• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a Mike Smith hater if you will, but that Coyotes run was more freak luck and a goalie playing out of his mind.

/Crawford folding like a cheap card table didn't hurt either...

good points ... and if the league did indeed fold the coyotes and expand to seattle in the same week ... the one thing that could submarine the seattle sports fans notorious "support the cool new team" attitude would be DAVE TIPPETT HOCKEY!!!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good points ... and if the league did indeed fold the coyotes and expand to seattle in the same week ... the one thing that could submarine the seattle sports fans notorious "support the cool new team" attitude would be DAVE TIPPETT HOCKEY!!!

It's winning hockey (enough to get into the post-season), but man it is boring. I didn't put this in my previous post, but the Yotes also benefitted from who they drew in the playoffs as well.

/Put it this way, if the Yotes play the Canucks in the first round, I don't see Phoenix advancing to the second round.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's winning hockey (enough to get into the post-season), but man it is boring. I didn't put this in my previous post, but the Yotes also benefitted from who they drew in the playoffs as well.

/Put it this way, if the Yotes play the Canucks in the first round, I don't see Phoenix advancing to the second round.

True, but that's the name of the game. I think if the Devils draw the Penguins in round 2 last year they lose.

I don't know the Seattle market as well as some of you NW guys but I do think it would be a solid fanbase. Obviously the Seahawks with the 12th man, you said the Sounders draw well, and I know the Sonics had a solid fanbase before their team was stolen from them so why not hockey?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, I think a brand new glitzy arena will draw fans in for the first couple of seasons. After that, the success of the team will have to keep the fanbase interested. If the team goes six or seven consecutive years without making the playoffs, I just don't know if the fans will keep shelling out the money.

/Detroit fans are mad at Ken Holland, maybe he's looking to make a move closer to home :D

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but that's the name of the game. I think if the Devils draw the Penguins in round 2 last year they lose.

I don't know the Seattle market as well as some of you NW guys but I do think it would be a solid fanbase. Obviously the Seahawks with the 12th man, you said the Sounders draw well, and I know the Sonics had a solid fanbase before their team was stolen from them so why not hockey?

"draw well" is a massive understatement (Sounders average a league leading 42300 per game - nearly double what the second place Montreal Impact draw)

and as for "why not hockey?" after listing all those pro teams (and lets not forget the UW Huskies) somethings gotta give ... Seattle fans can be very quick to fall out of love with teams ... just look at the Mariners ... its such a weird sports market imo ... they are very much behind the communal experience ... when they feel its not fashionable anymore its off to REI to by hiking gear

Last edited by a moderator:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Barry Trotz says hello.
trotz.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I forgot to add that I would take boring winning hockey over boring losing hockey? (see the Flames the past three seasons)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I forgot to add that I would take boring winning hockey over boring losing hockey? (see the Flames the past three seasons)

going to back to the seattle sports fan ... I dont know if they would ... they want their flair with their sports teams ... they want an attacking attitude ... they want to nickname their flashy players lol

they tend to get sick of plugs like Mike Carp lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to back to the seattle sports fan ... I dont know if they would ... they want their flair with their sports teams ... they want an attacking attitude ... they want to nickname their flashy players lol

they tend to get sick of plugs like Mike Carp lol

It's too bad they don't have Mike Trout (and missed out on Tim Salmon)

A team of Trout, Salmon, and Carp in Seattle - It markets itself.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Devils fan I must say boring winning hockey is awesome. Don't let anybody tell you differently.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@benmaller: MLS Seattle Sounders more valuable than EIGHT NHL teams. (Tampa, FLA, Nashville, Carolina, NYI, Columbus, PHX, STL)

on that note ... 1 of those NHL teams may possibly one day move to Seattle

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@benmaller: MLS Seattle Sounders more valuable than EIGHT NHL teams. (Tampa, FLA, Nashville, Carolina, NYI, Columbus, PHX, STL)

I'm surprised St. Louis is one of those eight teams

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as an aside should be interesting to see the popularity of/attendance for the Sounders next year

the team is no longer all sunshine and lollipops ... horrible disharmony amongst the players after Dempsey signing ... team lost a bit of its emerald city lustre ... Obafemi Martins wants his release to go play in Turkey :noidea:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It won't be the Isles. They have a 30 year lease beginning in 2015 in Brooklyn. They're not going anywhere.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be the Isles. They have a 30 year lease beginning in 2015 in Brooklyn. They're not going anywhere.

Florida to Seattle and Carolina to Quebec. Quebec and Tampa trade divisions. Seattle obviously joins the Central, right Herr Bettman?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Seattle would be a solid spot for an NHL team. Committed fan base.