• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday at lunch I had TSN radio on and the 3 idiots plus Ray Ferraro were talking about the Drouin situation and whether or not he was now letting down his teammates and the conversation shifted to how much blame Cooper deserved and the consensus seemed to be "a coach never scratches anybody because he's playing too good".

Did John Tortorella not healthy scratch his best fucking player not even a month ago? How the hell are these asshats employed?!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Murray and Brandon Saad for Drouin and Callahan.

1. Callahan is a TORTS guy!! A pro!!

2. Torts needs a highly skilled whipping boy now that Johansen is gone. Drouin could be that guy. It opens things up for Dubinsky to do his thing.

:hockeysmile:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have Jones. Don't need Murray.

Will give ya Chris Neil and Mark Borowiecki for him. Those guys can block some serious shots!!

They practically come with a Tortorella stamp of approval on their foreheads.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have Jones. Don't need Murray.
And Werenski is almost certainly making the team next year, and if he plays anything like Hanifin has thus far he should make the blue line better rather quickly.

Only reason I could see them hold off is to move Murray to Edmonton instead for their first rounder should Edmonton fail to win the lottery.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday at lunch I had TSN radio on and the 3 idiots plus Ray Ferraro were talking about the Drouin situation and whether or not he was now letting down his teammates and the conversation shifted to how much blame Cooper deserved and the consensus seemed to be "a coach never scratches anybody because he's playing too good".

Did John Tortorella not healthy scratch his best fucking player not even a month ago? How the hell are these asshats employed?!

lol we're talking Torts here ... I dont think you can name very many other coaches whove pulled the same shit

If Drouin was sniping he would be in the lineup

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was you that posted this a few weeks ago:

that I did lol
his advanced stats do make us think he should be playing more but then at the same time it is a small sample

at this point, with whats happened since that stat was posted, (Drouin going operation shutdown) its a personal thing between he his agent Cooper and Yzerman. Its a hot mess. Its irreconcilable. So yah Ill backtrack and agree its more than what Ferraro said but at the same time if Drouin had 20 goals right now, i doubt we're all where we are at right now :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that I did lol
his advanced stats do make us think he should be playing more but then at the same time it is a small sample

at this point, with whats happened since that stat was posted, (Drouin going operation shutdown) its a personal thing between he his agent Cooper and Yzerman. Its a hot mess. Its irreconcilable. So yah Ill backtrack and agree its more than what Ferraro said but at the same time if Drouin had 20 goals right now, i doubt we're all where we are at right now :noidea:
It's for sure small sample; I just think when you see that as a coach/GM you might pause and say "hey, let's give the kid an extended run at 15 min+ and see what happens".

Interestingly enough, in the 7 games this year that he played more than 15 minutes in he has 6 points. Conversely, Ondrej Palat has played 15 min+ 24 times this season and has 11 pts in those games. Tyler Johnson has only played less than 15 minutes twice this season (out of 34 games played) and he only has 7 more points total than Drouin. So two guys who aren't sniping are being rewarded while another guy who was sniping given the minutes is in the A.

I agree that it's largely become a pissing contest between Yzerman and the agent but at the same time I don't really fault Drouin for thinking he's earned more ice time and is being treated unfairly compared to other struggling teammates.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Torts got himself injured in practice today.

/I'll let the Canucks contingent finish it off for me

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's for sure small sample; I just think when you see that as a coach/GM you might pause and say "hey, let's give the kid an extended run at 15 min+ and see what happens".

Interestingly enough, in the 7 games this year that he played more than 15 minutes in he has 6 points. Conversely, Ondrej Palat has played 15 min+ 24 times this season and has 11 pts in those games. Tyler Johnson has only played less than 15 minutes twice this season (out of 34 games played) and he only has 7 more points total than Drouin. So two guys who aren't sniping are being rewarded while another guy who was sniping given the minutes is in the A.

I agree that it's largely become a pissing contest between Yzerman and the agent but at the same time I don't really fault Drouin for thinking he's earned more ice time and is being treated unfairly compared to other struggling teammates.

Johnson and Palat have a history (albeit a short one) of putting up points though. Drouin has 6 goals in 89 games. He needs to suck it up and play his way onto a team that went to the finals last year.

That being said I think Cooper is a dumbass for not giving him a shot at a true top six role. See Prince-cameron-Ottawa for a similar situation.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Torts got himself injured in practice today.

/I'll let the Canucks contingent finish it off for me

thanks for the handoff esls!

