• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy IRONy out of Pittsburgh

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have missed it skimming the thread, but Mario's statement today that the Penguins are a team that is lacking character is quite the indictment, in my opinion.

What was the exact quote? I, obviously, have not read the interview.

I would imagine the Captain took that as a punch in the chest.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the exact quote? I, obviously, have not read the interview.

I would imagine the Captain took that as a punch in the chest.

DK: What’s the best way to describe what was announced today?

Burkle: Well, let’s start with this: We start here with a lot of great qualities. We’ve got a community that gives us a lot of support, the fans, the youth hockey, a lot of different areas that allow us to run to the cap if that’s the place we need to be. And we wake up every day with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. So we wake up in a pretty good place.

We aren’t happy to be in the top quartile. If you make it to this round, you’re in the top quartile. That’s good enough for some. It isn’t where we want to be. And as we looked at this team as a whole, the whole year and not Game 7, we don’t think we’ve got a team that’s got all the ingredients we’d need to have for a championship team. And all the things we’d expected to have for a championship team. So, to us, well before Game 7, we looked at how best we’d need to find those things …

Lemieux: The grit, the character. Even on the special teams, you’ve got to have some guys in the playoffs with grit, with character, as well as speed.

DK: Now, you always had that around you, that grit and character. No matter who you had to tick off, you made sure you had it.

Lemieux: (Laughs) Like I’ve said before, it’s a two-month tournament. To get to the end, you’ve got to go through a lot of adversity.

DK: Now, when some hear that, they think right away of fighters. That’s not what it’s about, is it?

Lemieux: No, just players who have some grit and character. We felt that was lacking this year.

Don't think he was referring to Sid, but what do I know?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think he was referring to Sid, but what do I know?

Yeah, I don't take that as a stab directly at Sid either. But a Captain hearing that from ownership is going to take it heart anyway.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I understand this.

I like both Shero and Bylsma. You can knock Shero's drafting, but I'd say that's more on the scouts. I've never been an NHL executive but I've got to think that GMs are just puppets to scouts on draft day.

Bylsma IMO is a good coach that is well past his expiration date. Just get him out

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 10m
Agent Pat Brisson has decided to remain in the agent business and will not be pursuing the PIT GM job.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole situation is just screwy. It's also ruined sports talk radio for me until they hire a new GM honestly. The insanity with which people are discussing this team is mind melting. Heard on the radio today: Sid's playoff struggles result from him feeling guilt over the Dupuis injury, in which he embellished a hit and collided with his linemate, thus injuring him. THAT WAS LITERALLY SAID. That in addition to speculation about him forcing out a coach (who isn't even gone) and calling the shots (Brisson rumors) are just...insane. There's a crazy amount of people saying he threw the playoffs to get his way. Because yeah, that's what he was thinking. "Maybe if I just decide to not show up this postseason I can get my own GM and coach! And make all the decisions!"

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a crazy amount of people saying he threw the playoffs to get his way. Because yeah, that's what he was thinking. "Maybe if I just decide to not show up this postseason I can get my own GM and coach! And make all the decisions!"

I knew it! Finally the truth comes out.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: I thought it was mind-bottling?

mindbottling.jpg

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole situation is just screwy. It's also ruined sports talk radio for me until they hire a new GM honestly. The insanity with which people are discussing this team is mind melting. Heard on the radio today: Sid's playoff struggles result from him feeling guilt over the Dupuis injury, in which he embellished a hit and collided with his linemate, thus injuring him. THAT WAS LITERALLY SAID. That in addition to speculation about him forcing out a coach (who isn't even gone) and calling the shots (Brisson rumors) are just...insane. There's a crazy amount of people saying he threw the playoffs to get his way. Because yeah, that's what he was thinking. "Maybe if I just decide to not show up this postseason I can get my own GM and coach! And make all the decisions!"

I knew it! Finally the truth comes out.

Any way we can come up with a clever rhyme like this kid:

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whenever I want to feel better about my life, I tune in to sports radio call in shows :D