• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they signed Rielly to a big money deal that leaves the younger, cheaper version of Rielly as odd man out I’m going to be pretty upset with Glasses Boy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also there’s whispers out there (honestly don’t know from where but I’ve seen them repeated on more reputable places so worth mentioning) that Muzzin is somehow headed back to the Kings at some point so I’m not understanding why Sandin can’t just take that spot unless the club is worried about two pairings with offense-first d-men turning out like the Barrie experiment did.

Either way I think they’re stuck with Muzzin so probably a non-starter. The Rielly-Sandin thing is really not cool though.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jack and think he’d be worth keeping but I have a hard time believing anybody in the league is giving him more than $3 mil/yr. Thats not a good start from his agent.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love revisionist history. Kadri wasn't traded for hockey reasons, he was traded because for the second consecutive year he missed the bulk of a first round playoff matchup because of a fucking idiotic hit and his teammates were probably ready to kill him. He wasn't one who "got away", he left them no choice.

He then did it again in Colorado a year ago, or did we all forget that one lol

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need a goalie who plays well in Toronto then trade for Jon Gibson. It might take Nylander tho.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So CJ said last night that Mikhayev is looking for around $5 mil/yr, Campbell maybe more than that depending on how goalie market shakes out.

Good luck to whoever pays either anything close to those numbers. And I'm a fan of both lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would’ve gone longer but even this is a great deal. I think he’s gonna be a top 4 constant going forward.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to look great in orca Blue and Green
True, he would be an excellent addition to the Canucks’ Swedish contingent.

Be glad to send him over for that American defenceman who grew up in Toronto. He wants to be closer to his brothers in Jersey anyway.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has since dawned on me that the fact they didn’t simultaneously announce a similar deal for Sandin is…concerning.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this time of year
Gonna be an exciting offseason in Canada. Every team save maybe Calgary is gonna have a wild one (and the Flames might as well depending what happens with Gaudreau and Tkachuk, although I think them losing the first and keeping the second seems obvious).

I’ll be very disappointed if we wind up not seeing shit for big trades.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be an exciting offseason in Canada. Every team save maybe Calgary is gonna have a wild one (and the Flames might as well depending what happens with Gaudreau and Tkachuk, although I think them losing the first and keeping the second seems obvious).

I’ll be very disappointed if we wind up not seeing shit for big trades.

What if we keep the first and trade the second for a bunch of magic beans?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has since dawned on me that the fact they didn’t simultaneously announce a similar deal for Sandin is…concerning.
This has become much more concerning in the past few days. Sounds like Sandin is pissed they kept Gio and have Rielly & Muzz ahead still on the left.

Still don't think anybody's offer sheeting him but if this ends up in a scenario where the Leafs trade him to help with a cap dump or some shit that might be as far as I go with Dubas.

Someone out there will take a chance with Muzzin. You don't lose young controllable cheap talent because an injury-prone aging veteran is blocking a spot for him. It's pretty obvious the club likes Jake but what's in the best interest of the club is far more important.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on other Leaf stuff...

- Giroux would be nice but only at a max $4 mil deal for a season or two. If he's still after paydays he can get more somewhere, even if he limits himself to the EC.

- Keep Mrazek unless someone is really keen to take him and gives a third round pick or something with nothing retained. This season was a shit show for him, a summer of rest and a new goalie coach might fix it. A buyout at this point doesn't make any sense.

- Don't go big on another goalie. Short term and small to mid cap hit. Yeah that doesn't get you a winner but there aren't many winners out there. It's better at this point to see if some of the struggling teams with guys who might become unhappy continue to struggle and maybe you can work out an in-season deal.

- I want to keep Engvall but anything over $1.8m is too much and I don't think he'll go for that. Trade him.

- Keep Holl.

- Trade Kerfoot.

- Doing the above should get you about $15.5 mil in cap space ($11.5 mil if you get Giroux for $4 mil). If Bunting stays useable at 1LW and you round out the 2nd line with Giroux that gives you a lot of room to get a goalie and some third line scoring to put around Kampf (and hopefully Robertson if he can stay healthy and get to the big club). If Chicago non-tenders Strome they need to be on that. I'm probably checking in on what Holland wants for Puljujarvi too, and if Calgary does pull off signing Gaudreau & Tkachuk at the last minute give them a first and get Mangiapane home.