• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tumblr_ndufnu2B7q1r8yza7o1_500.jpg

Fuck. 1.25m and 1.9m

:L

We need to shackle the bald Finnish fuckwit because now the rumo(u)r is that he's trying to angle to get Pujujarvi AND Laine at the draft. He'll probably trade Murray, Foligno, Bob and Bjorkstrand to do it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look on the bright side 43, it's not Deryk Engelland money.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With last night's disappointing win in Toronto, Sergei Bobrovsky moves into sole possession of first place in franchise history for goalie wins. So Congrats, Bob.

The positive is that he'd played 40 fewer games than Mason did to achieve the mark he just beat. The negative is the new mark is a mere 97 wins.

Also, Brandon Saad scored his 29th of the season. If he gets another, the Jackets will have 2 30 goal scorers for the first time in their history.

This is what you would call a slow starting franchise.

Dean Kukan was +4 last night, which puts him at +9 in the 8 games he's been up. Oliver Bjorkstrand has points in 4 straight. So I have hope that the next few years will show marked improvement. Still some shackles to shake off, but it's going in the right direction. Provided the GM doesn't completely fuck up draft day.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks nation are cheering for the Jackets tonight.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbus Dispatch Sports Section, 12 months apart.
XsTvPsZ.jpg

What changed?

Or more importantly, what didn't?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty surprised there's been no talk of replacing Jarmo. I mean, at what point do you stem the blood loss?

Of course, maybe it would be difficult to get a GM willing to work with Torts.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty surprised there's been no talk of replacing Jarmo. I mean, at what point do you stem the blood loss?

Of course, maybe it would be difficult to get a GM willing to work with Torts.

I think the reason for that is Jarmo still has a bed of excuses to lie on. Injuries, some ill timed slumps, a coach flaming out (but we ain't seen nothing yet). Add to that the pool of prospects he's assembled and he can hide from the Johansen mess or actually getting Borque and Clarkson on purpose. Or giving Savard 5 years.

I think the hardest part of that comparison to take is the sub article by Hunter last year. "Hot finish trumps hopes of draft star".

54506900.jpg

While I am completely stoked to see what Werenski brings, that finish last year took them out of the running for McDavid, Eichel or Strome. I don't care what Werenski accomplishes over his career. It won't be what those guys do.

And this year, those few late wins could be the difference between Mathews, Puljujarvi or Laine and a defenseman they will have to trade someone to make room for.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason for that is Jarmo still has a bed of excuses to lie on. Injuries, some ill timed slumps, a coach flaming out (but we ain't seen nothing yet). Add to that the pool of prospects he's assembled and he can hide from the Johansen mess or actually getting Borque and Clarkson on purpose. Or giving Savard 5 years.

I think the hardest part of that comparison to take is the sub article by Hunter last year. "Hot finish trumps hopes of draft star".

View attachment 106866

While I am completely stoked to see what Werenski brings, that finish last year took them out of the running for McDavid, Eichel or Strome. I don't care what Werenski accomplishes over his career. It won't be what those guys do.

And this year, those few late wins could be the difference between Mathews, Puljujarvi or Laine and a defenseman they will have to trade someone to make room for.

Call me crazy but I think Werenski has the potential to have a bigger impact than Strome and approaching that of Eichel. Werenski looks like he could be a true #1 D.

With the odds as crazy as they are those few wins could mean that they actually move up. Toronto has just as high a chance of picking 4th than 1st. Some team is going to move up into the top 3 almost guaranteed. More than ever the draft (and its lottery) is even more of a crap shoot than ever.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but I think Werenski has the potential to have a bigger impact than Strome and approaching that of Eichel. Werenski looks like he could be a true #1 D.

With the odds as crazy as they are those few wins could mean that they actually move up. Toronto has just as high a chance of picking 4th than 1st. Some team is going to move up into the top 3 almost guaranteed. More than ever the draft (and its lottery) is even more of a crap shoot than ever.
Higher. I think it's 47% they pick 4th, 53% they pick in the top 3, 20% they pick 1st.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope you're not crazy. But it's all a balancing act. Look at where the holes are for the Jackets.A #1c is (now) a big hole. The three top picks last year, one of which the Jackets would have been all but guaranteed if they didn't go on the run would all fill that role nicely. Strome - Saad - Bjorkstrand just might get me over Johansen leaving. McDavid or Eichel would have already done it.

Again, I don't know if I could be any more excited about Werenski. But when he arrives (if they can trade Johnson/Tyutin to make room for him), the Jackets will have 3 #1D a #3D and 2#6D. When missing a #1C as well, that's not exactly a good problem to have. Especially when one of those #1D is an RFA and you have 10m in albatross contracts you can't get away from.

A draft lottery melee is our only hope. The worst they can pick is 7th. And looking at worse case scenario, they are looking at Sergachev or Chychrun as likely the best on the board. Which doesn't fix problem 1 and only adds to problem 2.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're not crazy. But it's all a balancing act. Look at where the holes are for the Jackets.A #1c is (now) a big hole. The three top picks last year, one of which the Jackets would have been all but guaranteed if they didn't go on the run would all fill that role nicely. Strome - Saad - Bjorkstrand just might get me over Johansen leaving. McDavid or Eichel would have already done it.

Again, I don't know if I could be any more excited about Werenski. But when he arrives (if they can trade Johnson/Tyutin to make room for him), the Jackets will have 3 #1D a #3D and 2#6D. When missing a #1C as well, that's not exactly a good problem to have. Especially when one of those #1D is an RFA and you have 10m in albatross contracts you can't get away from.

A draft lottery melee is our only hope. The worst they can pick is 7th. And looking at worse case scenario, they are looking at Sergachev or Chychrun as likely the best on the board. Which doesn't fix problem 1 and only adds to problem 2.
Nobody knows how picks 4-10 are going to play out, though. Teams will have different BPA's at each draft position. It could wind up like 2013 where all the top ten guys are solid NHL'ers in which case a team might even be able to draft for need over BPA and not be called dumb for doing so.

I hate that we gotta wait another 2 damn weeks for the lottery though. Guess Sportsnet needed something to talk about to keep Canadian fans interested for a few extra weeks.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeesh. Sounds like maybe you guys shoulda held on to Johansen then. :whistle:

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows how picks 4-10 are going to play out, though. Teams will have different BPA's at each draft position. It could wind up like 2013 where all the top ten guys are solid NHL'ers in which case a team might even be able to draft for need over BPA and not be called dumb for doing so.

I hate that we gotta wait another 2 damn weeks for the lottery though. Guess Sportsnet needed something to talk about to keep Canadian fans interested for a few extra weeks.

God, I hope you're right. I am a little gun-shy because of... years of history.

yeesh. Sounds like maybe you guys shoulda held on to Johansen then. :whistle:

BLASPHEMY!

/the cherry Kool Aid is pretty good too.