• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit’s starting to sound like idiots who wanted to trade Kaberle for half a decade.

Han isn’t just any idiot either, he used to work for the org.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really seeing how they plug the hole in net without dropping Nylander while doing any of the things Friedge says.

/I’d offer Campbell Mrazek’s deal and that’s about it.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kallgren and Mrazek as the one, two next year (not necessarily in that order)?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crime pays these days as more affluent parts of larger cities are experiencing it. It’s like the Wild West here in LA.

/when I saw the headline tweet, I just assumed he was slumming it in Brampton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crime pays these days as more affluent parts of larger cities are experiencing it. It’s like the Wild West here in LA.

The latest thing i have seen is following people from high-end restaurants who are driving fancy cars.

/Which is why I have held onto my '95 Volvo

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I owned Twitter, idiots like that would get perma banned, joke or not. Idiot.

So for fun, I went and look at that dingus' Twitter. BLM are terrorists, but aliens are real. Been tweeting for 2 years and doesn't have many likes on any of the shit he's posted.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
everybody knows the way you get rid of cap problems is to plant Oxy on them before they cross the border.
The latest thing i have seen is following people from high-end restaurants who are driving fancy cars.

/Which is why I have held onto my '95 Volvo
Dash, nobody is following you from the early seating at the Old Country Buffet

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everybody knows the way you get rid of cap problems is to plant Oxy on them before they cross the border.

Dash, nobody is following you from the early seating at the Old Country Buffet

Robert Lang likes this :thumb:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Went to Craig's there last month (a friend insisted that it's something we had to do once; I disagree but...) and I noticed the giant fucking armed guards at every corner of the restaurant with police badges. Friend said that was there because it's common for shit to happen once people leave the restaurant and they will get followed/robbed upon leaving so the restaurant wants to create the ultimate sense of security.

Can't say I remember ever seeing anything similar in any other major US city (although maybe I just didn't notice it). Definitely sucks that it's come to things like that.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, how do you make big changes to a team that put up 115 points during the regular season?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Man, how do you make big changes to a team that put up 115 points during the regular season?

the absolute minimum bar for success was to knock off the defending Stanley Cup champions?
tough crowd.

it's a good fucking team. if you can keep that team, you do it.
with 58 million tied up on 4 forwards and 3D, it might be tough to flesh out the roster, but this is not tear down territory.

I am kind of chuckling at the Minnesota Wild, who had their best ever season (113 points)
and have to blow that shit up because of the buyouts of Parise and Suter that kick in.
$12.7MM next season, $14.7MM for the next two after that

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before and I'll stick by it, I think some of Keefe's decisions were baffling - playing Simmonds and Clifford cost them game 2 and could've cost them game 1 if TB hadn't played abysmally, benching Liljegren and playing Boosh looked worse every game, I saw the 4th line twice in the final ten minutes of game 7, and I think he bears at least some responsibility for whatever the hell happened in game 4 - and if they wanted to try a different coach I think that would be fair.

But they've got one more year before they really have to start making decisions about the core and unless someone really blows them out of the water in a trade proposal for Nylander there's no reason to fuck with it until then.

So what's left? What hasn't been tinkered with, overhauled etc. on this roster the last few years? Nobody on the bottom 6 or blue line were with the team to start the year 3 seasons ago other than Rielly, Holl, Engvall, Mikhayev and Spezza and the last two there are probably gone. They're probably moving on from their second starting goalie in two seasons. There's been turnover in the top 6 outside the core 4. Any idea that they "keep running it back" just comes from people who want to irrationally trade Nylander.

IMO if there's a move for a world class RD out there they should be involved and willing to move either or both Brodie and Muzzin to make it happen, and if it takes Nylander to do so I think you do it, but even then I'm not too sure who is out there that fits that profile that a team would be willing to trade anyway.