• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Wheat out of Winnipeg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can put this on the fans but this team has been not good for 80% of their existence in Winnipeg and the same guy has been in charge that entire time.

Considering the league is structured so that teams in Winnipeg’s situation has advantages they can use to both make money and entice good players to play in a crummy market and they still can’t make any inroads in the playoffs then double down incessantly on the current roster I’m not blaming the fans entirely.

That said, this team could easily relocate again. Canada is a tough market as it is, with the loonie in the gutter probably long-term it isn’t going to get any easier.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the fans are starting to mail it in as well...

this ones getting alot of attention but last night there were only 10378 in San Jose and 12598 in Buffalo. Shouldn't mention Phillys bad attendance last night since it was an early start time and there was Phillies baseball going on and Mexico/Germany soccer friendly but I saw Gritty rappelling from the rafters pregame to a sparse crowd. Caps ended there 588 game home sell out streak earlier in the week.

Gary Bettman and the NHL are really spreading the FEVER of NHL action although seems more like they are spreading covid :noidea:

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the fans are starting to mail it in as well...

They should move them to Mexico City or Los Alamitos.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should move them to Mexico City or Los Alamitos.
lol there was a troll years ago in the swamp that would persistently post how the Canadiens were going to move to Mexico City

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no idea have Chevy still has a job with the Jets...This is a bad signing.

I think Nino's fine and the deal's fair but Chevy's entire job at this point is basically "if X player will play in Winnipeg we'll pay him".

Doubling down on this core at all is at the same time crazy to me as it is terrifying since it seems like it's probably the same path the Leafs are going to take with theirs, with similar results.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no idea have Chevy still has a job with the Jets...This is a bad signing.

I can see the negotiations now:

Chevy: Hey Nino are you willing to stay in Winnipeg?
Nino: ummmmmm
Chevy: What would it take to get you to stay?
Nino: <thinking to himself.....I am probably going to get a PTO or one year deal elsewhere for maybe 3 million> How about you give me 2 years at 4 million per year.
Chevy: <thinking to himself...I am not sure if in two years anyone will want to play here> Here is my counter THREE YEARs @ 4 million a year.
Nino: ....
Chevy: .....
<contract signed>

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised at the signing

I have always heard that Manitoba is the Switzerland of the Praries.

I've been to Winnipeg a few times and let me just say that I'm in no hurry to return :D

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brought this to mind…

Post in thread 'Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus'
Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

lol - Hey, Winnipeg might get snow and very cold in the wintertime, but it also gets very hot and full of mosquitoes in the summertime. It's a wonderful place to be.