• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that would not have been the case 5+ years ago: Rasmus Sandin has 17 pts in his last 16 games for the Marlies as they've been chasing down a playoff spot.

His partner, Timothy Liljegren, has been a rock too during that span.

It's going to suck losing Gardiner but those two and an improved Rosen could really help numb the loss if they can break onto the NHL roster next season.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John 'It's better to reign in hell than serve in heaven" Milton sounds like my kind of defenseman.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could just sign all of Ajax right now. One of those magnificent bastards must know how to skate and also not mind EB 401 traffic.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleh, probably seen the last of Kadri and Gards in Leafs jerseys. Not crazy about it but what choices do we have? Wonder if No Show Nylander is back? Babs? You have to go all the way back to 2004 when MotherTucker trucked Kapanen in game 6 for the last moment the Leafs were in a second round series. That was SUCH a long time ago. Fuck this sucks.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I just make one easy suggestion?

Name a fucking captain. Even if the actual effect is negligible, just fucking name one already.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And isnt there some weird cap rule that pins the remaining $$ of a retiring player's contract on the team that signed him? Thought I heard that wrt Luongo and the Canucks.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only "but" is the damn ironman streak and career games played records. No idea how important that stuff is to Marleay, but if it is, no way he plays ball.
They can just healthy scratch him into submission if they want.

Also, fuck his stupid iron man streak. SO FUCKING HAPPY HE PLAYED 82 GAMES THIS YEAR! He definitely didn't need a few load management days down the stretch to be fresher for the playoffs.

And isnt there some weird cap rule that pins the remaining $$ of a retiring player's contract on the team that signed him? Thought I heard that wrt Luongo and the Canucks.
If they mutually terminate it there's no active contract and thus no cap recapture penalty. It's like how Berglund and Buffalo mutually terminated this season and Berglund's cap hit was no longer on Buffalo's books.

My guess is whenever Luongo does hang it up this is how it will be done, although he's still owed about $4 mil actual money on his contract over the next 3 years.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This response gives some food for thought too:

Or they trade him to a cheap ass team that needs to hit the cap floor but doesn't want to spend real dollars. If only there were such a team.

Still the problem of his NMC but if you threaten to scratch him, maybe he accepts a move somewhere that will play him every game.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
If they mutually terminate it there's no active contract and thus no cap recapture penalty. It's like how Berglund and Buffalo mutually terminated this season and Berglund's cap hit was no longer on Buffalo's books.

My guess is whenever Luongo does hang it up this is how it will be done, although he's still owed about $4 mil actual money on his contract over the next 3 years.
Luongo can LTIR into the sunset to save everyone a headache.
There are potential legal implications if the league tries to stick that recapture penalty on the Canucks, as the rule was put in place after the contract was signed.