• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Semifinals: Boston Celtics (2) vs Philadelphia 76ers (3)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also likely could’ve traded Ben Simmons for kawhi and had buckets and kawhi and embiid
There are likely about 5/6 Ben Simmons scenarios you can play. How about what if they take Brandon Ingram and let him grow beside Embiid instead of Simmons? You pointed out Kawhi trade. The guy you responded to pointed out choosing Buckets over Simmons and shopping him summer of 2019. I’ll also add different trade scenarios that weren’t Harden. My favorite was Halliburton and Harrison Barnes. Another scenario would have been Simmons for McCollum. I think McCollum would have been a better deal because you keep your pick you sent to the Nets and you don’t have to send Curry or Drummond. Harden/McCollum is likely a dead heat player wise but McCollum would have cost less. Morey only had eyes for Harden though.

Regardless, my big moment still comes down to the Jimmy Butler decision. That decision alone goes the other way and I think the Sixers already have a ring. Embiid exploded in 2021 the season after the bubble. He and Butler would have been ridiculous in the playoffs.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just glad they got something for Simmons, but yes, of course in hindsight you wish they had traded him after his rookie season for a king's ransom.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are likely about 5/6 Ben Simmons scenarios you can play. How about what if they take Brandon Ingram and let him grow beside Embiid instead of Simmons? You pointed out Kawhi trade. The guy you responded to pointed out choosing Buckets over Simmons and shopping him summer of 2019. I’ll also add different trade scenarios that weren’t Harden. My favorite was Halliburton and Harrison Barnes. Another scenario would have been Simmons for McCollum. I think McCollum would have been a better deal because you keep your pick you sent to the Nets and you don’t have to send Curry or Drummond. Harden/McCollum is likely a dead heat player wise but McCollum would have cost less. Morey only had eyes for Harden though.

Regardless, my big moment still comes down to the Jimmy Butler decision. That decision alone goes the other way and I think the Sixers already have a ring. Embiid exploded in 2021 the season after the bubble. He and Butler would have been ridiculous in the playoffs.

Your other sixers fans laughed at kings trades

Even fox and barnes (I think you were even getting Mitchell, which would’ve been another flippable deal…) would’ve turned out nicely

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your other sixers fans laughed at kings trades

Even fox and barnes (I think you were even getting Mitchell, which would’ve been another flippable deal…) would’ve turned out nicely
I’m just using hindsight to conclude that the Kings really did trade Halliburton. The word I recall at the time was that Fox was untouchable in a Simmons trade. In the end, it was Halliburton and not Fox that went out. If you recall, I was all about Halliburton and Barnes. However, that was after I accepted the fact that Dame Lillard wasn’t going to happen. Lillard was my white whale. I don’t think they would have interest now in Maxey and Harris expiring. At the same time, Morey should make that effort because Dame is the kind of playoff and big game support Embiid needs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to put down Twitter. My fanbase is fucking embarrassing. Bunch of quitting pussies. I’m still in front of my TV tomorrow afternoon at 3:30 believing and screaming my head off convinced the Sixers have a chance to dial into something and take the next three. Am I delusional? Probably. But there’s a whole off season for crying in beer and playing Woe is Me!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just using hindsight to conclude that the Kings really did trade Halliburton. The word I recall at the time was that Fox was untouchable in a Simmons trade. In the end, it was Halliburton and not Fox that went out. If you recall, I was all about Halliburton and Barnes. However, that was after I accepted the fact that Dame Lillard wasn’t going to happen. Lillard was my white whale. I don’t think they would have interest now in Maxey and Harris expiring. At the same time, Morey should make that effort because Dame is the kind of playoff and big game support Embiid needs.

