• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I counted right, we have 5 games left against non-playoff contending teams, while the hurricanes and penguins have 3. So, there's some opportunity to make up ground.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I counted right, we have 5 games left against non-playoff contending teams, while the hurricanes and penguins have 3. So, there's some opportunity to make up ground.

Good game last night, it could have gone either way, Flames cashed in on some opportunities and the Jackets were stymied by Rittich as well as his posts. Good news is that Columbus gets Edmonton next.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

News like this is the only thing preventing me from drawing out the pitchforks and heading downtown. The prospect pool is pretty good and I think we can survive two years of limited draft picks. I would prefer to see results right now, of course. But provided we don't lose Duchene and Dzingel this summer, I think we'll be fine in the long run.

Alexander Texier, Trey Fix-Wolanski, Liam Foudy and Emil Bemstrom could all make the roster next year (as could Sherwood, Robinson and Stenlund). Plus if Gavrikov comes over and Peeke keeps showing the skills, we might have some D prospects. And there are 3 legit NHL goalies in the pipeline. We have some tradeable assets right now to fill holes.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slight hitch. He isnn't going to the AHL and signed one year ELC which he will burn and then sign his first deal after that as a one-way NHL deal.

Kinda like the balls. He is essentially saying he is ready to be the starter and doesn't want to fuck around.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News like this is the only thing preventing me from drawing out the pitchforks and heading downtown. The prospect pool is pretty good and I think we can survive two years of limited draft picks. I would prefer to see results right now, of course. But provided we don't lose Duchene and Dzingel this summer, I think we'll be fine in the long run.

Alexander Texier, Trey Fix-Wolanski, Liam Foudy and Emil Bemstrom could all make the roster next year (as could Sherwood, Robinson and Stenlund). Plus if Gavrikov comes over and Peeke keeps showing the skills, we might have some D prospects. And there are 3 legit NHL goalies in the pipeline. We have some tradeable assets right now to fill holes.

I watched Fix-Wolanski live this weekend against the Hitmen. If he makes the NHL next year I'll be VERY surprised. Foudy is legit though he may need some seasoning to polish his offensive game.

Bemstrom looks like a steal.

Haven't watched Texier but he sounds good. Like most teams they are lacking elite guys. If they lose all the UFAs I think they're in trouble for a few years.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Fix-Wolanski live this weekend against the Hitmen. If he makes the NHL next year I'll be VERY surprised. Foudy is legit though he may need some seasoning to polish his offensive game.

Haven't watched Texier but he sounds good. Like most teams they are lacking elite guys. If they lose all the UFAs I think they're in trouble for a few years.

The leagues some of these guys are coming from is a concern. Texier played against men, but it was in Liga. So that's not even the top Euro league. He lit it up, but will it translate? The good news is he's a big guy and only getting bigger.

TFW played solid in the dub but again, not the top league. He played really well at Traverse City last year, Of the prospects, he has the hardest road. I expect Foudy and Bemstrom to definitely be there.

As for the UFAs, I think it's going to be fine. Bob is as good as gone already and Panarin is playing like he doesn't want to get hurt since the deadline. Both are done. Dzingel considers Columbus his second home and has basically said "I hope they want me" when asked about it. Duchene is fitting in well and maybe more importantly apparently Mrs Duchene and Mrs Atkinson have been bonding well. They both have young sons and the Duchenes are living in Cam's old apartment downtown. Plus Duchene's wife has family in the area. And he let it slip that he felt Ottawa's reported offer was "fair". Jackets can easily match that.

The big change that needs to happen is behind the bench. He instilled a culture, and he had his time. But it's time for new blood. We've just hit a wall and this team is too deep and talented to be scrapping for Wild Cards. I mean, losing one D-man to injury shouldn't decimate a team.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The leagues some of these guys are coming from is a concern. Texier played against men, but it was in Liga. So that's not even the top Euro league. He lit it up, but will it translate? The good news is he's a big guy and only getting bigger.

TFW played solid in the dub but again, not the top league. He played really well at Traverse City last year, Of the prospects, he has the hardest road. I expect Foudy and Bemstrom to definitely be there.

As for the UFAs, I think it's going to be fine. Bob is as good as gone already and Panarin is playing like he doesn't want to get hurt since the deadline. Both are done. Dzingel considers Columbus his second home and has basically said "I hope they want me" when asked about it. Duchene is fitting in well and maybe more importantly apparently Mrs Duchene and Mrs Atkinson have been bonding well. They both have young sons and the Duchenes are living in Cam's old apartment downtown. Plus Duchene's wife has family in the area. And he let it slip that he felt Ottawa's reported offer was "fair". Jackets can easily match that.

The big change that needs to happen is behind the bench. He instilled a culture, and he had his time. But it's time for new blood. We've just hit a wall and this team is too deep and talented to be scrapping for Wild Cards. I mean, losing one D-man to injury shouldn't decimate a team.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, did you know Edmonton has good ice?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, did you know Edmonton has good ice?

That may have been the worst period of NHL hockey I have watched all season - No goals and a total of 6 shots on goal combined (4 Columbus, 2 Edmonton).

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may have been the worst period of NHL hockey I have watched all season - No goals and a total of 6 shots on goal combined (4 Columbus, 2 Edmonton).
You would think with that great ice, there would be more offensive chances.

*The Blue Jackets feed has mentioned the ice a few times... Just behind Montreal.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think with that great ice, there would be more offensive chances.

*The Blue Jackets feed has mentioned the ice a few times... Just behind Montreal.

The ice was better at the old barn (Northlands Coliseum) - I can't wait until the Flames get a new rink, the ice is horrible at the Saddledome.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ice was better at the old barn (Northlands Coliseum) - I can't wait until the Flames get a new rink, the ice is horrible at the Saddledome.
The ice in the mixed drinks at the Saddledome is second to none though.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, whose job is it to get that point across, you fucking moron?

Need to healthy scratch Bread next game. Put Bjork in Bread's spot. Sit Dubinsky and put Hannakeinen in.

And give Kincaid a start. This team needs an enema. Flat, uninspired, listless hockey.

They have been beaten by Edmonton twice and got whooped by the AHL team of the Devils.

Approaching the 1 year anniversary of this moment:

That milk is long since spoiled.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, whose job is it to get that point across, you fucking moron?

Need to healthy scratch Bread next game. Put Bjork in Bread's spot. Sit Dubinsky and put Hannakeinen in.

And give Kincaid a start. This team needs an enema. Flat, uninspired, listless hockey.

They have been beaten by Edmonton twice and got whooped by the AHL team of the Devils.

Approaching the 1 year anniversary of this moment:

That milk is long since spoiled.
It's been bad. Can't Bengals this thing and just hope things get better.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dream could die tonight.

I won't be able to watch. I am at the inlaws and we don't watch that commie shit here.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, at what point do we bring this thread back to its roots and put it back to "John Tortorella Death Watch".

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every game involving two teams above us are going to go to OT, eh?