• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naked Ball Sack in Red Socks - Flames Fan

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirty, dangerous and unpunished hit - James Kneel

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell, I laughed:

@Sun_Tychkowski: Laurent Brossoit said he isn’t going to rush it. So I said ‘I wouldn’t be in a rush to play goal for the Oilers, either.’ The PR guy got mad”

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Jones ‏@realshanejones
How bad are the Oilers? The Edmonton Sun didn't even include them in the standings today.

Bj1ggvACQAEn516.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even google thinks the Oilers are awful:

TheCalgaryFlamesAre.png

TheEdmontonOilersAre.png

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton will be facing a NYR team with Carcillo on line 1 :L talk about fucking comedy Gold tomorrow night. And Talbot in net.

Tomorrow night will be a shit show

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this team has been out of the playoffs this year since 2011 but man does this team fraking blow. not one player Ives even tonight is playing to win wow

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scrivens looks lost out there, let in a really bad shot on the PP from Brassard and has misplayed the puck multiple times.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - This reminds me of a while back when some media pundits were seriously suggesting that Alabama could beat the dregs of the NFL. Uh no, that wouldn't happen and the Oil Kings wouldn't get a sniff against a bad Oilers team either.

/I know you're joking, Kenny.

Both of these are at least more tolerable than when someone says that a girl or two playing in the women's NCAA tournament could play on a Division 1 men's team.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some funny post game comments from Hall and Eakins on That's Hockey 2 Nite:

First, Hall says that they're not scoring enough and even Florida has scored more goals than the Oilers. I'm not sure why he picked Florida to single out, especially since there are 23 teams that have outscored the Oilers, and Florida isn't one of them. Then, he goes on to say that their problem is that they're playing defence too much and with the skill they have, they should be controlling the puck more and scoring more.

Cut to Eakins saying there's a misconception that the Oilers are a skilled offensive team. "This is not a high-powered offensive team. It's not. The history over the last four or five years shows that."

It's tough to get things straightened out when the coach and best player aren't on the same page.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scrivens looks like that guy that signed the extension only because he knows there would be no other positions available for him on another team. I would guess that if the NHL said to that team, "guys look you dont have to play anymore games this year just go on vacation and we wont fine you, you will lose anyway so those teams will just get points" almost every single player on that team would take it. this is an abysmal team, they make my team look like they are the 2011 team again

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scrivens looks like that guy that signed the extension only because he knows there would be no other positions available for him on another team. I would guess that if the NHL said to that team, "guys look you dont have to play anymore games this year just go on vacation and we wont fine you, you will lose anyway so those teams will just get points" almost every single player on that team would take it. this is an abysmal team, they make my team look like they are the 2011 team again

30 number 1 jobs ... cant blame him for taking it if the Coilers were offering

I posted this in the Ongoing NHL thread after a NHL Save% leaders list was posted a couple weeks back

I dont know about this ... i wouldnt count 25 games as statistical flukes ... just too small a sample size imo ... hard to say if the numbers of Scrivens and Khudobin are sustainable with more games/more pressure/less rest (in eddie lacks case - no more psychologically knowing a Luongo is there if you shit the bed)

went on hockey reference and saw there have been 29 player/seasons of goalies with a .920 save% or higher since 2005-2006

set the criteria at 40 games played or higher

the lowest games played by a goalie of the 29 player/seasons with a .920 or better was 58 games played

in the 6 starts since for Scrivens, his save % has gone down 10 points :noidea:

/on that note, alternatively, Khudobin has bettered his Save % by 5 points in 6 starts ... still maintain the view that its not a large enough sample and if Khudobin was given a starters workload for a full season his save% wouldnt be that high

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no I dont blame him at all.

watching the game last night was weird. it was sooooo quiet during all the Rangers goals just total defeat top to bottom.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 number 1 jobs ... cant blame him for taking it if the Coilers were offering

I posted this in the Ongoing NHL thread after a NHL Save% leaders list was posted a couple weeks back

I dont know about this ... i wouldnt count 25 games as statistical flukes ... just too small a sample size imo ... hard to say if the numbers of Scrivens and Khudobin are sustainable with more games/more pressure/less rest (in eddie lacks case - no more psychologically knowing a Luongo is there if you shit the bed)

went on hockey reference and saw there have been 29 player/seasons of goalies with a .920 save% or higher since 2005-2006

set the criteria at 40 games played or higher

the lowest games played by a goalie of the 29 player/seasons with a .920 or better was 58 games played

in the 6 starts since for Scrivens, his save % has gone down 10 points :noidea:

/on that note, alternatively, Khudobin has bettered his Save % by 5 points in 6 starts ... still maintain the view that its not a large enough sample and if Khudobin was given a starters workload for a full season his save% wouldnt be that high

Even though Carolina isn't that great of a team, the situation is better than Edmonton so it's hard to blame Ben Scrivens - they've all fell apart in front of him

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you sell bringing back Eakins next season to the players/fans? Wouldn't be surprised at all to see MacT return behind the bench.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you sell bringing back Eakins next season to the players/fans? Wouldn't be surprised at all to see MacT return behind the bench.

COACH TRADE VERSION 2!!!!

/NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!