• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I think just about any team could use Eriksson, but where in the world does this muppet get the idea that Eriksson would be cheap?

Because he is a fan of this team and would play for them for free, ergo, everyone else would play for a discount as well. DUH

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way Kenny... The author of that responded to my "critique" on another outlet. Basically all I said was "Is this satire?" and "Goligoski LOL".

He was not happy. I left it alone, but I kind of wanted to skewer him. He genuinely seems to believe that the solution for a "Cheap winger" is Eriksson and not, say Milano, Puljujarvi, Bjorkstrand, Anderson, Rychel, etc.

I asked him if he is aware that the Blue Jackets have a farm team.

I hope you at least used the Snork_McGigglepants pseudonym.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dent repair shop in Kansas. Something seems familiar about that logo.

DQ8nj9r.jpg

We should sell them boomer.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Nash?

He's not a center.

He's welcome back anytime, and I fully expect him to return and retire a Jacket. But he's not a center.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't see any of the top 3 picks being moved, but I am very interested to see what the Oilers and Canucks do as that will have a huge bearing on what the Flames ultimately decide to do in the 6 hole. If the player the Flames want is off the board, I wouldn't be opposed to trading down a few spots and potentially landing a pretty good roster player.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're tough but fair. We accept your proposal.

l9zKYHF.gif

I honestly don't see any of the top 3 picks being moved, but I am very interested to see what the Oilers and Canucks do as that will have a huge bearing on what the Flames ultimately decide to do in the 6 hole. If the player the Flames want is off the board, I wouldn't be opposed to trading down a few spots and potentially landing a pretty good roster player.

I think the other GMs should realize that no one in their right mind will trade a top three, and the reason anyone is even considering calling on the #3 is because of how Jarmo handled the Johansen thing. He panicked and made a move he didn't have to. So they think he's an easy mark.

Imagine if he was sitting at the draft table with Johansen to move, knowing that Werenski was NHL ready (so no "loss" of Jones).

He might have actually been able to live the dream of Laine and Puljujarvi. Or, you know have a #1 center with Bjorkstrand and Puljujarvi flanking him for the next ten years.

Instead, he's gotta pay Jones and Karlsson with around 4m in cap space. And still no #1C.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they're getting a Phil Kessel or some other NHL 30 goal winger (JVR?) they aren't trading down. Only three in the top ten I could see trading down are the Oil, Canucks and Habs and of them I expect only the Oilers will.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they're getting a Phil Kessel or some other NHL 30 goal winger (JVR?) they aren't trading down. Only three in the top ten I could see trading down are the Oil, Canucks and Habs and of them I expect only the Oilers will.

CAM ATKINSON!

Who's trading down? Will they take Clarkson too?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you, it would have to be a pretty good player for BT to even think about trading down, but as I said earlier, don't sleep on the Oilers and Canucks doing something a little crazy that could really throw things into a tizzy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAM ATKINSON!

Who's trading down? Will they take Clarkson too?
Maybe. Never scored 30 but he's an even-possession player capable of 25 goals and 50 pts. It would take a lot of sweeteners with either player though and while the Leafs have that in the form of a billion draft picks, Columbus is a little bare beyond the prospects they have and should be holding onto for dear life.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, it would have to be a pretty good player for BT to even think about trading down, but as I said earlier, don't sleep on the Oilers and Canucks doing something a little crazy that could really throw things into a tizzy.
Only thing that I think would make the Flames maybe take a look is if the Leafs blew them away (I'm not at all underestimating how badly Lou and Shanny likely want a stud d-man in the system) or if the Habs offered Patches plus #9. Nothing else makes much sense.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Never scored 30 but he's an even-possession player capable of 25 goals and 50 pts. It would take a lot of sweeteners with either player though and while the Leafs have that in the form of a billion draft picks, Columbus is a little bare beyond the prospects they have and should be holding onto for dear life.

The problem is the players the Jackets have to fill their holes that they could survive parting with won't bring what they need.

The only "value" the Jackets can trade right now is Atkinson, Rychel (who is promising but unproven, plus the Jackets have slandered him driving value down), Paliotta (A project but good upside) and Forsberg or Korpisalo (which could present an organizational nightmare if Bob's groin pops again).

And none of those guys are clogging up spots where they have the need to promote young guys.
Who needs to go:
Johnson - But everyone knows what he is. And his head is not in it anymore.
Tyutin - Good mentor, but has definitely lost a step. Bottom 6 guy now.
Savard - NO ONE will take that contract
Prout - Small deal. But a useless guy who isn't worth the small deal
Boll - blech.
Clarkson - His only value is LTIR Cap space.
Hartnell - I'd like him to stay, and he'd have to waive a NMC. Which he would not do for Edmonton, I am sure.

The bald Finnish fuckwit has painted himself into quite a corner. Even if he manages to trade the 3rd for a true #1C, he will still have cap trouble and only two wingers (Saad, Bjorkstrand) worth playing with a #1.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the players the Jackets have to fill their holes that they could survive parting with won't bring what they need.

The only "value" the Jackets can trade right now is Atkinson, Rychel (who is promising but unproven, plus the Jackets have slandered him driving value down), Paliotta (A project but good upside) and Forsberg or Korpisalo (which could present an organizational nightmare if Bob's groin pops again).

And none of those guys are clogging up spots where they have the need to promote young guys.
Who needs to go:
Johnson - But everyone knows what he is. And his head is not in it anymore.
Tyutin - Good mentor, but has definitely lost a step. Bottom 6 guy now.
Savard - NO ONE will take that contract
Prout - Small deal. But a useless guy who isn't worth the small deal
Boll - blech.
Clarkson - His only value is LTIR Cap space.
Hartnell - I'd like him to stay, and he'd have to waive a NMC. Which he would not do for Edmonton, I am sure.

The bald Finnish fuckwit has painted himself into quite a corner. Even if he manages to trade the 3rd for a true #1C, he will still have cap trouble and only two wingers (Saad, Bjorkstrand) worth playing with a #1.

Call me crazy but I don't think the Savard contract is THAT bad. Granted I didn't watch him much this year but in the past I've always liked his game.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but I don't think the Savard contract is THAT bad. Granted I didn't watch him much this year but in the past I've always liked his game.

He's providing pretty good bang for the buck considering he's 55 years old.

/Oh my bad, that's Denis Savard, not David.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's putting up 35ish pts a year it's fine.

It also makes Jake Gardiner's look like even more of a steal if the Leafs ever decide to move him.