• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland: “Jay, let’s do lunch. What’s your favourite spot?”

Woodcroft: “I’m pretty simple, I like Joey’s or Cactus.”

Holland: :D

To be fair, they're stepping things up. Smitty's used to be the go-to place.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Overpay him and trade for Bob. That will shore up their goaltending.

Say what you will about Mike Smith (he certainly brings on a lot of the hate himself via his actions), but he did get the Oilers to round 3 of the playoffs and the team/media/fans are pushing him out the door with one year left on his contract. Business as usual in Edmonton, I guess,

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yuck, another feel good story this offseason.....

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yuck, another feel good story this offseason.....

It makes you wonder if Bettman steps in and forces Katz to sell the Oilers if he's found guilty. Of course, nobody really was punished for the Blackhawks scandal, so who really knows.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF... Lock him up
And anyone who counts as "my guys" who processed the payments and didn't say anything. And I wouldn''t really let them claim they didn't know. How many reasons would there be for someone have to pay 75 grand to a 17 year old girl that isn't related to them? There are plenty of ways to report that.
It makes you wonder if Bettman steps in and forces Katz to sell the Oilers if he's found guilty. Of course, nobody really was punished for the Blackhawks scandal, so who really knows.
Doubtful unless the pressure gets too high from the public. Bettman would never allow himself to do anything to make any owner think he would make any of them suffer a consequence for anything they do.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really love hockey but some of the people associated with the sport make it difficult to be a fan.

The NHL really needs to take a better stance than it did with the Blackhawks. If they keep trying to sweep things under the rug, the only recourse fans will have is to not ‘vote’ for the league with their dollars.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve voted no going on over 5 years now.

/except when I’m comped suite level tix at Staples Center but that hasn’t happened since before the pandemic

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really love hockey but some of the people associated with the sport make it difficult to be a fan.

The NHL really needs to take a better stance than it did with the Blackhawks. If they keep trying to sweep things under the rug, the only recourse fans will have is to not ‘vote’ for the league with their dollars.

I was putting together a post last night in a similar vein to what Slim posted above. I used to be a pretty big wrestling fan, but when Chris Benoit lost his mind and killed his wife, son, and then himself, I essentially stopped watching. I find myself becoming less of a hockey fan as time goes by and the stories coming out of the toxic hockey culture certainly doesn't help. I know that there are many good people in the game of hockey, but people in positions of responsibility/authority need to sound the alarm when people on their team/organization do very bad things.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was putting together a post last night in a similar vein to what Slim posted above. I used to be a pretty big wrestling fan, but when Chris Benoit lost his mind and killed his wife, son, and then himself, I essentially stopped watching. I find myself becoming less of a hockey fan as time goes by and the stories coming out of the toxic hockey culture certainly doesn't help. I know that there are many good people in the game of hockey, but people in positions of responsibility/authority need to sound the alarm when people on their team/organization do very bad things.
I think the NHL is in a pivotal time for how I move forward as a hockey fan

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NHL is in a pivotal time for how I move forward as a hockey fan

There are several issues that the league either refuses to address or doesn't believe they exist - For me, they include the following:

- State of officiating
- Department of player safety and supplemental discipline rulings
- Cap circumvention via LTIR shenanigans
- Elimination of the draft lottery to prevent tanking
- Flexible cap formulas for teams to ensure competitive balance