date that it was almost embarrassing to take a recruit to the facilities. Thankfully they updated right before the 2015 season and hey look we have one of our best recruiting classes in a very long time. You combine winning with top notch coaching and facilities and it makes those visits so much easier to get a player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 30 for 30 The Gospel According to Mac, about Bill McCartney, he specifically talked about how he went out and recruited the same kids that Nebraska and Oklahoma were recruiting. He said that if he could get them to Boulder, there was no way they'd go to Lincoln or Norman.

That to me is a smart approach. Go after the same kids that the big time schools are after. Maybe you won't get some kids who want to go to Alabama or USC because they are afraid of the cold, but if you can start winning there's no reason you can't get kids that consider Michigan, or Ohio State, or Wisconsin, to consider Colorado, too. And this season should be such a boon to recruiting. Not only has CU gotten tons of exposure, but now MacIntyre can sell these kids on what he did with all these 2 and 3 star recruits, and his coaching put some of them in the NFL, so imagine what he can do with 4 and 5 star recruits.

This is why to me next season will be such an important moment for this football team. They will be losing a ton of starters to the NFL or graduation. If they can continue to have success showing that it wasn't just one group but that they continue to produce high quality players year in and year out they can start stacking top notch recruiting classes on top of each other.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why to me next season will be such an important moment for this football team. They will be losing a ton of starters to the NFL or graduation. If they can continue to have success showing that it wasn't just one group but that they continue to produce high quality players year in and year out they can start stacking top notch recruiting classes on top of each other.

I agree with this. I think its next to impossible not to see a little slip next year though due to losing alot of experience. I think if we just stay bowl eligible in next 2 seasons 18-19 we'll be stronger for future. The facility upgrades will help going forward.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. I think its next to impossible not to see a little slip next year though due to losing alot of experience. I think if we just stay bowl eligible in next 2 seasons 18-19 we'll be stronger for future. The facility upgrades will help going forward.

Oh I agree to expect them to be this good or better next year is asking a lot. Both sides of the ball are losing a lot. They are helped by Montez getting some starting experience and an OL that should return 4 starters. I haven't heard in Lindsey plans on leaving yet or not after his great season. Even if Lindsey leaves though I am kind of excited for this Beau Bisharat kid. Tons of colleges interested in him and I think they could still go win a lot of games by just powering the ball down the field keeping the defense of the field.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree to expect them to be this good or better next year is asking a lot. Both sides of the ball are losing a lot. They are helped by Montez getting some starting experience and an OL that should return 4 starters. I haven't heard in Lindsey plans on leaving yet or not after his great season. Even if Lindsey leaves though I am kind of excited for this Beau Bisharat kid. Tons of colleges interested in him and I think they could still go win a lot of games by just powering the ball down the field keeping the defense of the field.
I'm pretty excited about Montez. Although he's not as good as Sefo right now, I think he has a higher ceiling than Sefo has.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty excited about Montez. Although he's not as good as Sefo right now, I think he has a higher ceiling than Sefo has.

Yeah he had his struggles at times but like I said that experience of getting some starts and then getting to watch a bit I think will really help him leading into next year. I also think he will have a better OL than what Sefo is getting right now. Something to keep in mind is that 2 of the starters on the OL are just RS Freshmen. So they should show some improvement for next year. Right now it looks like we will only be losing the starting Center Kelley. I really do hope that Lindsay stays another year as I think it could benefit both him and Colorado. Put a couple of good years on film and NFL teams are a little more willing to take a chance on them.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there will be as much slippage as it appears. You are starting to see Nate Fisher and Isiah Oliver show up and making plays in the Dbackfield to take over from the seniors there - also Derek McCartney will likely be back with a medical year he was the best rush linebacker entering the season. Also Evan White - suspended this year is expected back as a top Safety. Addison Gilliam will have another year of eligibility and there are a slew of guys brought in the last couple of years for the line backing corps. Montez will there at QB - I understand Sam Noyer looks very good in reserve and there is a top QB recruit. The Oline looks steady - with Lynott moving to Center and some top notch guys returning and been redshirted.

Bisharat - will likely move to Linebacker - and I think Ento - now a WR will move to Safety.

Replacing Tupou and Samson Kofuvalu. - Jackson and Carroll on the Dline looks the most daunting. There are some reserves who have some playing time this year, but I expect the Buffs will want for JC guys to come in here right away and possible a top recruit or two like Rodgers out of Las Vegas.

The Buffs do have a pipeline to Florida and Georgia through Levitt and have recruited guys from there in the last year or two.