• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panarin to the Oilers for RNH - The Bread Man alongside McWonderful (you could call it the Wonder Bread line) could be pretty lethal.

/Wait, why am I trying to help the Oil?!? Please disregard the above.
If he isn't re-signing in Columbus I cannot possibly fathom why he would in Edmonton lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Dreger so salt and all but...

I didn’t know this, maybe you guys did and it slipped under my radar - apparently Philadelphia came real close to acquiring Panarin at the draft last year. I don’t know what the components were, but I know that Philadelphia felt like they were pretty close to getting Panarin at the draft.

I can't really see these two lining up in a trade even then but, I dunno, maybe Voracek was going back the other way? One of Philly's d-men?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panarin to the Oilers for RNH - The Bread Man alongside McWonderful (you could call it the Wonder Bread line) could be pretty lethal.

/Wait, why am I trying to help the Oil?!? Please disregard the above.

On another forum an Edmonton fan said they would have to "add a young D man" to RNH to get it done. So Caleb Jones AND RNH for Panarin sounds good. Then Milano, Wennberg and maybe Jenner for, say, Mark Stone?

If he isn't re-signing in Columbus I cannot possibly fathom why he would in Edmonton lol

1297790597354_ORIGINAL.jpg

duh

It's Dreger so salt and all but...

I didn’t know this, maybe you guys did and it slipped under my radar - apparently Philadelphia came real close to acquiring Panarin at the draft last year. I don’t know what the components were, but I know that Philadelphia felt like they were pretty close to getting Panarin at the draft.

I can't really see these two lining up in a trade even then but, I dunno, maybe Voracek was going back the other way? One of Philly's d-men?

There is a lot of talk around here that the deal was for Simmonds and Jake but Simmonds nixed it. No reason they won't try and re-visit the deal and bring Jake home. I would welcome him back.

Lot of trade talk about Panarin for guys straight up when I was worried we'd have to add to the deal to get it done. If they can move Panarin for a roster replacement, then we can package the others up for more help. It's not a bad spot to be in. Plus there's potential for Bob to move.

And worse case, Panarin is essentially our playoff rental this year playing for his next contract.

It is possible to come away with a 2C and a top 6 winger without a ton of impact to the core. That would be beautiful.

I mean (spitballing here) heading into the playoffs with:
Atkinson - PLD - Voracek
Bjork - RNH - Anderson
Foligno - Dubi - Duclair
Hannakeinen - Sedlak/Letestu - Nash

That ain't bad. Realize it's a long shot. But damn. that would rock.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*ears perk up*

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And worse case, Panarin is essentially our playoff rental this year playing for his next contract.

Not trying to be provocative, but how important is it to the team and the fan base to maybe with a playoff round this year? Seems like that is the best case scenario if you keep him as your "rental" :noidea:

Different teams would answer this differently. I think TOR for example would not be happy with a third straight first round flame out. BUF on the other hand has gotta be pumped about just making the dance.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be provocative, but how important is it to the team and the fan base to maybe with a playoff round this year? Seems like that is the best case scenario if you keep him as your "rental" :noidea:

Different teams would answer this differently. I think TOR for example would not be happy with a third straight first round flame out. BUF on the other hand has gotta be pumped about just making the dance.

Winning a playoff series would be huge, as we've never been there before. The fanbase is still somewhat immature (as evidenced by the Panarin booing). They are all in on wife beater football and playoff success in any form would do a lot to get the casual fan involved. That is what the franchise needs. There are a ton of "die hards' in both hockey and soccer. But long term financial success needs to have the casual fan buying in.

Plus, this is the second youngest team in the league. The core is good, will get better soon (Foudy, Elvis and Abramov). Many of the current core won an AHL championship few years back. They taste success in the NHL, they will continue to drive forward. We've seen what talented young cores with little to no success do (Florida, Edmonton). The Jackets need to win at least one. Getting to a conference final would be like a cup win to this franchise.

Losing him (and Bob) as a rental would suck, but we have 17m in cap space right now. With him and Bob gone, that gives us `13m more. We have Werenski, Murray, Duclair, Hannakeinen and Korpisalo to sign as RFAs. And PLD and Anderson next year.

We could conceivably go after Stone AND Duchene in UFA. Eberle. Skinner. Hayes. Anders Lee. No reason we can't pick up 2 impact players this summer.

