• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Semifinals: Boston Celtics (2) vs Philadelphia 76ers (3)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so tired of the Sixers losing in the second round. Tired of Embiid always getting hurt around this time in the postseason. Tired of the supporting cast always being exposed and coming up small. Tired of it all.

It's time to make major changes for sure, including a new coach. But as much as I have hated Doc Rivers--and his management of young players such as B Ball Paul has been horrific--he's not to blame this time. Morey has to take a hard look in the mirror and realize "Rockets East" is a failure in the playoffs.

As much as Embiid's injuries and conditioning issues bother me, you have to admit he has never had a real dependable #2 playoff scorer the entire time he has been in his prime! Harden once again is showing he is not that guy. He's a nice regular season talent who lacks the dog in him to win when people get serious. If you could put PJ Tucker's heart in Harden's body that would be amazing though.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Twitter sucks. In his full game comments, he is quick to mention himself stating that he has to be better. Additionally, this was in response to a question that was an attempt to have him throw Doc under the bus. It was something like “when you have a bad night like tonight is it on the players or the coach.” Meanwhile, you know how NBA Twitter works. The narrative is going to be that Embiid is throwing his teammates under the bus.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Embiid's overall message was more like, "this is not time to panic, we need to go out and tie this up next game," etc. But some in the media will run with that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so tired of the Sixers losing in the second round. Tired of Embiid always getting hurt around this time in the postseason. Tired of the supporting cast always being exposed and coming up small. Tired of it all.

It's time to make major changes for sure, including a new coach. But as much as I have hated Doc Rivers--and his management of young players such as B Ball Paul has been horrific--he's not to blame this time. Morey has to take a hard look in the mirror and realize "Rockets East" is a failure in the playoffs.

As much as Embiid's injuries and conditioning issues bother me, you have to admit he has never hard a real dependable #2 playoff scorer the entire time he has been in his prime! Harden once again is showing he is not that guy. He's a nice regular season talent who lacks the dog in him to win when people get serious. If you could put PJ Tucker's heart in Harden's body that would be amazing though.
Harden was Morey’s White Whale. He was involved when the Houston Brooklyn trade went down. He stuck with it and through the Simmons ordeal only had eyes for James Harden. Morey is the one in the organization that is most responsible for betting on Harden. Harden still has time to rewrite this legacy. They’re only down 2-1 but I know where you’re coming from in the context of Sixers past. Let’s face it. The Celtics just have a better team. C is the only position where the Sixers are better. In order for the Sixers to win 3 of the next 4 they have to out work, out energy, and out tough the Celtics because the Celtics out talent them every time they hit the floor. 5-2 edge for the Celtics in the head to head this year regular season and playoffs reveals that.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morey and Harden both tried to dick ride Embiid to rewrite their legacies basically.

Harden did deliver in the regular season. He led the league in assists. He's...just not that guy in the playoffs, and never will be.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden was Morey’s White Whale. He was involved when the Houston Brooklyn trade went down. He stuck with it and through the Simmons ordeal only had eyes for James Harden. Morey is the one in the organization that is most responsible for betting on Harden. Harden still has time to rewrite this legacy. They’re only down 2-1 but I know where you’re coming from in the context of Sixers past. Let’s face it. The Celtics just have a better team. C is the only position where the Sixers are better. In order for the Sixers to win 3 of the next 4 they have to out work, out energy, and out tough the Celtics because the Celtics out talent them every time they hit the floor. 5-2 edge for the Celtics in the head to head this year regular season and playoffs reveals that.

Yeah he definitely tampered with harden to make that deal go down

And it made sense

Harden is what the team needed

I thought Melton was a master stroke move

But losing Danny green didn’t help. He’s what you need next to those 2 stars

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that talk about going at embiid’s knees and he ends up curb stomping William so bad it made seth Rollins blush

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one exception to my note about Embiid never having a real dog #2 option of course is Jimmy Buckets. And they didn't keep him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that talk about going at embiid’s knees and he ends up curb stomping William so bad it made seth Rollins blush

Meh, that talk was from the usual Philly morons. Neither play was dirty.

