• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fb_W_dIXoAAI4cM

200w.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Oilers legit had a good off-season. If Campbell holds I have them second in the west behind the Avs.

So trading Puljujarvi to make room for Virtanen would just be so delightful.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Oilers legit had a good off-season. If Campbell holds I have them second in the west behind the Avs.

So trading Puljujarvi to make room for Virtanen would just be so delightful.

I think the Oilers are getting drunk on feel-good kool-aid over their playoff victory over the Flames when in reality the Flames played terrible against them and two key players for the Flames (Gaudreau and Tkachuk) only showed up for one game in that series (that being the 9-6 win) and were basically no-shows for the rest of the series. Every break that could have gone their way indeed went their way (Markstrom forgetting how to play goal, Tanev out of the lineup, the Coleman no-goal that we all know was a goal). We'll see if the Oilers are actually better this season, but I wouldn't be betting the farm on Jack Campbell and Stuart Skinner as my goaltending duo.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Oilers are getting drunk on feel-good kool-aid over their playoff victory over the Flames when in reality the Flames played terrible against them and two key players for the Flames (Gaudreau and Tkachuk) only showed up for one game in that series (that being the 9-6 win) and were basically no-shows for the rest of the series. Every break that could have gone their way indeed went their way (Markstrom forgetting how to play goal, Tanev out of the lineup, the Coleman no-goal that we all know was a goal). We'll see if the Oilers are actually better this season, but I wouldn't be betting the farm on Jack Campbell and Stuart Skinner as my goaltending duo.
I would bet the sod and cucumber farm only if Curtis Sanford is the goalie coach. He’s not their coach, is he?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably but they are a team that, right now, can roll 3 good lines, have a good 2nd pair if Bouchard takes another step, and a good starter if Good Campbell shows up.

They still have Ceci as 1RD and Barrie in their lineup which isn't good but even if Campbell isn't as good as he was at his best in Toronto he can still probably be good enough for Edmonton to keep outscoring their problems and Holland has picks and prospects now to make a deadline pickup or two.

Most of their western opposition from last season got worse this summer. Kings and Canucks might be able to take a step forward but the Kings don't have a good goalie and the Canucks' blue line is basically held together by very expensive scotch tape. I think it'd take an absolute disaster for Edmonton to not run the table during the regular season at least.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably but they are a team that, right now, can roll 3 good lines, have a good 2nd pair if Bouchard takes another step, and a good starter if Good Campbell shows up.

They still have Ceci as 1RD and Barrie in their lineup which isn't good but even if Campbell isn't as good as he was at his best in Toronto he can still probably be good enough for Edmonton to keep outscoring their problems and Holland has picks and prospects now to make a deadline pickup or two.

Most of their western opposition from last season got worse this summer. Kings and Canucks might be able to take a step forward but the Kings don't have a good goalie and the Canucks' blue line is basically held together by very expensive scotch tape. I think it'd take an absolute disaster for Edmonton to not run the table during the regular season at least.

Oh I agree, barring McDavid getting hurt and missing significant time, there's no way they miss the playoffs. I also think the Kings and Canucks will certainly be better this season, a full season of Bruce has me thinking that Vancouver will be in the hunt for 2nd or 3rd place in the Pacific. Not sure about the Flames, they could finish anywhere from 1st place to 4th in the Pacific, Weegar will help out the defense, can Hubi and Kadri replace the points that Johnny and Matthew put up? I think that's a tall order.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the best hockey player in the world, but certainly not the brightest...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a possibility that this twitter account is a Flames fan posing as an Oilers fan (nope, not me lol)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a possibility that this twitter account is a Flames fan posing as an Oilers fan (nope, not me lol)

That account is incredibly over the top

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In short, Edmonton trades for Kane, pays nothing in return and there's a cap hit on his former team who's a division rival.

Edmonton wins.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, why does this guy always look so awkward in photos?