• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirty Shwa.

I prefer the former Oshawa General who currently captains the Islanders and grew up just down Dorval Dr. from me. Get him over here, pronto.

Amen. If there are hockey gods, the ping pong balls will land Connor in T.O., and JT will be home as soon as his contract allows him to leave Purgatory.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont see Reimer as ever being top tier. And not just due to his concussions. Which rreally gets to my point. He has been playing well, if he is not a clear #1 long term, then dump him now while the market value is high. Dont wait until the next crease collision and be left with damaged goods.

I dont know that Bernier is the answer long term either, but for me, the jury is still out on that score.

I don't disagree with anything you say, but I'm probably much less optimistic on Berns than you are.

And at this point, if you can trade someone on this roster and get anything valuable, you do it. Except Kessel, because fuck he's having some serious troubles.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't win if you don't score, which has been the case for the Leafs in the last month or so

If you take away the 6 goals they piled on the Devils last week, the Habs have scored 14 goals in their past 7 while the Leafs have scored 15 in that same span. The Leafs have 1 win from those 7 games and the Habs have 5.

Yeah, it's obviously good to score goals, but it helps more if the goalie goes the extra mile (even if comparing Price and Bernier is obviously unfair). Bernier hasn't. He's playing his worst as a member of the Leafs thus far. He's going to be lucky to be offered as much as he's making now this summer.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you take away the 6 goals they piled on the Devils last week, the Habs have scored 14 goals in their past 7 while the Leafs have scored 15 in that same span. The Leafs have 1 win from those 7 games and the Habs have 5.

Yeah, it's obviously good to score goals, but it helps more if the goalie goes the extra mile (even if comparing Price and Bernier is obviously unfair). Bernier hasn't. He's playing his worst as a member of the Leafs thus far. He's going to be lucky to be offered as much as he's making now this summer.

Also, the Habs have a better team defense as well - it's an unfair goalie comparison, but the Habs have a much better structure as well and have forwards who play good defense, unlike the Leafs

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the Habs have a better team defense as well - it's an unfair goalie comparison, but the Habs have a much better structure as well and have forwards who play good defense, unlike the Leafs

Eh...not by much. They're sixth-worst in the league in offensive vs defensive zone start %, bottom ten in CF%, bottom ten in shots against, yet first in goals against. They are royally fucked without Price.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Healthy scratching Phil Kessel would definitely send a message...

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen. If there are hockey gods, the ping pong balls will land Connor in T.O., and JT will be home as soon as his contract allows him to leave Purgatory.

Yes because NYC is definitely a horrible place to live for a rich guy under 30 years old.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. But the whole team is atrocious at D. For example,

Did I see correctly, my man Kessel was -4 last night? :doh:

I think the roster explosion coming will be of Hiroshima quality.

Kessel reminds me of those kids growing up we called "hangers". Just hang at the blue line when the other team is in your zone and hope for a breakaway. No need to play any D. And after losing 4-2 they would say, "Not my fault, I had a goal and an assist", meanwhile they were a minus 2.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kessel reminds me of those kids growing up we called "hangers". Just hang at the blue line when the other team is in your zone and hope for a breakaway. No need to play any D. And after losing 4-2 they would say, "Not my fault, I had a goal and an assist", meanwhile they were a minus 2.

And there's absolutely no problem with guys like that on your team, provided the other four can get the job done when the other team has the puck.

Problem is, Leafs haven't had 4 guys who can do that in the 6 years Kessel's been here.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there's absolutely no problem with guys like that on your team, provided the other four can get the job done when the other team has the puck.

Problem is, Leafs haven't had 4 guys who can do that in the 6 years Kessel's been here.

Yet he doesn't see this happening and get back on D. That trade set the Leafs back a decade. If they had Rask in net and Sequin maybe they wouldn'e be such a disaster.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet he doesn't see this happening and get back on D. That trade set the Leafs back a decade. If they had Rask in net and Sequin maybe they wouldn'e be such a disaster.

Different trades, but yeah. Burke's stupidity wasn't in trading for Kessel, it was in not making a follow-up move to get him a centre. Fuck me if I can even remember who centered the Leafs' first line in Kessel's first season here (Stajan?).

Trading Steen was genius, too.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different trades, but yeah. Burke's stupidity wasn't in trading for Kessel, it was in not making a follow-up move to get him a centre. Fuck me if I can even remember who centered the Leafs' first line in Kessel's first season here (Stajan?).

Trading Steen was genius, too.

That trade kinda reminds me of when the Rangers traded Zubov and Nedved for Robatille and Ulf Samuelson in 1998 who were both on the down sides of their careers. It was no coincidence they didn't get back into the playoffs until after the first strike. And even then they sucked, Lundqvist just came along and made them mediocre.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade kinda reminds me of when the Rangers traded Zubov and Nedved for Robatille and Ulf Samuelson in 1998 who were both on the down sides of their careers. It was no coincidence they didn't get back into the playoffs until after the first strike. And even then they sucked, Lundqvist just came along and made them mediocre.

You're a few years late (that trade was in 95 or 96, I think), but I get what you're saying.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a few years late (that trade was in 95 or 96, I think), but I get what you're saying.

The 90's are kind of a blur to me. The years of not making the playoffs all seemed to blend.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 90's are kind of a blur to me. The years of not making the playoffs all seemed to blend.

Maybe that's why the past decade has flown by for me. I have to give pause sometimes while writing down the date because it seems so unbelievable sometimes that it's 2015.