• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what Holmgren was thinking when he acquired Streit MacDonald. I had no problem seeing them leave the Isles.

Does anybody else think McDavid can't save the Oilers?

Mark Streit was a good move, he's a legitimately good player

A-Mac we can all agree on

As for the Oilers, they need defense anyway

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Streit was a good move, he's a legitimately good player

A-Mac we can all agree on

As for the Oilers, they need defense anyway

They won't take the 3rd rated player if they're picking in the top 2 though. I wouldn't blame them either. Have to take one of the two forwards. This team plays their top prospects to soon & it ends up being a mistake just about every time.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oilers would have to play .500 hockey the rest of the way to surpass 60 points (14 games left). The Oilers have yet to have played .500 hockey over a 14 game stretch this season.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The oilers need another 51 goals to hit the magic 410 mark

/for last season and this season combined.

//On the flip side of that, they hit 410 goals allowed between last season and this on January 11th.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Van Diest @SUNdvandiest
Eberle on why #Oilers pp is better: I think maybe on the start of the year we were really focused on shooting the puck and corsi numbers...

First off, I thought Corsi was just concerned with even strength shots, but more importantly, did Dellow have that much influence on the team during his short time there?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Van Diest @SUNdvandiest
Eberle on why #Oilers pp is better: I think maybe on the start of the year we were really focused on shooting the puck and corsi numbers...

First off, I thought Corsi was just concerned with even strength shots, but more importantly, did Dellow have that much influence on the team during his short time there?
You're right, but I think you understand what he's saying. Emphasis was on getting pucks to the net.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, but I think you understand what he's saying. Emphasis was on getting pucks to the net.

I remember Scott Cullen either tweeting or commenting in his power rankings early in the season that the Oilers were trending upwards due to the fact that their Corsi numbers were improved over last year's numbers.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Scott Cullen either tweeting or commenting in his power rankings early in the season that the Oilers were trending upwards due to the fact that their Corsi numbers were improved over last year's numbers.
I mean, when the numbers are bottom of the league and they go up to second-from-bottom I guess he's technically right.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
courtesy of the weekly ESPN NHL Power Rankings:

The Oilers host the Maple Leafs on Monday night. And according to official NHL rules, two points must be given out to the winning team even if while holding your nose doing it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what the heck does this mean (aside from the Oilers being in full-tank mode):

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor
I don't think it'd be fair to sit me down for the rest of the year if I'm healthy. I want to finish the year with some confidence." Hall

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what the heck does this mean (aside from the Oilers being in full-tank mode):

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor
I don't think it'd be fair to sit me down for the rest of the year if I'm healthy. I want to finish the year with some confidence." Hall
Injury-prone and Oilers don't want to risk him in case a trade opportunity arises in the offseason?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury-prone and Oilers don't want to risk him in case a trade opportunity arises in the offseason?

I thnk trading Taylor Hall would be a very bold move - Much too bold for Craig McTepid.

/I just thought of that one and I like it - Craig McTepid.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thnk trading Taylor Hall would be a very bold move - Much too bold for Craig McTepid.

/I just thought of that one and I like it - Craig McTepid.

Someone needs to photoshop his face and make it blue

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't take the 3rd rated player if they're picking in the top 2 though. I wouldn't blame them either. Have to take one of the two forwards. This team plays their top prospects to soon & it ends up being a mistake just about every time.

I see that AZ has "caught" EDM for the second worst record. The odds are increasing daily that EDM might not have one of the top 2 picks.

So, if EDM is drafting third, do they take another young unproven with potential, or should they seriously consider trading the pick for a solid Dman (or more)? And I am thinking more like Phaneuf quality than Petry quality:D

For that matter, what if they end up with #2? What makes more sense for EDM? Eichel or a proven NHL quality D man (plus...)?

If I am EDM, I think I make a trade if it is out there in June.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that AZ has "caught" EDM for the second worst record. The odds are increasing daily that EDM might not have one of the top 2 picks.

So, if EDM is drafting third, do they take another young unproven with potential, or should they seriously consider trading the pick for a solid Dman (or more)? And I am thinking more like Phaneuf quality than Petry quality:D

For that matter, what if they end up with #2? What makes more sense for EDM? Eichel or a proven NHL quality D man (plus...)?

If I am EDM, I think I make a trade if it is out there in June.
If they have the second pick, they're taking Eichel. Nobody is letting him slip, and nobody is trading a top 4 pick this year. If Edmonton have the third pick, they'll take Strome. They simply need a centre in the worst way, and chances are they destroyed Draisaitl already.

Further, I think teams drafting 6-10 are going to get some really, really good steals. I can't see a defenceman being drafted by any of the bottom 4 teams right now, and that means guys like Hanifin, Provorov and Werenski are going to wind up being chosen closer to 10th than 1st.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have the second pick, they're taking Eichel. Nobody is letting him slip, and nobody is trading a top 4 pick this year. If Edmonton have the third pick, they'll take Strome. They simply need a centre in the worst way, and chances are they destroyed Draisaitl already.

Further, I think teams drafting 6-10 are going to get some really, really good steals. I can't see a defenceman being drafted by any of the bottom 4 teams right now, and that means guys like Hanifin, Provorov and Werenski are going to wind up being chosen closer to 10th than 1st.

Soo, if Edmonton is picking third then the Jackets (Somewhere between 5 and 8 it seems) can give them a solid D Man (Johnson) and their 1st rounder for EDMs first and second rounder? EDM, if smart, could build a D core in one day.

Yes, I said "if smart".

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't think the Oilers will take Hanifin at #3? I'd be kind of surprised if they didn't.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soo, if Edmonton is picking third then the Jackets (Somewhere between 5 and 8 it seems) can give them a solid D Man (Johnson) and their 1st rounder for EDMs first and second rounder? EDM, if smart, could build a D core in one day.

Yes, I said "if smart".

Johnson is solid like the turd in my toilet bowl is solid

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I said "if smart".
Nobody wants Jack Johnson, man.