• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can "the future", like, hurry up and get here?

Monsters in the AHL Conference final.

Torts will never let that kind of tippy tappy shit to happen.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, Columbus actually had more wins than losses (not factoring in overtime losses) with Tortorella this past season which gives reason to be optimistic. One of the youngest teams in the NHL last year will likely get even younger going into next season. If John Tortorella is able to work with this roster and maximize their potential, he could be the Blue Jackets head coach for the foreseeable future.

Yes, let's not factor in those OT losses :L

Also, Torts has leaned heavily on his veteran players everywhere he has coached, he's not a good fit for a young team that could indeed be getting younger.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, Columbus actually had more wins than losses (not factoring in overtime losses) with Tortorella this past season which gives reason to be optimistic. One of the youngest teams in the NHL last year will likely get even younger going into next season. If John Tortorella is able to work with this roster and maximize their potential, he could be the Blue Jackets head coach for the foreseeable future.

Also, Torts has leaned heavily on his veteran players everywhere he has coached, he's not a good fit for a young team that could indeed be getting younger.

^^This.

The Lake Erie Monsters are 9-2 in the Calder Cup playoffs. The team's average age is 24 (Steve Eminger, Hustin Falk and Ryan Craig leave a big dent in that curve) and I don't think the Blue Jackets could beat the Monsters right now. Without having the guys currently playing in Lake Erie, that is.

Monsters roster players who, barring an expensive veteran in their place, make the NHL roster right now:
Bjorkstrand
Milano
Rychel
Werenski
Paliotta
Koorpisalo
Kukan
Hannikainen
Chaput
Anderson

Oldest one of them is 23

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely agree. He mishandled every young player he came across in NY

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lil Jackets won 4-0 and take a 3-0 series lead on the Kings farm team in the conference final. Highlights below:

That is not Joonas Korpisalo in net - Anton Forsberg. Team plays pretty fast. Always seems to be support (at least in the highlights).

They would probably demolish the current Jackets.

Actually thinking of going up to Cleveland for game 4.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbus Blue Jackets Off-Season: Free Agency » Last Word On Sports

LOL. Blue Jackets are drafting either Laine or Puljujarvi, have Werenski and Paliotta tearing it up in the AHL, have four absolute albatross contracts (3 on D) and 3.3m in cap space to resign Seth Jones and William Karlsson and this yutz thinks that the Jackets need to target Loui Eriksson and Alex Goligoski in free agency.

And he suggest Steve Bernier to "fill the hole left by Rene Bourque". THERE IS NO FUCKING HOLE LEFT BY BOURQUE!

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Blue Jackets are drafting either Laine or Puljujarvi, have Werenski and Paliotta tearing it up in the AHL, have four absolute albatross contracts (3 on D) and 3.3m in cap space to resign Seth Jones and William Karlsson and this yutz thinks that the Jackets need to target Loui Eriksson and Alex Goligoski in free agency.

And he suggest Steve Bernier to "fill the hole left by Rene Bourque". THERE IS NO FUCKING HOLE LEFT BY BOURQUE!

Nic, bro... do you even salary cap?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently not. Nor does he Minor Leagues.

I'm not sure what the goofiest thing in there is but right now I'm leaning towards the idea that Eriksson is going to be a cheap signing and will take a pay cut on a short term deal cause he's soooo old.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what the goofiest thing in there is but right now I'm leaning towards the idea that Eriksson is going to be a cheap signing and will take a pay cut on a short term deal cause he's soooo old.

I think it's that they'd go after an expensive old winger to score goals when they will draft one of two 18 year olds who will.

When I got to the Rene Bourque line I thought this was satire.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

11177744.jpg

What the hell did I just read??

Loui Eriksson is going to take a pay cut? But he won't be coveted by any other teams that he might want to play on??

zQSrp_yn.jpg

Be warned 43, if you post anything more by that writer I WILL start sending links to Eklund articles to your personal mailbox. I'll fucking do it!!

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So instead of watching Pierre and company remind me about "destiny" I watched the Lake Erie Monsters win a 2OT game against the Ontario Reign to advance to the Calder Cup finals. A conference final sweep.

Zach Werenski is just on another level. The only knock I have on him is he is skinny, but that will fix itself. He makes incredible first passes, is so poised with the puck and has a wicked shot.

All in all, I saw six guys who could/should make the NHL team next year. Including Anton Forsberg who stopped 42 of 43 shots. Including an absolute stunner in double OT. I am looking for video.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 122104

What the hell did I just read??

Loui Eriksson is going to take a pay cut? But he won't be coveted by any other teams that he might want to play on??

View attachment 122105

Be warned 43, if you post anything more by that writer I WILL start sending links to Eklund articles to your personal mailbox. I'll fucking do it!!

By the way Kenny... The author of that responded to my "critique" on another outlet. Basically all I said was "Is this satire?" and "Goligoski LOL".

He was not happy. I left it alone, but I kind of wanted to skewer him. He genuinely seems to believe that the solution for a "Cheap winger" is Eriksson and not, say Milano, Puljujarvi, Bjorkstrand, Anderson, Rychel, etc.

I asked him if he is aware that the Blue Jackets have a farm team.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way Kenny... The author of that responded to my "critique" on another outlet. Basically all I said was "Is this satire?" and "Goligoski LOL".

He was not happy. I left it alone, but I kind of wanted to skewer him. He genuinely seems to believe that the solution for a "Cheap winger" is Eriksson and not, say Milano, Puljujarvi, Bjorkstrand, Anderson, Rychel, etc.

I asked him if he is aware that the Blue Jackets have a farm team.

Hey, I think just about any team could use Eriksson, but where in the world does this muppet get the idea that Eriksson would be cheap?