Embiid is a 280 pound (probably more like 300) guy who moves at the speed of a guard. When he hits the floor, or other people, it's violent.

Smart isn't dirty, he is just scrappy. If he was wearing Philly colors we would all love him, trust me.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one exception to my note about Embiid never having a real dog #2 option of course is Jimmy Buckets. And they didn't keep him.

They also likely could’ve traded Ben Simmons for kawhi and had buckets and kawhi and embiid

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morey and Harden both tried to dick ride Embiid to rewrite their legacies basically.

Harden did deliver in the regular season. He led the league in assists. He's...just not that guy in the playoffs, and never will be.
Playoffs are a different animal. In the regular season when you don’t see it much, it’s a bear to deal with Embiid at the nail and Embiid/Harden pick and pop. The Celtics are all over that shit. If James Harden has anything, it should be a world class basketball IQ on offense and how to get offense. Maybe even worse than his shooting has been the way he Quarterbacked the offense in Games 2 and 3. The ball didn’t move. Harden pounded the ball for most of the shot clock. Harden has made poor decisions. I don’t care if he’s older or lost a step those are things he should be able to do better than most. He’s been horrible.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what comes back. He doesn’t play make yet and he struggles to defend his position. If you can get a Beal or a PG13 to play around Embiid for the rest of this shortening window you do it. It’s not about Maxey. It’s about what you need around Embiid. You need two way players that can space the floor.

I will respectfully disagree
I need a better offer for Maxey
Certainly not Beal or “street clothes” PG13

Right now for me the only untouchable players on the Sixers are Embiid and Maxey
The others can walk
I’m fine with keeping Reed
I’m fine with Melton
But hopefully this off season is the off season the Sixers are finally rid of Tobias
And the way Harden disappeared these last 2 games I’ll drive him to the strip club and even give him a fistful of dollars

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he definitely tampered with harden to make that deal go down

And it made sense

Harden is what the team needed

I thought Melton was a master stroke move

But losing Danny green didn’t help. He’s what you need next to those 2 stars
I agree on the idea of Danny Green. However, Danny Green isn’t THAT Danny Green anymore. I don’t know where the tampering claim comes in. Are you saying that there was an elaborate 3 year plan for Harden to get out of Houston and Brooklyn because Morey was tampering? That’s a weird take.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This

I would love to have a player like Smart or Draymond Green on the Sixers
Both things can be true. Smart can be both a scrappy winner and a dirty player. Both apply.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will respectfully disagree
I need a better offer for Maxey
Certainly not Beal or “street clothes” PG13

Right now for me the only untouchable players on the Sixers are Embiid and Maxey
The others can walk
I’m fine with keeping Reed
I’m fine with Melton
But hopefully this off season is the off season the Sixers are finally rid of Tobias
And the way Harden disappeared these last 2 games I’ll drive him to the strip club and even give him a fistful of dollars
Maxey is about to be a $40 million dollar a year player. The only way you’re packaging Tobias Harris for anything of value is if you send out Maxey as well. Who do you think on this team has value in a trade?!?!? It’s Maxey. If you want to change up this group and take another swing at the Embiid window then you have to trade Maxey. Are the Celtics going anywhere? Because Maxey can’t play against the Celtics. He had one productive game vs them in his entire career in Game 1 and he shot 10-23 to get his 26. That ain’t great as your high water mark game.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what comes back. He doesn’t play make yet and he struggles to defend his position. If you can get a Beal or a PG13 to play around Embiid for the rest of this shortening window you do it. It’s not about Maxey. It’s about what you need around Embiid. You need two way players that can space the floor.

Washington should do that

I think the clippers can get a better deal from the Knicks…unless they go for kawhi instead

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington should do that

I think the clippers can get a better deal from the Knicks…unless they go for kawhi instead
If they can swing that deal and a sign and trade for Harden that brings back role players I think they’re a better team. Embiid needs to have 3-4 two way players that can be slightly above league average for 3 around him.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also likely could’ve traded Ben Simmons for kawhi and had buckets and kawhi and embiid
If they could go back to 2017

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston in 5 but I sure like Imbiid as a player
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce