• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, which is why Chris Hansen's arena proposal is refreshing, because the amount of public dollars is minimal compared to the overall price of the value.

Thanks for the welcome :D

"What did you think was going to happen here tonight? Did you think you were going to get taxpayer dollars to build this?"

PS - Welcome, super!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be funny that the Seattle Metropolitans will not be playing in the Metropolitan division...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be funny that the Seattle Metropolitans will not be playing in the Metropolitan division...

Oh man, it'd be a shame if they had to change the division name we've come to know and love so it's not the same as a team name.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, which is why Chris Hansen's arena proposal is refreshing, because the amount of public dollars is minimal compared to the overall price of the value.

They could name it the "Chris Hansen Dateline Arena" and use the slogan "Why don't you come on in and have a seat?"

Hilarity would ensue everytime the Predators come to town.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Daniels is at the BoG Meeting, looks like he will have some comments about Seattle and the NHL, his tweet:

“@ChrisDaniels5: We'll tell you what owners are saying about #Seattle, and the #NHL coming up live tonight from Pebble Beach at 10/11 on KONG/KING5.”

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much new, just some more positive rumblings.

Has the door opened for the NHL in Seattle? | KING5.com Seattle
“I believe the NHL will work very, very well in Seattle,” said Tod Leiweke, the former Seahawks, Sounders, and Portland Trailblazers CEO. He’s now running the day-to-day operations of the NHL’s Tampa Bay Lightning, and is a minority investor in the franchise. He sat in on the meeting this afternoon.

“Hockey will work in Seattle,” he says bluntly after the meeting wrapped up at the hotel Monday. He says the league has taken notice of the fan support for the Seahawks, and Sounders in particular, and that it could be a selling point for any expansion franchise.

“The Roar of the 12th man is magnificent,” said Leiweke, and says the fan base performed brilliantly on the recent Monday night game. “16 million people saw that game. The building literally shook.”

“I think the league sees that, the aura of the market right now,” adds Leiweke, noting that the market size, and timing could be right. “It bodes well for expansion.”

He did state again that there were sources that bettman wanted a team in Seattle for 2014-2015 season, but the NHL denied that.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a lot of these sports teams want new multi 100 million dollar arenas now. It's getting to the point where tax payers are going to say enough already. The economy is not doing well yet millionaire and billionaire owners want the taxpayers to pay for their new play pens so they can keep up with the Jones.

BTW welcome aboard Super.

Yup and in the NBA's case they'll use the "we'll move your team to Seattle if you don't build an arena" argument for every damn one of these teams that "needs" a new arena. David Stern is scum though, so that type of tactic is to be expected.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is hoping that Chris Daniels asks some hard hitting questions about Expansion today. I need information :D

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EJ Hradek of NHL Network will be on the air in Seattle Sports Radio KJR between 12-3pm. Listen online at Iheart.com

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 15m
Just finished with #NHL Commish Bettman and Deputy Commish Daly. They've ruled out expansion by 14'-15', say not ranking cities.

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 14m
Bettman and Daly acknowledge lots of interest in expansion franchise and taking "meetings"... #NHL

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 13m
However, Daly says there needs to be a "confluence" of factors, including arena/stable ownership and they're not there yet. #NHL

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 12m
Daly also says, and this may be important, league is NOT limited to expanding by just one team, if there is that "confluence." #NHL

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 12m
Daly also says, and this may be important, league is NOT limited to expanding by just one team, if there is that "confluence." #NHL

so its toronto team #2 and someone else :nod:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Markham? I though that was a non-starter ever since City Council said no public dollars?

i bet in the end ... toronto team #2 ends up being a tenant in ACC (a la Lakers/Clippers) ... satisfies MLSE as they get to be landlord and rake revenue

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Levin On Seattle:

“I think it’s San Jose on steroids,” Levin said in a phone interview Wednesday night. “It’s a very good market, a very good sports market and they do a great job with their teams. Currently there’s no winter sports and it looks like basketball won’t be there for a few years, anyway, and I think you’d have a few years to develop a market. I think that if somebody really wanted to develop a hockey team could do well there, but it’s going to cost a lot of money and potentially a lot of time.”

Which cities best fit Gary Bettman?s criteria for NHL expansion? - The Globe and Mail

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should expand to Toronto and Quebec City and move two teams, probably Florida and Phoenix, to Kansas City and Portland.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also loved this comment:
“And then I’d like to be able to put a team in a market that could afford to pay up for the best players because my whole interest in this is having a winning team.”

and this one:
Levin, who founded the AHL’s Wolves in 1994, said building rinks around the area for youth hockey would be crucial, too.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe Seattle needs to secure a NBA franchise before NHL expansion really gets rolling. A NBA franchise will get arena construction moving full steam ahead. Key Arena is not feasible.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should expand to Toronto and Quebec City and move two teams, probably Florida and Phoenix, to Kansas City and Portland.

I don't think you're going to see Florida get relocated, Vinnie Viola as the owner of the team now so I don't think you'll see that happening

Expansion is going to happen imo - Seattle and Quebec City are my two guesses

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe Seattle needs to secure a NBA franchise before NHL expansion really gets rolling. A NBA franchise will get arena construction moving full steam ahead. Key Arena is not feasible.

Most believe that the NHL is more likely to come than the NBA. If your the NHL I would think you would want to be lone dog in the town before the NBA gets here.