PRACTICE? HE ATTENDED PRACTICE?

th?id=OIP.Mb3ee2f1971eefad8dbdd45e1ff0921f9o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg

GIVE HIM THE JACK ADAMS NOW!!!

/are we sure the injury didnt involve getting stuck in a Murphy bed

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who do we think tried to take out Torts? My money is on Scotty H.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Werenski is almost certainly making the team next year, and if he plays anything like Hanifin has thus far he should make the blue line better rather quickly.

Only reason I could see them hold off is to move Murray to Edmonton instead for their first rounder should Edmonton fail to win the lottery.

Werenski was always penciled in for the blue line next year and by all accounts should have a solid effect. Plus Michael Paliotta is looking strong in the A and has a shot at the team next year.

So, as much as I like Jones and think he's going to be great, I don't completely understand why they went after him. Nor why they gave up what they did.

But with Jones there and a bunch of horrid contracts in the bottom 4, they will probably wind up dealing Murray. The ONLY bright spot on D this season (until Jones).

So Jones will eventually have cost this team a franchise center and very, very strong defenseman. Tough amount of talent for the kid to have to live up to.

So, who do we think tried to take out Torts? My money is on Scotty H.

I have an alibi.

Word is it was Bourque. I think he's trying to make me like him.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Tortorella injured in ‘nasty’ collision during outdoor practice

The Columbus Blue Jackets held an outdoor practice at Winter Park on Friday, which is what happens when the NHL refuses to put you a Stadium Series game.

The wind chill made it 13 degrees, which sounds pretty uncomfortable, although slightly less uncomfortable than a coach getting bulldozed by one of his own players in those conditions.

According to Shawn Mitchell of the Columbus Dispatch, forward Rene Bourque and coach John Tortorella had a “nasty collision” during the practice, as Bourque rushed up the left wing and Tortorella was standing near the half wall.

Torts went down hard “twisting and falling awkwardly on hip/rump.” He remained on the ice for a few moments, before being attended to by medical staff. He skated off “gingerly” to the locker room.

Blue Jackets president John Davidson told Mitchell that Tortorella’s back “locked up.” Rob Mixer of the Blue Jackets said that Tortorella was “pretty banged up” but will make the trip with the team to Boston for Saturday’s game.

Bourque told Mitchell that he “hit a rut” which caused the nasty fall, inadvertently offering a summary of the Blue Jackets’ 2015-16 season.

Sources say Tortorella later waddled back out to the ice and yelled obscenities at the rut until it demanded a trade to Nashville.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson and Palat have a history (albeit a short one) of putting up points though. Drouin has 6 goals in 89 games. He needs to suck it up and play his way onto a team that went to the finals last year.

That being said I think Cooper is a dumbass for not giving him a shot at a true top six role. See Prince-cameron-Ottawa for a similar situation.
That's fair, but if the team isn't letting you play your way on what else are you supposed to do? At this point there's a very good chance that a lack of TOI is going to result in him getting paid less in the future. In yours or my businesses, we start to seek alternative employers at that point.

I had the same issue with what happened with Niederreiter on Long Island, but at least then there was the point to be made that very few signs were showing Nino as deserving of more time with the big club at that particular moment. With Drouin, like you say, if he isn't deserving of 16 or 17 minutes a game when your team is struggling like hell (which they were until recently) and stats are showing that he may just need a little more icetime to develop then there's some kind of secret to it that we're not privy of.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Werenski was always penciled in for the blue line next year and by all accounts should have a solid effect. Plus Michael Paliotta is looking strong in the A and has a shot at the team next year.

So, as much as I like Jones and think he's going to be great, I don't completely understand why they went after him. Nor why they gave up what they did.

But with Jones there and a bunch of horrid contracts in the bottom 4, they will probably wind up dealing Murray. The ONLY bright spot on D this season (until Jones).

So Jones will eventually have cost this team a franchise center and very, very strong defenseman. Tough amount of talent for the kid to have to live up to.

I have an alibi.

Word is it was Bourque. I think he's trying to make me like him.
It's probably better for your sanity if you stop looking for reasons justifying the trade. It's happened, it isn't going to be undone, time to look (for a) forward.

I did the same thing after the Kessel trade and subsequent selections of Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton with the picks that went the other way. What can ya do, right?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see what the big deal is about Hanifin, when I filter defensemen he's barely even in the top 200 in blocked shots per game. With only 180 defensemen starting league-wide he looks like he's comfortably down in healthy scratch range.