• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH I don't even know who you posted. Is that JVR?

Think of what the question being asked here is and it should come to you. Plant that seed and it should grow :wink:

Whose creative play did Randy constantly stifle and attempt to make more cautious, criticizing (and even healthy scratching) him seemingly every time he made a mistake despite the multitude of positives his play consistently registered in games?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of what the question being asked here is and it should come to you. Plant that seed and it should grow :wink:

Whose creative play did Randy constantly stifle and attempt to make more cautious, criticizing (and even healthy scratching) him seemingly every time he made a mistake despite the multitude of positives his play consistently registered in games?
I know who you're talking about (now), but really that could've been applied to like 6 players lol

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All over Kool-Aidville he is getting praise for acknowledging this.

But listen to him. Does it sound like how he treated someone else? I wonder if he even knows whose game he fucked up. I mean, besides "everyone's".

I also love this:
brandon-saad-of-the-columbus-blue-jackets-brent-burns-of-the-san-jose-picture-id507622932.jpg

Saad's like "Where the fuck am I? Who are these guys? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?"

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bridge contract for Murray. Nice work by Jarmo.

Jackets sign Murray to two-year, $5.65M deal

I get alerts from the Blue Jackets app that pop up on my phone. But if my phone is locked, I get a limited number of characters. So my phone buzzed and I got "BREAKING NEWS - RYAN MURRAY..."

I had a small moment of panic. But then I was pleasantly surprised. Kid should probably have gotten paid a bit more strongly, but injuries held him back. Looking forward to him and Jones, Goloubef or Werenski for years to come.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good show me deal. Also makes him a very attractive trade piece should the opportunity ever arise.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray for RNH?
I'd do it if I were Edmonton.

Columbus? Nah. If by the end of next season Murray looks like he's leaping into the ranks of top d-men in the league, well, would you trade Doughty/Keith/Weber/Karlsson/PK for RNH?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This deal also gives me hope that the Leafs can get Rielly signed to a deal similar to what Gardiner got. If they can get Kadri and Rielly signed for under $9 mil/yr combined they'll have all the flexibility in the world.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good show me deal. Also makes him a very attractive trade piece should the opportunity ever arise.

This is why I am not entirely stoked. There's always a chance that bald Finnish fuckwit will do it.

Murray for RNH?

You shush. Jack Johnson and Fedor Tyutin for RNH.

I'd do it if I were Edmonton.

Columbus? Nah. If by the end of next season Murray looks like he's leaping into the ranks of top d-men in the league, well, would you trade Doughty/Keith/Weber/Karlsson/PK for RNH?

He's always shown flashes of the skill that made him a high pick, but injuries and a slow developing hockey sense have hurt him. He's getting consistently healthy and when paired with Goloubef who can cover mental lapses, he started to come into his own. Now with Jones, he looks like he could really be a top guy. I was honestly worried that he'd never get over the hump. Feeling a lot better after this season. One of the few bright spots.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Maclean's defense, Brule did put up some amazing numbers in junior with the Vancouver Giants.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I am not entirely stoked. There's always a chance that bald Finnish fuckwit will do it.

You shush. Jack Johnson and Fedor Tyutin for RNH.

He's always shown flashes of the skill that made him a high pick, but injuries and a slow developing hockey sense have hurt him. He's getting consistently healthy and when paired with Goloubef who can cover mental lapses, he started to come into his own. Now with Jones, he looks like he could really be a top guy. I was honestly worried that he'd never get over the hump. Feeling a lot better after this season. One of the few bright spots.
I'm more pointing toward if a good like-for-like deal came up. I mean, let's face it, Columbus need top line talent again after trading RyJo and the one part of the ice where they may wind up having an abundance of talent is defence with Jones Werenski and Murray all potential world-beaters. If a deal came up wherein Murray could land them a RyJo-like player and Seth Jones winds up being the better d-man than Murray, you shouldn't feel hard-pressed at all about the team dealing him.

Dumb as moving RyJo was, doesn't mean every deal these guys make is going to be awful (the Saad deal still looks pretty good for both sides, for example).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Maclean's defense, Brule did put up some amazing numbers in junior with the Vancouver Giants.
Maclean made dumber decisions than this one. It was overall a weaker draft and teams either lucked out or wound up with spare parts.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more pointing toward if a good like-for-like deal came up. I mean, let's face it, Columbus need top line talent again after trading RyJo and the one part of the ice where they may wind up having an abundance of talent is defence with Jones Werenski and Murray all potential world-beaters. If a deal came up wherein Murray could land them a RyJo-like player and Seth Jones winds up being the better d-man than Murray, you shouldn't feel hard-pressed at all about the team dealing him.

Dumb as moving RyJo was, doesn't mean every deal these guys make is going to be awful (the Saad deal still looks pretty good for both sides, for example).

They traded two solid forwards for a 4th liner... ;)

I get what you're saying about trading Murray if it lands a RyJo type. However, all things being equal I would prefer to not need another RyJo and just not have Jones.

Bjorkstrand, Milano and Rychel could fill some forward holes in the next year or two. A good draft pick - not just Mathews but Puljujarvi, Tkachuj or Laine in the top five which is likely where they wind up would also help a ton.

I would rather see (obviously) older D and mid range forwards moved for a C (Hartnell, Atkinson, Karlsson, Etc). If they wind up in the 4-6 range pick, I'd rather see that pic traded in a package for a center.

And with the cap maybe going down, some team might HAVE to move someone.

Although, with the cap maybe going down we HAVE to move someone.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dalton Prout broke Chris Stewart's jaw in a fight and Ryan Getzlaf's nose in a scrum on Thursday night. Trade him while his value is sky high.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dalton Prout broke Chris Stewart's jaw in a fight and Ryan Getzlaf's nose in a scrum on Thursday night. Trade him while his value is sky high.

Honestly, I would prefer to keep him and Savard as 6/7 D men. Johnson, Tyutin, Faulk all gotta go. Prouter can stay.

As long as he doesn't have a ton of responsibility, he's a fiercely strong guy who, it is worth noting, put Lucic down with one punch. And in my dream world of no more Boll, someone has to bring the fists.