• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Panthers, that's the most logical way to go about this IMO.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Panthers, that's the most logical way to go about this IMO.

Really? I think Vinnie 'Sweet Music' Viola deserves a chance as Panthers owner before relocating the team, besides, Herr Bettman only moves a team when it's truly on its deathbed.

Edit: I'm with Cobie, either Seattle gets a team via the expansion route or Seattle gets the Coyotes five years down the line when the current owners have lost more than $50 million and exercise their out clause.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 teams in the Western Conference, 16 teams in the Eastern Conference. Moving the Panthers to the Western Conference would balance the conferences. If you give Seattle an expansion team, you still have to add another team out West to balance the 2 conferences. Relocating the Panthers to Seattle makes the most sense to me.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 teams in the Western Conference, 16 teams in the Eastern Conference. Moving the Panthers to the Western Conference would balance the conferences. If you give Seattle an expansion team, you still have to add another team out West to balance the 2 conferences. Relocating the Panthers to Seattle makes the most sense to me.

I think you're more likely to see a 32 team NHL with 16 teams in each conference - NHL owners are salivating over expansion dollars.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
challenges are the future financial situation of moving teams as Dash stated then come the legality being in Seattle. Bettman wont back down from any possibilities, if the coyotes move to seattle Phoenix would still be a hockey opportunity....nothing wrong with that (IMO)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're more likely to see a 32 team NHL with 16 teams in each conference - NHL owners are salivating over expansion dollars.

Yeah the league can get more money via expansion - you're not going to relocate unless they're completely dead and out of the water

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!!!!......throwback fan .....I would like to see the merchandise

I guess I showed my age, could be.....

The Seattle Bloom ?

Seattle Spirit ?

or is that still too throw back? LOL.

BTW, The merchandise would be interesting.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL - Options growing for league expansion - ESPN

Nice Meaty article about Las Vegas and Seattle. Since it is behind a paywall I will just summarize the main points

They looked at Bettman's 3 main points for expansion: Market size, Owner, Arena.

For Seattle the article posted evidence of the Cities Market size, as well as corporate dollars & support

For Arena, they posted quotes from Mayor Mcginn's former aid that the MOU may or may not need to be revised.

For Owners, they stated there were 3 owner groups (Which I had put together before by putting the pieces together= EJ Hradek stated Bartosek and Mystery German guy. Stephen Whyno brought Levin back into the fold. That is 3 owners). Bigger piece was that Bettman would try to work those 3 groups in bidding against each other to get the best deal.

They also had comments from Vancouver GM who stated that Vancouver would really like it for Seattle to have a team, and a player with the Tampa Bay Lightning who spoke to the fans and fan support in the Seattle area.

He also mentioned Vegas might be used to leverage Seattle in ponying up more money. Which sucks.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id go to a canucks v metropolitans winter classic at safeco

Bb8N3tlIUAAjfkD.jpg