• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@TysonGiuriato
King County Council approves the new Seattle Arena proposal. Will invest $80 million if both NBA/NHL come. Now up to Seattle City Council

I hope it gets approved and I hope they put it in the SoDo area (i.e. close to Safeco and CenturyLink)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well seeing the possibility of a stable and 'profitable*' league moving a franchise there I do not think they will be dragging their feet.

*depends on who you listen to or when

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well seeing the possibility of a stable and 'profitable*' league moving a franchise there I do not think they will be dragging their feet.

*depends on who you listen to or when

fold a floundering franchise ... expand to seattle ... all in the same day

/not HRR lol

//i am fully on board with the nhl in seattle now that sister and bro in law have bought a house in Issaquah :thumb:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Issaquah, that's a nice area...I have family south of Seattle (in Renton), so I can see more weekend trips down the road.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle would be cool, but I still think the NHL is missing a golden opportunity in Las Vegas. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to see more Caps' road games. ;)

Question - Would Seattle also start out in the Southeast Division until the figure out some whacky realingnment scheme?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle would be cool, but I still think the NHL is missing a golden opportunity in Las Vegas. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to see more Caps' road games. ;)

Question - Would Seattle also start out in the Southeast Division until the figure out some whacky realingnment scheme?

yeah Im almost wanting a Vegas team just for the road trips alone. Im not really sure it would EVER fly long term there but I love seattle so over night road trips would occur every Canucks game.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,837.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah Im almost wanting a Vegas team just for the road trips alone. Im not really sure it would EVER fly long term there but I love seattle so over night road trips would occur every Canucks game.

cutcaster-photo-100301503-Dotted-LED-Lit-Vegas-Baby-Yeah-Sign-Glowing-Bright-Orange.jpg

Good for Seattle.

Vegas maybe someday...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cutcaster-photo-100301503-Dotted-LED-Lit-Vegas-Baby-Yeah-Sign-Glowing-Bright-Orange.jpg

Good for Seattle.

Vegas maybe someday...

I bet we could get 50% of the regular contributors on here to do one Vegas weekend game. doesn't matter the teams just the fucking debauchery that would occur would be movie worthy.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Hansen is too good to be true lol

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5
JUST IN: Chris Hansen will be buying beers for everyone on Thursday at FX McRory's. I'm not kidding

http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/to-all-of-our-supporters1

To All Our Supporters

Chris Hansen

As you have all read by now, we have reached an agreement with the City Council on the MOU. As I think you can all appreciate, this was a very difficult process and we really did our best to find a solution that addressed the needs of the City and County as well as the concerns of project opponents, while still making this a workable transaction from our perspective. In this regard, I would like to personally thank all of the City Council members for putting so much effort and thoughtfulness into the MOU and our negotiations over the last month. It really took a lot of effort to get this done and your City Council members and their staff really deserve a lot of credit for making this happen.

As I have said in the past, the democratic process is a unique part of our City’s culture and one of the things that makes it great. Thus, even as I feel the initial transaction terms we offered were exceptional and amongst the best ever offered to a city for an Arena, I am truly happy that we were able to find the common ground to reach an agreement that addressed the concerns of both Councils and the various stakeholders in the SoDo neighborhood — that’s what getting things done is all about.

But most of all, I would just like to thank all of you for all of your support. All of the emails and letters to council members, the turnout at the City and County Council hearings, the rally at Occidental Park, and the flood of Green and Gold throughout our City for the entire summer... Your voices were heard and your hearts spoke volumes. I really hope you all just appreciate how much it meant and what a difference each and every one of you made. Anyone who thinks Seattle doesn’t have great sports fans with incredible passion doesn’t know what they are talking about. As one fan told me at Bumbershoot last weekend, “they can tear out my heart bro, but they can never take my Sonic Soul.”

And on that note, I would personally like to buy you all a beer at FX McRory's this Thursday from 5-7. First beer for everyone is on me.
— Chris Hansen

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's still a few years away, but I hope this doesn't negatively impact the Silvertips and Thunderbirds too much...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's still a few years away, but I hope this doesn't negatively impact the Silvertips and Thunderbirds too much...

personally, I think it kills the TBirds ... I think Silvertips can coexist ... hope the NHL team takes the Tbird name :bolt:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Seattle (based on Quebec construction scandal history)

I think Seattle would be cool. The close proximity to teams like Vancouver, Edmonton & Calgary would make travel easier for some division games. At least that's the division I would put them in anyway.

I wonder if the NHL would rather move Dallas out of the Pacific though?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I hope so too. The Seattle and Portland/Spokane/Tri-City rivalries have all been around for 25+ years. The Thunderbirds were smart enough to get out of Seattle while they could, their new 6,000 seat arena is in Kent which is a little bit south of Seattle, but we'll see if they are able to keep fans going even after the new arena is built. I hope it works out. With a new arena for NBA/NHL and the area already having the Mariners, Seahawks and Sounders, that's quite a lot of sporting events to choose from. I agree with jstew that the Tips are far enough away that they'll be fine.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I hope so too. The Seattle and Portland/Spokane/Tri-City rivalries have all been around for 25+ years. The Thunderbirds were smart enough to get out of Seattle while they could, their new 6,000 seat arena is in Kent which is a little bit south of Seattle, but we'll see if they are able to keep fans going even after the new arena is built. I hope it works out. With a new arena for NBA/NHL and the area already having the Mariners, Seahawks and Sounders, that's quite a lot of sporting events to choose from. I agree with jstew that the Tips are far enough away that they'll be fine.

does any city in NA have (or will have ... ie: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/husky-...0105--ncaaf.html;_ylt=A2KJjalEsU9QxzYAEc_wFAx.) more new stadiums/arenas than seattle ... just nuts ... lucky bastards

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does any city in NA have (or will have ... ie: Husky Stadium Renovation Halfway Completed - Yahoo! Sports.) more new stadiums/arenas than seattle ... just nuts ... lucky bastards

It's insane isn't it? Just about every major sports franchise in or near Seattle will be playing in a stadium that's been built since 1999

Mariners - Safeco Field (1999)
Seahawks/Sounders - Centurylink Field (2002)
Silvertips - Comcast Arena (2003)
Thunderbirds - Showare Center (2009)
Washington Huskies - Husky Stadium (2013)
NBA/NHL - ?? (2014?)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I better keep buying my milk in Bellingham to help support the Washington State economy...