• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can pin it on Torts all you want, but if you're strutting around with 2 assists to your name and you make that kind of money I have very little sympathy for you. Fuck, John Scott is only a point back of him and he's played in 25 fewer games.

He's also getting more offensive zone starts than he has since his rookie season yet despite that his GA60 has shot up by 0.4 while his team's GA60 has actually improved over last year. He's just not playing well.

Does his on-ice SV% not explain this? Bobrovsky was pretty good behind him last year, and has been pretty bad behind him this year.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG this thread is hilarious. :pound:

Depends on your perspective.

giphy.gif

I try not to blast a guy for not "living up to a contract" when he got said contract for playing a completely different game in completely different contract.

Except for Clarkson. And Boll. Both of those contracts suck.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on your perspective.

View attachment 79252

I try not to blast a guy for not "living up to a contract" when he got said contract for playing a completely different game in completely different contract.

Except for Clarkson. And Boll. Both of those contracts suck.

I only meant the part starting with "run your posts through a Chinese translator and back into English" and the amusing results. It actually made me go looking for a Chinese translator !

The on-ice situation in Columbus is just, sad. My wife asked me the other day "what happened to that coach I hate?" She doesnt know Torts' name, nor would she care. She has had a hate on for him going back to his days behind the NYR bench. Makes me wish CBJ was on TV so I could point him out to her.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a big supporter of John Davidson in the past and I think he's a very astute hockey guy, but the hiring of Torts was a bad mistake.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does his on-ice SV% not explain this? Bobrovsky was pretty good behind him last year, and has been pretty bad behind him this year.
Definitely plays a part defensively. Offensively though, how do you go from half-decent to non-existent despite the increase in zone starts?

Further, his contemporaries have seemed to weather the Tort storm better - Murray's GA60 is up 0.2, while Johnson has actually shaved 0.65 off.

I'm not trying to defend Torts at all, but it's one thing to call it crazy when he's healthy scratching RyJo but a little different here.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a big supporter of John Davidson in the past and I think he's a very astute hockey guy, but the hiring of Torts was a bad mistake.
Jarmo, too. Too much "outside the box" thinking led him to the "old boys club" and now he's "up Schitt's Creek" and at some point they're just going to shoot him out of that fucking cannon.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

?format=1000w.jpg

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely plays a part defensively. Offensively though, how do you go from half-decent to non-existent despite the increase in zone starts?

Further, his contemporaries have seemed to weather the Tort storm better - Murray's GA60 is up 0.2, while Johnson has actually shaved 0.65 off.

I'm not trying to defend Torts at all, but it's one thing to call it crazy when he's healthy scratching RyJo but a little different here.

But Johnson's on-ice SV% has not decreased since last year like Tyutin's has, it's improved. And with Murray we're only talking about 12 games last year (and the decrease in SV% isn't nearly as large as with Tyutin anyway).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Johnson's on-ice SV% has not decreased since last year like Tyutin's has, it's improved. And with Murray we're only talking about 12 games last year (and the decrease in SV% isn't nearly as large as with Tyutin anyway).
Well you sure as shit are more well-versed in fancy stats than me, so what does this entail?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll remember this post the next time you are nearing a "like" threshold and asking to be nudged over the line (lol)

Darn, and I am one away from 1043 too!

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you sure as shit are more well-versed in fancy stats than me, so what does this entail?

Looking at the specific rates we're talking about it's probably at least partially that often unspoken factor called luck. He's probably not as bad at goal prevention as he's been this year or as good as he was last year.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This guy needs to be the new Mascot for the Jackets.
original.jpg
"Every decision you have made has led us from bad to worse".

Sign Boll
Trade for Clarkson
Keep Richards
Not execute your training staff
Sign Campbell
Sign Savard for 5
Fire Richards and Hire Torts
Trade Johansen
Rush Bob back

What's next? Oh yeah, trading Rychel and Hartnell.