And that's only without counting the return if we trade one or both. With names like Voracek, RNH and Bjugstad being floated... A round or two this year could be a launch pad toward being a legit contender in another 2 years. And Panarin will get us on that road one way or another.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winning a round will be pretty big. If nothing else, just to get that monkey off our backs, mentally.

Plus, everyone knows that winning draws people in.

The Cavs suck this year. OSU basketball is looking like they'll miss the tournament. It would be a good opportunity to gain more media coverage, since they'll be competing against only spring baseball (and the spring game).

Last edited:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, it would be HUGE to beat Pittsburgh in Round 1.

True, b/c it would be a playoff series win and assure neither the Caps or Pens could win the Cup, since neither ever has won it without defeating the other en route.

Hmmm, we can't win a Cup....

but Pittsburgh does lose...

giphy.gif

;)

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks ago, we were top of the Metro. We were convinced Bread was staying. Torts was so happy with the team he gave them a day off.

Today, we've lost 4 straight. We're in WC2 spot. Bread is as good as gone. Jenner (Blocks a shot, gets ankle infection), Jones (injured by only hit in All Star Game history) and Atkinson (puck hit the crossbar in warmup and bounced back knocking out chiclets) have been bitten by the Gypsy curse. And Torts is ripping the team to anyone who will listen and saying if they don't start playing better he will "kick their asses".

Anthony Duclair played 24 seconds last night.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks ago, we were top of the Metro. We were convinced Bread was staying. Torts was so happy with the team he gave them a day off.

Today, we've lost 4 straight. We're in WC2 spot. Bread is as good as gone. Jenner (Blocks a shot, gets ankle infection), Jones (injured by only hit in All Star Game history) and Atkinson (puck hit the crossbar in warmup and bounced back knocking out chiclets) have been bitten by the Gypsy curse. And Torts is ripping the team to anyone who will listen and saying if they don't start playing better he will "kick their asses".

Anthony Duclair played 24 seconds last night.

Hello darkness, my old friend.
Darkness will be holding onto Panarin/Bob and fall short of the playoffs.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, aided by some really good cold meds, I have mapped out the plan.

Step 1) Florida wants Bob and Bread. Talk with Bob and Florida. If he wants to go there, sign him to their deal and trade him for Huberdeau and Reimer.

Step 2) Send Panarin to Boston for Kuraly and a pick or D prospect.

Step 3) Throw all kinds of stuff at Ottawa. 1st, Wennberg, Milano, Savard and Duclair to rent Stone and Duchene (sign whichever one performs best)

Stone - PLD - Atkinson
Huberdeau - Duchene - Bjorkstrand
Foligno - Kuraly - Anderson
Letestu - Nash - Sedlak/Hannakeinen/Dubinski/Jenner

Jones - Werenski
Murray - Nuti
Kukan - Harrington
Carlsson

Korpi
Reimer

Jarmo becomes a God among men.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Chrawer jump on in. The water's fine.

Or pretty shitty right now

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was just a pathetic performance last night. There is nothing positive to take away from it.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49938856_10156693497448145_3395617331949338624_o.jpg
Just felt like sharing this one.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 Tidbits: Updated Notes on Upcoming LA Kings Trade Scenarios

Oh no.

We took a deep dive on the likely timing of a Jonathan Quick trade here. Let’s add a brief update to this. If the Florida Panthers can somehow pull off a trade with Columbus for goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, don’t be surprised to see the Blue Jackets announce a deal for Quick soon thereafter. From what we understand, preliminary discussions have taken place and the interest is there. There’s a lot of ifs tied to this scenario; however, it makes good sense on many levels. CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen has to be coming to grips with the fact he will likely lose his top two free agents this summer. Trading them now could hamper their playoff aspirations. Yet, adding Quick would give them cost certainty in net for a few years (Bob is reportedly looking for Carey Price-type money, which is about $10M per season x eight years) and provide a solid mentor for young Joonas Korpisalo. Bobrovsky is 30 years old, two and a half years younger than Quick – and without anywhere near the playoff success. If Columbus did sign their current netminder to a long-term extension, that would almost surely spell the end of Korpisalo’s time in Ohio. For LA, the most curious part of the deal would be if Blake could get a first rounder next season. The Kings already have two this year. Having another pair next year could be better than having three this year. What are the Kings expecting in return for Quick? We covered that in the ‘deep dive’ article linked in the first sentence of this section.

The only worthwhile reason to trade for Quick is to expose him in the Seattle draft. That is it. And if they give up one of their goalie prospects to do it, they are pathetically stupid.