I don’t think you have the picks to make a dame trade

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think you have the picks to make a dame trade
Agreed. Portland will likely have better on the table. The only possibility is that Portland seems like they’re willing to do right by Dame and if Dame were to say Philly is the spot, the Sixers can still go Maxey, Harris expiring cap space they will get and maybe a pick or two. Portland can definitely do better. But Dame saying Philly is my spot and Portland valuing that is the only chance. I don’t even know that Dame would do that in the end. Harden possibly back could scare him off.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta laugh to keep from crying.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Portland will likely have better on the table. The only possibility is that Portland seems like they’re willing to do right by Dame and if Dame were to say Philly is the spot, the Sixers can still go Maxey, Harris expiring cap space they will get and maybe a pick or two. Portland can definitely do better. But Dame saying Philly is my spot and Portland valuing that is the only chance. I don’t even know that Dame would do that in the end. Harden possibly back could scare him off.
Entirely possible they do that for him.

Although they’re the rare team that maxey isn’t ideal for since they’d just slide Simon’s over dame’s spot imo

But you take the asset and figure it out

As for harden, how many stars have still wanted to play with him despite the issues?

Stars wanna play with other stars.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta laugh to keep from crying.

Someone should tell him it’s time to give up

As a guy in fantasy football group chat said aboht him in last years elimination game:

“Harden is playing this game with the enthusiasm of taking out the garbage on a Thursday night…”

Hopefully he just reverts back to that for 2 more games

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN was basically saying he's kinda losing it athletically...

Time is basically undefeated

It would’ve eventually stopped bonds, Clemens and Ortiz…even if later than usual

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which I accept. He’s been around too long and has demonstrated a great offensive IQ. Dude really has been great like that. There’s no excuse for that not to show up and he’s been a rotten QB of the offense the last two games. Seems like dialing into Houston Harden for Game 1 just broke his ability to facilitate and make others better that had him leading the league in assists. It’s just frustrating because I know Harden and Maxey are better than what they’ve shown. Some guys just aren’t built for playoffs.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had to look it up, dude was a way better athlete than i expected

His combine results are pretty absurd

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which I accept. He’s been around too long and has demonstrated a great offensive IQ. Dude really has been great like that. There’s no excuse for that not to show up and he’s been a rotten QB of the offense the last two games. Seems like dialing into Houston Harden for Game 1 just broke his ability to facilitate and make others better that had him leading the league in assists. It’s just frustrating because I know Harden and Maxey are better than what they’ve shown. Some guys just aren’t built for playoffs.

Harden is not a pg

I don’t care what anyone says on that

Maxey should be running the offense

Harden can still be the guy without qbing the offense

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should tell him it’s time to give up

As a guy in fantasy football group chat said aboht him in last years elimination game:

“Harden is playing this game with the enthusiasm of taking out the garbage on a Thursday night…”

Hopefully he just reverts back to that for 2 more games
Dude needs some serious soul searching in the next 24 hours. This is likely his last chance to write a legacy. If he goes out with a whimper and without effort it’s not even about questioning him as a basketball player anymore but questioning who he is as a man and what kind of pride does he possess. He just looked completely lost last two games.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude needs some serious soul searching in the next 24 hours. This is likely his last chance to write a legacy. If he goes out with a whimper and without effort it’s not even about questioning him as a basketball player anymore but questioning who he is as a man and what kind of pride does he possess. He just looked completely lost last two games.

Which is weird cause he had all the momentum.

Like game 2, ok just a bad game.

It got contagious

It Happens to everyone

People forget kobe was awful in game 7 because the Celtics offense was equally awful

But game 3? Wtf

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. Let me fill you in a bit. The Celtics color scheme relies heavily upon the color Green. They play in an arena known as the Boston Garden. Southie is an area of South Boston that is widely considered to be the armpit of America. The Celtics two best players are Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown. That’s enough to get you caught up for now.

The green seats on this bandwagon are comfy as hell.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. Let me fill you in a bit. The Celtics color scheme relies heavily upon the color Green. They play in an arena known as the Boston Garden. Southie is an area of South Boston that is widely considered to be the armpit of America. The Celtics two best players are Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown. That’s enough to get you caught up for now.

Whoa.

New Jersey is the arm pit of America

That is one hill I will take many bullets to die on