• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously a Canadian pigeon. Waited patiently for the departing passengers to exit.

Um, have you met our geese? They don't call them "Hate Birds" for nothing :wink:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, have you met our geese? They don't call them "Hate Birds" for nothing :wink:

:pound:

Down here, I have had several people refer to a group of them as "Canadian Geese". Trying to explain that a group of Canada Geese is referred to as "Canada Geese" is a fruitless task.

Last edited:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Down here, I have had several people refer to a group of them as "Canadian Geese". Trying to explain that a group of Canada Geese is refer to as "Canada Geese" is a fruitless task.

It's NOT a group of Canada Geese.

It's a gaggle of Canada Geese. :D

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the TB game broadcast, Poulin was advocating a Hyman-Kadri-Brown line to match up against Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak

Pure old-school checking line.

I liked the idea. Any chance it would be tried, particularly Games 3 and 4?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the TB game broadcast, Poulin was advocating a Hyman-Kadri-Brown line to match up against Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak

We're then relying on Marleau actually being useful alongside Tavares. I'm not sure he's useful at all at this point, let alone putting him in a position to play 16+ minutes of playoff hockey a night.

I really hope he likes that "ironman streak" because he probably needed to sit out about 10 games down the stretch in order to be even a little useful.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, it's the last day of the season, nobody knows who the hell is going to play backup in the playoffs as they called up Hutch and Sparks isn't in practice and Andersen just left practice momentarily after taking a puck to the neck.

Really no reason for Andersen to be anywhere other than a beach until Monday. Not getting the benefit of starting him vs. MTL.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if that happens and I'm Cassidy I just keep throwing my top line over the boards. Want to play those three forwards 23 minutes a night while Matthews, Tavares etc. sit on the bench? Be my guest.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're then relying on Marleau actually being useful alongside Tavares. I'm not sure he's useful at all at this point, let alone putting him in a position to play 16+ minutes of playoff hockey a night.

I really hope he likes that "ironman streak" because he probably needed to sit out about 10 games down the stretch in order to be even a little useful.

Connor Brown might be a healthy scratch if I'm deciding (I think there's an argument that Moore has been better and is a better fit) and Poulin has him taking on heavy minutes against the Bs' top line.

We just have a difference of opinion I guess, but the thing that we have in common is that no NHL team wants to hire either one of us :wink:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if that happens and I'm Cassidy I just keep throwing my top line over the boards. Want to play those three forwards 23 minutes a night while Matthews, Tavares etc. sit on the bench? Be my guest.

I guess the counter is that they are going to play 23 minutes a night regardless of who the Leafs throw out there, and wouldn't Matthews or Tavares be more effective in the other 37 minutes? Going by eyeballs and memory (cue the laughter) but neither of them generated any offense when up against the Bs top line this year.

p.s. this is why you have Martin and Komarov on the team.....for these situations!!

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That damn streak and his total GP unfortunately means he will be back next year. I dont wish any harm to the guy, but a career-ending but non-life threatening injury this summer is fine by me.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That damn streak and his total GP unfortunately means he will be back next year. I dont wish any harm to the guy, but a career-ending but non-life threatening injury this summer is fine by me.
I think it was a wuss move by the Leafs management to not just nut up and tell him he's sitting because he looks like a beer leaguer out there.

The last time he looked good was after the All Star break. I think that speaks volumes.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Meanwhile, it's the last day of the season, nobody knows who the hell is going to play backup in the playoffs as they called up Hutch and Sparks isn't in practice and Andersen just left practice momentarily after taking a puck to the neck.

Really no reason for Andersen to be anywhere other than a beach until Monday. Not getting the benefit of starting him vs. MTL.

hope the Marlies don't need a goalie going foward