• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I better keep buying my milk in Bellingham to help support the Washington State economy...

Word is all the complaining by Washington residents to Costco has resulted in enlarging the Costco in Bellingham & other parts of Washington Canadians frequent.

So hopefully parking will improve.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I better keep buying my milk in Bellingham to help support the Washington State economy...

Filling up bags with gas would be even better. :p

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been to the Showare Center, but it looks pretty nice...

Kent2.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the M's ulterior motives

Why The Mariners Are The Biggest Opponents Of A New NBA Arena In Seattle

There's a theory I quite like, one that notes that the Mariners have an opt-out clause in their TV deal with Root Sports, one that becomes available in three years. It'd be natural to assume that the next step is their own regional sports network. RSNs are the wave of the present, and for now at least, can print money at will. The M's, with all their Japanese benefactor cash, would be foolish not to start their own RSN, and probably want to do so at the first opportunity. But that opportunity doesn't come until 2015 at the earliest—by which time Hansen might have revived the SuperSonics and started his own network, and Seattle's not a big enough city for two RSNs. If there's anything to this theory (and there's no evidence beyond logical conjecture), the Mariners don't need to stop the Sodo arena, don't need to keep basketball from returning to Seattle—they only need to drag the process out a few more years.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess what Howie and Chuck if you want more money PUT TOGETHER A WINNING BALLCLUB!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair (reported) M's did set a record this season for most total wins by all teams within a minor league system ... But until they start turning the minor league talent into big league talent, theyll continue to suck

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fold and expand ... the circle of life

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brilliant, more owners means more votes to approve a lockout next time around with these CBA negotiations.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fold and expand ... the circle of life

I just don't know how Seattle hockey fans would react to an expansion franchise (maybe I'm wrong, but for a NHL team to be successful in Seattle, it would certainly have to be a playoff team in short order).

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know how Seattle hockey fans would react to an expansion franchise (maybe I'm wrong, but for a NHL team to be successful in Seattle, it would certainly have to be a playoff team in short order).

to be fair ... the coyotes made it to the conference finals last year

/fold and expand

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Unless you move to a market that's a lock to support hockey (Minnesota for example), you need some sort of success from the on ice product. Trying to draw new fans with inexperienced guys and other teams castoffs is not going to work (see number of new Islander fans).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair ... the coyotes made it to the conference finals last year

/fold and expand

Call me a Mike Smith hater if you will, but that Coyotes run was more freak luck and a goalie playing out of his mind.

/Crawford folding like a cheap card table didn't hurt either...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Unless you move to a market that's a lock to support hockey (Minnesota for example), you need some sort of success from the on ice product. Trying to draw new fans with inexperienced guys and other teams castoffs is not going to work (see number of new Islander fans).

worked for the Seattle Sounders

theyre a different market ... i think they might support hockey just because its new and shiny in their town ... at least for a couple of years