• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better be more specific - The Flames and Jets have the exact same record after 38 games, the Flames are still in the playoff hunt in the Pathetic Division while the Jets are making plans for next year in the ultra competitive Central Division.
I've always thought Toronto could use a Pacific seaport.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell they're not really anywhere close to the Atlantic and they're in that division, so what's the big problem?

Flames need to review the video of Leafs - Blues games, the Blues give the Flames fits.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously, how is Babcock doing it with THIS lineup???

While I like the enthusiasm remember that they're in 27th place, not 7th place. It's not like it's a complete miracle.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I like the enthusiasm remember that they're in 27th place, not 7th place. It's not like it's a complete miracle.

LOL

And now I suppose you are going to tell me that losing 2 games by a combined score of 10-1 to the likes of CBJ and SJ is not an impressive achievement !

*filing away my parade route map til 2017*

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing JVR is likely the death knell to any potential Leafs success. Hopefully Lou moves quickly to trade guys like Bozak, Komarov, Reimer and Polak while the going is good.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing JVR is likely the death knell to any potential Leafs success. Hopefully Lou moves quickly to trade guys like Bozak, Komarov, Reimer and Polak while the going is good.

He must have been important to the Leafs because without him they lost to a beer league team last night. And not a very good beer league team.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must have been important to the Leafs because without him they lost to a beer league team last night. And not a very good beer league team.
I watched only the first period (was tired from my impromptu road trip to Buffalo and back) but from what little I saw and what I heard this morning it was maybe the worst game of hockey ever played and almost certainly the worst the Leafs have ever played.

It's not just JVR - Rielly hasn't exactly grown defensively and he was responsible for a goal, the goaltending is bad - regardless of how many good performances one or the other can string together they both always revert to form, and there simply isn't any goalscoring talent on the team.

So, they had their fun, they showed improvement in a lot of areas, but it's time to get the ball rolling. Team's in 27th, they're 3 pts up on 30th with 4 games in hand, there are some pretty desirable pieces on the team, let's get phase two of the re-build into gear.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched only the first period (was tired from my impromptu road trip to Buffalo and back) but from what little I saw and what I heard this morning it was maybe the worst game of hockey ever played and almost certainly the worst the Leafs have ever played.

It's not just JVR - Rielly hasn't exactly grown defensively and he was responsible for a goal, the goaltending is bad - regardless of how many good performances one or the other can string together they both always revert to form, and there simply isn't any goalscoring talent on the team.

So, they had their fun, they showed improvement in a lot of areas, but it's time to get the ball rolling. Team's in 27th, they're 3 pts up on 30th with 4 games in hand, there are some pretty desirable pieces on the team, let's get phase two of the re-build into gear.

I knew when I was watching it that he was gonna get blamed (they also tried to blame Parenteau on the broadcast as I recall). Rielly has a man but he's only one guy with two Jackets in front. The big mistake was made when Hunwick chased Hartnell (I think, I haven't rewatched it) way up high for no good reason, not when Rielly was unable to cover that mistake.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew when I was watching it that he was gonna get blamed (they also tried to blame Parenteau on the broadcast as I recall). Rielly has a man but he's only one guy with two Jackets in front. The big mistake was made when Hunwick chased Hartnell (I think, I haven't rewatched it) way up high for no good reason, not when Rielly was unable to cover that mistake.
Doesn't surprise me that Hunwick wound up responsible. If there's one guy on the team who's faith given to him by Babcock I'm not understanding it's him.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't surprise me that Hunwick wound up responsible. If there's one guy on the team who's faith given to him by Babcock I'm not understanding it's him.

The media is being completely deferential to Babcock and jumping right on board too for some reason. We'll just have to wait and see if this ends up being some Dan Cleary type shit I guess.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Cleary? Did I hear someone say Dan Cleary?

You can have him for a signed Kadri puck. Hell, keep the puck.

Babs LOVES Cleary..

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comedy Platinum out of Illinois Involving Canada's Team's Quest for the Cup

MLSE sued by Illinois baggage handler | Toronto Star

My first reaction was "that is ridiculous". But then I dug around on some stats. Sumitomo did a study of conveyor belts and noted that the belt speed is variable, and can operate as fast as 1.78m per second (350 feet per minute for us South of the Border).

I have never seen airport crew operate one at that speed, but holy crap, if the belt can be turned up that high, it would only take a few seconds to shoot gear up into the plane. Maybe the injured person has a case :noidea: