• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all to say, the lack of actually knowledgeable, talented hockey people on the major broadcasts of this sport continues to be incredibly disappointing.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
well of course Austin Matthews doesn't sell tickets.
his fans are broke from buying so many jerseys

D1tJtDkWsAAy0nu.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D1tJtDkWsAAy0nu.jpg
This is obviously a huge problem in Toronto where ticket sales can be low even in good times and the franchise is constantly rumoured to be on the move.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Flyers and Leafs swap goalies tonight?

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D1tJtDkWsAAy0nu.jpg

Do those numbers include the St. Pats threads?

I thought I had too much Guinness when I saw him in green last night.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game last night. Sucked that my Flyers lost.

Man Anderson looked horrible live. His body language and positioning is lost.

He better find that soon else they are cooked

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game last night. Sucked that my Flyers lost.

Man Anderson looked horrible live. His body language and positioning is lost.

He better find that soon else they are cooked

He's exhausted. I'm really starting to think that the Leafs have morons running the team. The Cock has won with the Canadian team and a stacked Wings team. Dubas is a kid. I think we are in trouble. This team could probably beat nobody in a playoff series. They are so soft and so bad in their own end. Once the playoffs start they are going to be in a shitload of trouble. To lose that game tonight which was huge was unforgivable. Can't wait to hear the Cock say we didn't start on time for the 25th time this year. That's on you Babs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's exhausted. I'm really starting to think that the Leafs have morons running the team. The Cock has won with the Canadian team and a stacked Wings team. Dubas is a kid. I think we are in trouble. This team could probably beat nobody in a playoff series. They are so soft and so bad in their own end. Once the playoffs start they are going to be in a shitload of trouble. To lose that game tonight which was huge was unforgivable. Can't wait to hear the Cock say we didn't start on time for the 25th time this year. That's on you Babs.
If Andersen's exhausted then he's just not an NHL starter. He's on pace for less than 60 starts, that isn't a heavy workload.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever the fuck is happening, it is on Babcock to fix. Losing games to the last place team at this point in the season is unacceptable.

I did always figure he would get another season even if the Leafs go out in the first round but if they get embarrassed it really wouldn't surprise me if he's gone this spring.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Andersen's exhausted then he's just not an NHL starter. He's on pace for less than 60 starts, that isn't a heavy workload.

Not sure it's the games played though. He's second in shots against and getting pushed around a lot because nobody on this team is capable of pushing back.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did always figure he would get another season even if the Leafs go out in the first round but if they get embarrassed it really wouldn't surprise me if he's gone this spring.

As crazy as this would have sounded in the fall, I think its a really possibility.

Don't remember which talking head it was on the weekend, but someone suggested DJ Smith may get a long look at NHL head coaching positions. I think it was a comment on where OTT goes. Smith? Really? The Leafs DEFENSE coach??? I hate to crap on the guy, he did win a Memorial Cup for my team, but wow, not sure I would go near anything remotely associated with the Leafs D this year (excepting Morgan Rielly).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As crazy as this would have sounded in the fall, I think its a really possibility.

Don't remember which talking head it was on the weekend, but someone suggested DJ Smith may get a long look at NHL head coaching positions. I think it was a comment on where OTT goes. Smith? Really? The Leafs DEFENSE coach??? I hate to crap on the guy, he did win a Memorial Cup for my team, but wow, not sure I would go near anything remotely associated with the Leafs D this year (excepting Morgan Rielly).
It seems like anyone associated with the Leafs in the past 3 years is getting buzz for GM/HC positions despite a lot of them not being very good at their jobs (and even farther back if you listen to Darren Dreger constantly shill for his cousin). It's times like that when I get the rest of the country hating the saturation Leaf coverage - none of these people deserve promotions.

I heard this morning on 1050 that some Leaf players/coaches have spoken out saying not having Dermott & Gardiner has hurt (along with being unable to call up Rosen). Like, that's fine but the team that beat your asses on Saturday night gave Cody Ceci and a rookie thy most blue line ice time and had no issue making you look like chumps. You're fucking professionals, shut the fuck up and do your jobs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver: World renowned architect designs cool-looking, proportional structure.

Toronto: Same world renowned architect designs glass boxes that form into giant glass box that will stick out horrifically in the skyline thanks to its insane width and height and has bushes sticking out here and there that will be dead 8 months of the year.

unionctrskylinened1280-jpg.177022