• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's in for a rough season, no matter what. But Torts, if he had a brain, should tread lightly.

Wennberg, Karlsson, Murray, Dano (though he's gone) and Korpisalo all credit Hartnell will helping them along and getting used to NHL life. Wennberg calls him "dad".

With potentially three more rookies and all of those guys but Dano on the team, Torts would do well to have Hartnell selling shit on his behalf. Making him some locker room pariah will not work out well.

I know, Torts don't care. I just don't want to live through another toxic locker room. Togetherness is about all they have.
I don't doubt it. Brooks Laich was taken here in order to score two second round picks out of the Caps. His recent statistics make Hartnell look like Geno and he makes about the same as Hartnell (albeit he's UFA after this season). But Nylander and Kadri both said they were taking a shitload of information from the guy and despite the fact maybe someone like Holland should be the 4th line C this year it will almost assuredly be Laich because of things like that. Babcock for sure appreciates that.

The difference here, and it is big, is that Laich is on a team that is still rebuilding, is on a short deal and is on a team that is as comfortable financially as can be. Hartnell has two years left after this one at considerable money, on a (likely) bad team that doesn't have any big contracts to renew but does need better players in order to take the next step. Vets who can show the kids a thing or two are usually available for pretty small salaries. If Hartnell sees another drop in production and, worse, starts holding linemates back (he almost consistently brought down the possession stats of his linemates when he was on the ice with them last year) it'll have to be a consideration.

His NMC also means if he isn't bought out he'll need to be protected. Adding his name to a list that includes Clarkson, Foligno and Dubinsky. I don't think there'll be an issue (don't think anyone beyond Saad, Jenner and Atkinson will need protecting) but if any changes are made in-season it would make him the most likely casualty.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt it. Brooks Laich was taken here in order to score two second round picks out of the Caps. His recent statistics make Hartnell look like Geno and he makes about the same as Hartnell (albeit he's UFA after this season). But Nylander and Kadri both said they were taking a shitload of information from the guy and despite the fact maybe someone like Holland should be the 4th line C this year it will almost assuredly be Laich because of things like that. Babcock for sure appreciates that.

The difference here, and it is big, is that Laich is on a team that is still rebuilding, is on a short deal and is on a team that is as comfortable financially as can be. Hartnell has two years left after this one at considerable money, on a (likely) bad team that doesn't have any big contracts to renew but does need better players in order to take the next step. Vets who can show the kids a thing or two are usually available for pretty small salaries. If Hartnell sees another drop in production and, worse, starts holding linemates back (he almost consistently brought down the possession stats of his linemates when he was on the ice with them last year) it'll have to be a consideration.

His NMC also means if he isn't bought out he'll need to be protected. Adding his name to a list that includes Clarkson, Foligno and Dubinsky. I don't think there'll be an issue (don't think anyone beyond Saad, Jenner and Atkinson will need protecting) but if any changes are made in-season it would make him the most likely casualty.

I hate that Torts will have a say in team personnel decisions. No way he does anything to insult his lap dog. When that fucker is the one who needs to go.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kh4slPL.jpg

That explains why they got their asses kicked. They didn't play a split squad Blues team. They played team Canada.

:L
Good jorb jumbotron guy

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, 0-8-0 got Richards the boot.

This is the Jackets' October.

t1g3fyrdv9px.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year we couldn't win at home and we couldn't win on the road. My failure as a coach is that I couldn't think of another place to play.

- Harry Neale

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit the NHL really wants the Jackets to get in a hole early huh.

Are they trying to kill the franchise at this point?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit the NHL really wants the Jackets to get in a hole early huh.

Are they trying to kill the franchise at this point?

Just giving Proven Winner(tm) John Tortorella a chance to shine.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually saw someone on a Jackets forum slot Stoll in as third line center in his roster prediction.

I laughed until I snorted (I said pardon).

For the record, his 4 centers were Dubinsky, Gagner, Stoll, Wennberg. In that order.

Interesting that PLD hasn't been sent down yet. Jarmo holding onto his fantasy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually saw someone on a Jackets forum slot Stoll in as third line center in his roster prediction.

I laughed until I snorted (I said pardon).

For the record, his 4 centers were Dubinsky, Gagner, Stoll, Wennberg. In that order.

Interesting that PLD hasn't been sent down yet. Jarmo holding onto his fantasy.
Kinda surprised too - doesn't appear to have made much of a mark in preseason games.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda surprised too - doesn't appear to have made much of a mark in preseason games.

The one game I sat down and watched, he looked competent. He was moving the puck and creating space. But then again he was playing alongside Bjorkstrand and Saad and both of them are excellent puck distributors in their own right.

I think it's more like I said. Jarmo doesn't want to be looked at as a fool.