• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders 1st TC thread

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure either but it is only one preseason game into the year. I anticipated Robinson splitting carries with Gibson this year. Maybe he gets used like a Swiss Army knife. He will still get touches. If nothing else it would be much better to have too many weapons this year than just a couple like we had last couple of years.
Yeah, I'm down with that. Using him as a Swiss Army knife probably keeps him healthy and on the field. I hope Ron is just trying to send a message and if that's all he's doing I'm good with it.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Gibson was drafted his college history was a guy that did a little of everything but not a lot of any one particular thing. I have been impressed with how well he took to be primarily a RB. I have visions of 3 wides and JD and Gibson. Go ahead a blitz, they can keep a back in, they can have two check down guys. Not something you would do on every play but it would be a cool set on an occasion.

There is a lot Scott do if Samuel stays healthy, Brown continues to develop and the TEs get healthy. They can come out in 10, 11, 12, 20, 21 or 22 personnel. I think they have the guys to do it. Probably not at the beginning with a new QB, new WR (really two new WRs) and new TEs but the possibilities are there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the negativity about Antonio Gibson cracks me up. He’s been in the NFL for two years, and has fumbled 7 times. In Alfred Morris first two seasons he fumbled 9 times, bet y’all weren’t calling for his head and for Roy Helu to start. In Clinton Portis’ first two seasons with us, he fumbled 8 times. Did you guys wanna bench him? In his first two full seasons with us, John Riggins, the great Diesel, arguably the best HB in our franchises great history fumbled 13, yes 13, times. So cut the dude some slack, everyone knows he fumbles, but don’t sit there and say he needs to be benched, he just needs to learn ball control.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the negativity about Antonio Gibson cracks me up. He’s been in the NFL for two years, and has fumbled 7 times. In Alfred Morris first two seasons he fumbled 9 times, bet y’all weren’t calling for his head and for Roy Helu to start. In Clinton Portis’ first two seasons with us, he fumbled 8 times. Did you guys wanna bench him? In his first two full seasons with us, John Riggins, the great Diesel, arguably the best HB in our franchises great history fumbled 13, yes 13, times. So cut the dude some slack, everyone knows he fumbles, but don’t sit there and say he needs to be benched, he just needs to learn ball control.
I think you need to clarify who "you" is. I don't actually think you mean me. I haven't been negative. Fumbling by anyone is an issue. Same with TOs by anyone. I will tell you who I was mean to was Graham Gano. That MFer missed a shit ton of big FGs against Dallas and I still haven't forgiven him. I don't care whether he is still in the league or not. :D

kbso and I were wondering about what Ron and staff are up to with Antonio. It seems odd to us. I do think like all positions the best guy should win but as I illustrated there are ways to use all of them and when I say all I mean Antonio, BRob and JD.

For a few years now we have been talking about our lack of weapons. I am excited to have three RBs. I am excited to have 4-6 WRs. BTW I like Milne's game last week. If we can get the D playing better this team has a chance to do some stuff.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP carried the rock 695 times in his first 2 years. Alf toted the rock 511 times in his first 2 seasons. Gibson had 428 carries his first 2 seasons. I think the extra workload (170 carries in year one to 258 carries in year 2) figured into Gibson's fumbling his 2nd year. Truth be told. I'm looking more at Skins coaching for Gibson's fumbling issues. In his 4 years of college Gibson carried the ball 76 times.....total. 76 carries in juco and NCAA ball to 428 carries in 2 years in the NFL in an extreme upgrade that I doubt the Skins coaching really prepared Gibson to handle. He scored 7 TDs on those 76 carries which isn't bad and imo showed he has a nose for the end zone, but........... In his college career he only caught a total of 94 passes, but scored 23 times including 44 receptions for 10 TDs at 18.95 yards per catch in his NCAA career. That's where the Skins are truly missing the boat with Gibson imo. Someone should've been working with Gibson from day 1 first n foremost on blitz recognition from the RB position. As well as designing pass plays where Gibson in the #1 read. I'd opine that Gibson is the Skins most electric player, but he's not getting the right opportunities.

