• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commish,"It wouldn't be appropiate for the NFL to pay for a video"

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: we don't want to know the truth if we can avoid it

I don't think that's the case. Because then in the cases where there isn't any video possibly existing, they wouldn't do anything. And we can see with a case like Elliott, they do.

I like the idea of using a sourced PI, but I think that would fall back on the NFL just as bad when things were missed. Them choosing the wrong PI group because they missed X and Y. And it won't matter the company taking that on, they will miss some.

I really think they should put the responsibility back on the police. In this case file a request with the police, and when they say no to sharing the info, put in the public report that the police have fully investigated the matter, had access to all the information and evidence and have informed the NFL that nothing illegal occurred (technically true). It should be on the police to determine if laws were broken. That's the real issue if you ask me. The NFL is good at putting on football games. Not playing police.

NFL should be investigating the BS stuff. Improper tweeting. fighting in the locker room. bounties. contact in summer workouts, etc. But unfortunately they have to play police with real crimes and none of the power to gain information that the police have.

And I'll be honest. If the NFL wanted to do it's job the best, they should hammer down every time it's possible the incident was recorded. Because that's what most people react to. Brandon Marshall was so so so much worse than any of these guys since. Ray Rice can't hold a candle to him. But we got to see what an NFL player hitting a woman actually looks like there, and he bore the brunt of the backlash for it.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was it illegally obtained? They paid for it. Why is that illegal?

If it is somehow, it shouldn't be.

Transparency is not a bad thing.

Let's say that the security footage was stolen and sold to TMZ, that could be illegal. If the hotel chain got paid for the tape then I don't see how it could be illegal.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is why you pay an independent investigator to do the dirty work and you handle business behind close doors so you avoid bad p.r. like any other corporate company.

Can anyone explain to me why TMZ would not have to turn over, for free, ANY video proof of a crime to the cops?

Or did the cops have this and sit on it?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's the case. Because then in the cases where there isn't any video possibly existing, they wouldn't do anything. And we can see with a case like Elliott, they do.

I like the idea of using a sourced PI, but I think that would fall back on the NFL just as bad when things were missed. Them choosing the wrong PI group because they missed X and Y. And it won't matter the company taking that on, they will miss some.

I really think they should put the responsibility back on the police. In this case file a request with the police, and when they say no to sharing the info, put in the public report that the police have fully investigated the matter, had access to all the information and evidence and have informed the NFL that nothing illegal occurred (technically true). It should be on the police to determine if laws were broken. That's the real issue if you ask me. The NFL is good at putting on football games. Not playing police.

NFL should be investigating the BS stuff. Improper tweeting. fighting in the locker room. bounties. contact in summer workouts, etc. But unfortunately they have to play police with real crimes and none of the power to gain information that the police have.

And I'll be honest. If the NFL wanted to do it's job the best, they should hammer down every time it's possible the incident was recorded. Because that's what most people react to. Brandon Marshall was so so so much worse than any of these guys since. Ray Rice can't hold a candle to him. But we got to see what an NFL player hitting a woman actually looks like there, and he bore the brunt of the backlash for it.

Or, just quit hiring bad actors, Elliott included. Especially if you know it going in. Which I'm sure in most cases they do.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't illegally obtained only apply to cops?
No.

I'd bet someone who did have access (victim, hotel employee) shopped it around, however. There's not much benefit for the NFL to buy it, and her(him?) selling it to the NFL also carries risk that they leak it, and she (or he) is out money. Really, we don't have a clue how this got out besides "tooth fairy." Considering it was TMZ and not OTL or the NFL...

Last edited:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't illegally obtained only apply to cops?

For a private investigator license, from what I've heard the majority of the test is what you can/can't do. So I think it would still be an issue if a PI obtained confidential information from a company without the companies consent.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell went on to say: "unless it's about Tom Brady"

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about creating a Separate committee who sole purpose is to investigate these claims

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is why you pay an independent investigator to do the dirty work and you handle business behind close doors so you avoid bad p.r. like any other corporate company.
Right. But the NFL is a very principled Mom & Pop organization that doesn't employ private security, ex-FBI, or engage in off the field surveillance activities.
yeahrightsure.gif

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL. We won't pay for evidence, but we will sue for it. Depends on the player and or team involved.