• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never realized how much Leafs/Raps games helped my Mental Health. I feel like I am literally going crazy right now with stress. Those outlets are seriously missed by me.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had no idea these two were doing sex. Good for them! Would make for some incredibly athletic children.

Be careful, if you click on the wrong thumbnail you might see Dart Guy's conquests instead.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is such a trainwreck. These articles they are running are just embarassing. Best home runs and no Joe Carter?

But this one takes the cake.

Web gems and then some: The best defensive plays we ever saw

Hey, I like Buck Martinez as much as anybody and I still remember his double play, but not sure it deserved to be on this list. More? So they correctly identify Robbie Alomar but reference one of the 12 games he played in a Baltimore uni?

But the biggest joke of all is ignoring Devon White and the only WS triple play.

Ranks right up there with Gretzky's non-high stick (F you Kerry Fraser)

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is such a trainwreck. These articles they are running are just embarassing. Best home runs and no Joe Carter?

But this one takes the cake.

Web gems and then some: The best defensive plays we ever saw

Hey, I like Buck Martinez as much as anybody and I still remember his double play, but not sure it deserved to be on this list. More? So they correctly identify Robbie Alomar but reference one of the 12 games he played in a Baltimore uni?

But the biggest joke of all is ignoring Devon White and the only WS triple play.

Ranks right up there with Gretzky's non-high stick (F you Kerry Fraser)

Did you consider that perhaps not very many of the responders attended the Devon White game in person? They are/were not all beat writers and they are not all oldtimers. The Joe Carter HR likely has the same issues.

Hell if you think about it Schoenfield was kinda "lucky" to have been at the Buck Martinez game given that he presumably attended it as a young Mariners fan.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you consider that perhaps not very many of the responders attended the Devon White game in person? They are/were not all beat writers and they are not all oldtimers. The Joe Carter HR likely has the same issues.

Hell if you think about it Schoenfield was kinda "lucky" to have been at the Buck Martinez game given that he presumably attended it as a young Mariners fan.

To be honest, I did not really believe it was a strict "rule" for the articles. But OK, if they truly are restricting it to games they personally attended (and not seen on TV) then I take your point.

But ESPN couldnt find anyone who covered the 92 or 93 WS (Devo and Joe respectively)? Am I that old??

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I did not really believe it was a strict "rule" for the articles. But OK, if they truly are restricting it to games they personally attended (and not seen on TV) then I take your point.

But ESPN couldnt find anyone who covered the 92 or 93 WS (Devo and Joe respectively)? Am I that old??

They found some that did but those people just chose different plays and they didn't ask "enough" people. It would have come up. I guess I just don't really think it's criminal that a handful of people didn't select it.

Figure a 25 year old in '92 would be 52 now. That's not old in the big picture but it's old for TV. Plus I suppose the press credentials for the World Series may have tended to the older side then.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching game 5 of the ALDS vs. Texas and Harold Reynolds said that Rougned Odor could hit .325, .330 if everything clicks for him. I guess Harold's excuse is that everything didn't click.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daltry on the right, who (haha) is on the left?