I saw one interview where RR said far as the RB position. They were gonna go with the hot player. That kinda sounded to me that Gibson could very easily end up as the odd man out. Particularly as it was mentioned that Robinson while not having a lot of receptions in college. did have 35 catches his sr year and had some experience as a 3rd dn RB. If Robinson is the player some Skins fans hope he is. Gibson's gonna end up as the relief RB when Robinson needs a breather and won't see many chances on 3rd down with JD in the mix.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP carried the rock 695 times in his first 2 years. Alf toted the rock 511 times in his first 2 seasons. Gibson had 428 carries his first 2 seasons. I think the extra workload (170 carries in year one to 258 carries in year 2) figured into Gibson's fumbling his 2nd year. Truth be told. I'm looking more at Skins coaching for Gibson's fumbling issues. In his 4 years of college Gibson carried the ball 76 times.....total. 76 carries in juco and NCAA ball to 428 carries in 2 years in the NFL in an extreme upgrade that I doubt the Skins coaching really prepared Gibson to handle. He scored 7 TDs on those 76 carries which isn't bad and imo showed he has a nose for the end zone, but........... In his college career he only caught a total of 94 passes, but scored 23 times including 44 receptions for 10 TDs at 18.95 yards per catch in his NCAA career. That's where the Skins are truly missing the boat with Gibson imo. Someone should've been working with Gibson from day 1 first n foremost on blitz recognition from the RB position. As well as designing pass plays where Gibson in the #1 read. I'd opine that Gibson is the Skins most electric player, but he's not getting the right opportunities.

I saw one interview where RR said far as the RB position. They were gonna go with the hot player. That kinda sounded to me that Gibson could very easily end up as the odd man out. Particularly as it was mentioned that Robinson while not having a lot of receptions in college. did have 35 catches his sr year and had some experience as a 3rd dn RB. If Robinson is the player some Skins fans hope he is. Gibson's gonna end up as the relief RB when Robinson needs a breather and won't see many chances on 3rd down with JD in the mix.
breed, the stats you just presented were behind my "swiss army knife" comment. He did not do a lot of anything in college but what he did he was effective at. As I mentioned all the more reason to be impressed with what he did in his first two years in the NFL. I agree with comment about coaching. I am sure there are others but Tiki Barber comes to mind. He fumbled a lot early his career and with coaching got much better.

I don't care if they put Grandma Moses behind the QB is she can gain 5 yards or more. I like Gibson, I like JD and I liked BRob coming out. I think most of us have wanted not only good players but depth too.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to clarify who "you" is. I don't actually think you mean me. I haven't been negative. Fumbling by anyone is an issue. Same with TOs by anyone. I will tell you who I was mean to was Graham Gano. That MFer missed a shit ton of big FGs against Dallas and I still haven't forgiven him. I don't care whether he is still in the league or not. :D

kbso and I were wondering about what Ron and staff are up to with Antonio. It seems odd to us. I do think like all positions the best guy should win but as I illustrated there are ways to use all of them and when I say all I mean Antonio, BRob and JD.

For a few years now we have been talking about our lack of weapons. I am excited to have three RBs. I am excited to have 4-6 WRs. BTW I like Milne's game last week. If we can get the D playing better this team has a chance to do some stuff.
We're gonna get scored on. That's my main concern right now. Wentz has to be at least last year's Wentz, but im worried about the defense. I get it. Ron is feeling the pressure in year three and wants to send a message to the entire team that he will hold them accountable for their play. I just hope that's all this is and we don't see AG get pushed to the side this early.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I agree. AG showed he can't get the though short yardage, but I do not agree with taking him out of the offense and going strictly with Robinson and McKissic.

Not taking out of the offense completely but his carries should take a huge hit

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not taking out of the offense completely but his carries should take a huge hit
Maybe, but I want to see more before his carries take a "major" hit. Robinson certainly looks great though.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I want to see more before his carries take a "major" hit. Robinson certainly looks great though.

rumor is that Robinson can catch too. Sure its too early to tell but I am staying the hell away from Gibson in fantasy football. lol. I owned him the last 2 years. My prediction right now is Gibson will not lead the team in carries this year.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumor is that Robinson can catch too. Sure its too early to tell but I am staying the hell away from Gibson in fantasy football. lol. I owned him the last 2 years. My prediction right now is Gibson will not lead the team in carries this year.
Yeah, I went out to eat with a bunch of my buddies. One of them is a huge Cowboys fan and he said he's drafting Gibson early. I hate fantasy football and don't play, but I told him he might not want to do that. I said we got this kid Robinson who looks like the real deal.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I went out to eat with a bunch of my buddies. One of them is a huge Cowboys fan and he said he's drafting Gibson early. I hate fantasy football and don't play, but I told him he might not want to do that. I said we got this kid Robinson who looks like the real deal.

