• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and BTW... that is borderline tampering!!

Maybe take away the Leafs first this year?

:rockon::nutswing:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and BTW... that is borderline tampering!!

Maybe take away the Leafs first this year?

:rockon::nutswing:
All they did was give nomenclature to an inanimate object, in this case a sign. No rules against that.

Frankly, I think Steven Stamkos will keep the name "Sign" in mind for when he has a child. Name like that can work for either a boy or a girl.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All they did was give nomenclature to an inanimate object, in this case a sign. No rules against that.

Frankly, I think Steven Stamkos will keep the name "Sign" in mind for when he has a child. Name like that can work for either a boy or a girl.

Hahaha, I actually just caught "Baby Mama" yesterday and I always crack up when that mother says something like "Come on Romaine, Cheyenne, we have a playdate with Wingspan and Banjo"

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Pittsburgh doesn't have Tyler Bozak do they???

#top centre #elite
Leo Komarov has more goals than Kessel.

And while his underlying numbers aren't great, Bozak has more than held his own and probably justified his wage so far this season. Still think most teams would rather someone else as a second line C but gotta give credit where it's due. Also means his trade value is probably nearing it's peak.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not going to bump this thread because, hey, the team is in dire straits and 2015-16 was destined to be a write-off.

As 2015 draws to a close and we approach the midway point of the season though, some stats really jump off the page regarding the team:

• 25th in points (as expected, if not better)
  • 21st in goals for - after trading Kessel and looking at the lineup, this is pretty darned impressive. And shockingly ahead of PIT, ANA, just to name 2
  • 20th (tied) in goals against - probably a little surprising given how porous this lineup has been the last couple of years. Could/should be better but Bernier has been inconsistent (read sieve-like at times)
  • 20th in Goal Differential

The only observation I can make is Mike Babcock is one helluva coach, to get this kind of result out of this lineup. Are they a good team, of course not. But I doubt they will end up Bottom 3, and I thought that was a lock going into the season.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, the Leafs are playing a lot better hockey than I thought they would this season. Of course, it probably doesn't hurt when the coach is the highest paid guy on the team ergo the players realize this guy ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not going to bump this thread because, hey, the team is in dire straits and 2015-16 was destined to be a write-off.

As 2015 draws to a close and we approach the midway point of the season though, some stats really jump off the page regarding the team:

• 21st in goals for - after trading Kessel and looking at the lineup, this is pretty darned impressive. And shockingly ahead of PIT, ANA, just to name 2
  • 20th (tied) in goals against - probably a little surprising given how porous this lineup has been the last couple of years. Could/should be better but Bernier has been inconsistent (read sieve-like at times)

The only observation I can make is Mike Babcock is one helluva coach, to get this kind of result out of this lineup. Are they a good team, of course not. But I doubt they will end up Bottom 3, and I thought that was a lock going into the season.
I'm way too lazy right now to get all the stats, but I know their record since Nov 1 is stellar and I'm sure the GF/GA stats reflect that accordingly. Leafs had a terrible October and have been pretty damn good since.

In addition, not only are some of the sign-now-trade-later guys doing well enough to earn some looks from contenders come the deadline (Parenteau in particular), but many of the guys who struggled horrendously under the previous regime look like completely different players. Phaneuf, Bozak, Holland, Gardiner and Komarov are all playing their best hockey in years, not to mention Reimer when healthy.

Of course, if you were to decide to trade any of these guys it would seem like the best time to sell high.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know that you did this, but a lot of people seem to forget the other side of this coin. The Leafs are not just playing better hockey now because Mike Babcock is a good coach but also because Sir Randolph of Sudbury was a bad one.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that you did this, but a lot of people seem to forget the other side of this coin. The Leafs are not just playing better hockey now because Mike Babcock is a good coach but also because Sir Randolph of Sudbury was a bad one.

Well, I for one am not going to criticize anyone from Sudbury. I am still hoping to get on Jeopardy

(but it is also certainly a fair point)

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I for one am not going to criticize anyone from Sudbury. I am still hoping to get on Jeopardy

(but it is also certainly a fair point)

A fair point that seemingly no one in the media will ever mention.

And Jeopardy! testing is at the end of January. Sign up!

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fair point that seemingly no one in the media will ever mention.

And Jeopardy! testing is at the end of January. Sign up!

Already have !

I had previously got so far in the process as to have been scheduled for the live audition at the Sony Picture studio in LA. I found my old notes the other day, still have the name of the show staffer I spoke to (Luci) what to say to the security guard at the lot, etc. But I never made it to the audition. Why? My audition was scheduled for September 20, 2001. :mad2:

I think I am past my prime now, but damn, when I watch the show I get so frustrated. I know I can beat most of those folks (maybe not Ken Jennings though).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would require the Cliff Clavin Jeopardy! dream board to have any success (lol)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Leafs move back to the West? First time they've swept the season series vs. STL since 1979!

Better be more specific - The Flames and Jets have the exact same record after 38 games, the Flames are still in the playoff hunt in the Pathetic Division while the Jets are making plans for next year in the ultra competitive Central Division.