• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure his personality will mesh with college kids ... he had enemies in Washington.

In the end I was disappointed in his year here. Way too much passing. Maybe he can make it work in college.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an email sent to ESPN, former Commanders OC Eric Bieniemy said of his departure, “I was not fired. I actually just chose not to stay.”
Bieniemy didn’t get into detail about what he was offered to do with the Commanders if he were to remain on staff, but the former offensive coordinator of the Commanders and Chiefs is now set to take his talents to the college game after accepting a job as UCLA’s associate head coach/offensive coordinator. Bieniemy also noted that he “had countless conversations and interviews with many teams” after he and the Commanders parted ways, which loosely confirms earlier reports from Adam Schefter, who said earlier this month that “a few teams” interview Bieniemy for their offensive coordinator vacancies. Bieniemy has familiarity with the college game, and last served as Colorado’s offensive coordinator from 2011 to 2012. How long he remains with UCLA could be dependent whether or not the NFL comes calling next offseason.
Related

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure his personality will mesh with college kids ... he had enemies in Washington.

In the end I was disappointed in his year here. Way too much passing. Maybe he can make it work in college.
Something is still out of place and I think it is personality related.

Doesn't play well with others comes to mind.

The exit player interviews didn't paint a good picture of him. The chiefs seemed to carry on fine without him.

I disagree with Stephen a smith's theory that racism is at play. Mike Tomlin, Raheem morris and Antonio pierce all passed on EB as did Quinn. I personally don't think it has to do with race, but I could be wrong.

Seems like he is not a players type of coach. I think you are spot on that college kids will not gel with his philosophy and approach. College football is more and more about relationships and personality. To me, those are not EBs strengths.

At the end of the day, something is up with EB.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is still out of place and I think it is personality related.

Doesn't play well with others comes to mind.

The exit player interviews didn't paint a good picture of him. The chiefs seemed to carry on fine without him.

I disagree with Stephen a smith's theory that racism is at play. Mike Tomlin Raheem morris and Antonio pierce all passed on EB as did Quinn. I personally don't think it has to do with race, but I could be wrong.

Seems like he is not a players type of coach. I think you are spot on that college kids will not gel with his philosophy and approach. College football is more and more about relationships and personality. To me, those are not EBs strengths.

At the end of the day, something is up with EB.
could be he,s a prick who does,nt work well with others?we,ll never know exactly.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be he,s a prick who does,nt work well with others?we,ll never know exactly.
I understand that, but Stephen a smith and the undefeated and implying racism.

If it is racism, then it needs to be addressed and open discussions should be had.

If Stephen a smith and the sports media are trying to cause confusion and spread misinformation, then it's irresponsible and doing more harm than good.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it is racism, then it needs to be addressed and open discussions should be had.

If Stephen a smith and the sports media are trying to cause confusion and spread misinformation, then it's irresponsible and doing more harm than good.

my opinion on stephen a is he needs to take lots of laxatives he,s so full of shit.sounds more like an angry man daily.he,s trying for his next job on abc likely.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All the fool needs to do is answer the question as to why the then new GM for the bears, and former assistant gm of the chiefs, who is also black, and needed a HC and OC at the time never even interviewed EB.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The days of hard ass coaching are long past. I don't think it will work in college or in pro sports.

You can even apply that to the military., things that were common place 40-50 years ago are not tolerated anymore.

I don't think racism applies here. EB has had a lot of interviews without getting the job.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all due respect,when does failing badly at a job get you a similar job elsewhere?he failed badly in dc,even against shit teams like the giants twice.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The days of hard ass coaching are long past. I don't think it will work in college or in pro sports.

You can even apply that to the military., things that were common place 40-50 years ago are not tolerated anymore.

I don't think racism applies here. EB has had a lot of interviews without getting the job.
Bingo!

Agreed, racism is not the issue. It's a tactic by some of these pundits to cause division or to get clicks. It's not right to yell "fire" in a packed theater.

It's not right to claim racism as it detracts from the real battles against racism that need to be fought.

Again, why isn't Stephen a smith grilling Morris, Tomlin, and pierce and accusing them of complying with the racist who are locking out EB? He won't because he knows it's not true.

Agreed on coaching. The Bobby knights and Mike Ditkas of the world are gone at the college and pro level it seems.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the fool needs to do is answer the question as to why the then new GM for the bears, and former assistant gm of the chiefs, who is also black, and needed a HC and OC at the time never even interviewed EB.
It's always easier to make a claim and see if sticks then to actually investigate something to come to a rational conclusion.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo!

Agreed, racism is not the issue. It's a tactic by some of these pundits to cause division or to get clicks. It's not right to yell "fire" in a packed theater.

It's not right to claim racism as it detracts from the real battles against racism that need to be fought.

Again, why isn't Stephen a smith grilling Morris, Tomlin, and pierce and accusing them of complying with the racist who are locking out EB? He won't because he knows it's not true.

Agreed on coaching. The Bobby knights and Mike Ditkas of the world are gone at the college and pro level it seems.
A large majority of the African American community doesn't take Stephen A Smith seriously. He destroys AA athletes at every turn.

Called Kyrie an idiot for not getting the vaccine. Dana White goes upside his wife's head on camera....crickets. Farve scams people out of large amounts of money.....crickets. Jerry Jones blocks school doors to prevent integration......"that's my friend."

But let an AA athlete get caught with weed, or get a DUI....he does a whole segment. He's a puppet. Pay him no mind. You'll be better for it.

He goes in on Kingsbury and the like to cover up the bullshit he does to his own community 90% of the time.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A large majority of the African American community doesn't take Stephen A Smith seriously. He destroys AA athletes at every turn.

Called Kyrie an idiot for not getting the vaccine. Dana White goes upside his wife's head on camera....crickets. Farve scams people out of large amounts of money.....crickets. Jerry Jones blocks school doors to prevent integration......"that's my friend."

But let an AA athlete get caught with weed, or get a DUI....he does a whole segment. He's a puppet. Pay him no mind. You'll be better for it.

He goes in on Kingsbury and the like to cover up the bullshit he does to his own community 90% of the time.
I mean this and have thought it for a while.

You are wise beyond your years. Seriously...

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumours abound quinn is thinking of bringing gilmore from dallas to mentor forbes.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the article, but i saw his statement about black coaches getting lesser opportunities to coach again, compared to white coaches when the first stint didn't go well. That may be true, not sure.
What definitely seems wrong to even put in the air was somehow Eric ninja turtle looking boy B was discriminated against.
I've never seen Eric as a good head coach, or someone I'd run through a wall for. Some guys just don't have what it takes to be a head coach that connects with the team.
He seemed like a decent OC here, but one that was also stubborn, and that affected performances. I wish this guy well because he bombed here. And that's understandable with the roster on offense. But wow, Steven needs to chill, at least in this situation

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the article, but i saw his statement about black coaches getting lesser opportunities to coach again, compared to white coaches when the first stint didn't go well. That may be true, not sure.
What definitely seems wrong to even put in the air was somehow Eric ninja turtle looking boy B was discriminated against.
I've never seen Eric as a good head coach, or someone I'd run through a wall for. Some guys just don't have what it takes to be a head coach that connects with the team.
He seemed like a decent OC here, but one that was also stubborn, and that affected performances. I wish this guy well because he bombed here. And that's understandable with the roster on offense. But wow, Steven needs to chill, at least in this situation
players did,nt like him.that,s the key to a good coach.