He is is for a big surprise. I drafted Gibson #9 overall last year. He might not go in the top 2.5 rounds this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The narrative has changed on AG . Now we got people predicting AG will lose carries. Well of course he will .
Teams are going away from bell cow rbs and are going with RB by committee’s
Face it our BU rbs weren’t cutting it hence we draft rob

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The narrative has changed on AG . Now we got people predicting AG will lose carries. Well of course he will .
Teams are going away from bell cow rbs and are going with RB by committee’s
Face it our BU rbs weren’t cutting it hence we draft rob
I thought McKissic was fine last year as a back up. I think AG fumbling and not being able to convert short yardage is why they drafted Robinson. Letting Barber go was a mistake last year.

Robinson didn't fumble one time in college. Might want to fact check that but that's what I heard. He's also built for short yardage. His strengths are AGs weaknesses. He was drafted because of AG, not because of who was behind him imo.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought McKissic was fine last year as a back up. I think AG fumbling and not being able to convert short yardage is why they drafted Robinson. Letting Barber go was a mistake last year.

Robinson didn't fumble one time in college. Might want to fact check that but that's what I heard. He's also built for short yardage. His strengths are AGs weaknesses. He was drafted because of AG, not because of who was behind him imo.

Exactly!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JD is a 3rd down back and that has been his role since he got here . he isnt the true BU

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD is a 3rd down back and that has been his role since he got here . he isnt the true BU
No he's not an every down back. I agree with you there.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Letting Barber go last year was a mistake in IMO. They didn't need him a lot but they missed a few first downs I think they would have got with Barber.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when AG got hurt year one the running game fell off a cliff , in year 2 with his fractured shins he still did well but when he was out the running game faltered , hence bringing robinson to help solve short yardage and give them a reliable bu who can be the everyday back if needed

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
breed, the stats you just presented were behind my "swiss army knife" comment. He did not do a lot of anything in college but what he did he was effective at. As I mentioned all the more reason to be impressed with what he did in his first two years in the NFL. I agree with comment about coaching. I am sure there are others but Tiki Barber comes to mind. He fumbled a lot early his career and with coaching got much better.

I don't care if they put Grandma Moses behind the QB is she can gain 5 yards or more. I like Gibson, I like JD and I liked BRob coming out. I think most of us have wanted not only good players but depth too.
Word on all you ssay though I'd opine 10 TDs on 44 rec and 23 TDs on 94 rec at around 19 yards a pop is better than effective. That's gettin it done. Now do I believe he'll hit those numbers as a pass catching RB? Nope, but I'd like to see AG on some actual routes being matched up with safeties n LBs. He'd eat the vast majority of those cats up imo. From a pass catching perspective I think AG could be right there with Kamara, Cmac n Cook. I'd like to see him get in the neighborhood of 80 to 85 receptions. I think he could produce 9-10 TDs at 9 maybe 10 yards a clip. But he's gotta be a viable option in the passing game not an afterthought or just a dump off guy. Give him 170-200 touches as a RB and he could be a 16-18 TDs in a season kinda player. I was gonna mention Barber as well. He had a stretch where he fumbled 9, 9, 8, 9 times. He started holding the ball high tight, almost like he was flexing n those numbers dropped to 5 n 1 then he retired.

I thinik the kid has a real nice skillset, but he's raw and needs to be coached up in some areas and it pisses me off that he hasn't been, You wanna draft inexperienced, raw kidss, with intriguing possibilities like Gibson n Jamin Davis. OK, cool. Don't take them completely out of their comfort zone playing them at positions they haven't played at or played much at. Jamin played in what? 30some college games starting 11 as an OLB and they wanna make him a MLB who's the defensive signal caller. Who does that? They finally seem to hit far as experiments go when they draft Gibson, Instead of trying to take advantage of what imo is his most electric asset. They wanna make him a 2 down workhorse RB., Fuck!