• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably better for your sanity if you stop looking for reasons justifying the trade. It's happened, it isn't going to be undone, time to look (for a) forward.

I did the same thing after the Kessel trade and subsequent selections of Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton with the picks that went the other way. What can ya do, right?

Kill the bald Finnish fuckwit before he does it again?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair, but if the team isn't letting you play your way on what else are you supposed to do? At this point there's a very good chance that a lack of TOI is going to result in him getting paid less in the future. In yours or my businesses, we start to seek alternative employers at that point.

I had the same issue with what happened with Niederreiter on Long Island, but at least then there was the point to be made that very few signs were showing Nino as deserving of more time with the big club at that particular moment. With Drouin, like you say, if he isn't deserving of 16 or 17 minutes a game when your team is struggling like hell (which they were until recently) and stats are showing that he may just need a little more icetime to develop then there's some kind of secret to it that we're not privy of.

"He's not scoring, put him on the 4th line with the shittiest players and the least ice time, then he'll start producing!"

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He's not scoring, put him on the 4th line with the shittiest players and the least ice time, then he'll start producing!"

As I said, see Prince-Cameron-Ottawa for other examples of this brilliant strategy.
:L

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jackets' John Tortorella taken to hospital after practice collision

Wow.

After initially being cleared to travel with the team, Tortorella's status is now up in the air. GM Jarmo Kekalainen told the Columbus Dispatch that the head coach was taken to a local hospital.

“He's stubborn but he needs to go get checked out,” Kekalainen told The Dispatch. “His health is the most important thing.”

Okay, so I hate that fucker, but jesus christ what is wrong with this medical staff? Last year, Matt Calvert played like 12 games with a concussion and has been out a lot this year. Bob has been pushed back three times this year and each time his groin has popped again.

McIlhinney smacked his bare head on the ice, and they left him in a game. He's been out since with a concussion.

I just hope Johansen has a real medical professional in Nashville to look after his heart troubles.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the Edmonton-Nashville game Saturday night. RyJo got nailed to the bench after a dumb penalty and HNIC showed a montage during the second int of some pretty shitty plays he had made in recent games.

Although I'll likely forever agree that moving him was insane and the way Torts handled him was suicidal, it is easy sometimes to see how he could drive a coach crazy.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the Edmonton-Nashville game Saturday night. RyJo got nailed to the bench after a dumb penalty and HNIC showed a montage during the second int of some pretty shitty plays he had made in recent games.

Although I'll likely forever agree that moving him was insane and the way Torts handled him was suicidal, it is easy sometimes to see how he could drive a coach crazy.

To be fair (!), there are some players who do that. If you'd have asked Hunter or Oates, they would have said that Ovechkin drove them nuts (not putting Johansen on par with Ovi - just an example). It wasn't until Trotz came in and surrounded Ovi with a system that played to his strength and covered when he brain farted did the Caps take off (granted, with some great pickups by the GM).

As a coach, you can rail against a guy with a ton of talent and occasional shit for brains, or you can do the same thing to him that you do with the guy with no talent and constant shit for brains. You put them in situations where they can succeed.

I have one on my team this year. Great skater, tons of touch in small spaces, will not pass the puck unless someone is threatening to kill his dog.

Yes, I threaten to kill his dog before every shift.

Kidding, I put him with wingers who can get to the puck when he's eventually double teamed and coughs it up.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, that broadcast was a 3 hour advertisement for the poor, unfortunate Edmonton Oilers. All night long, we heard from Romanuk and Johnston about how injuries and bad luck were the main causes of the Oilers misfortunes this season. Sorry, when a team has had 4 first overall draft picks in the last six seasons, don't talk to me about the bad luck they have experienced this season. As for injuries, heck all teams get injuries and yet they find a way to remain competitive, that is, except for the on-going tire fire that is the Edmonton Oilers.

Kassian was acting like a goof and goaded Johansen into taking that penalty. It looks like that's all that Kassian can do these days is pretend to be a tough guy, what a lunkhead that dude is.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair (!), there are some players who do that. If you'd have asked Hunter or Oates, they would have said that Ovechkin drove them nuts (not putting Johansen on par with Ovi - just an example). It wasn't until Trotz came in and surrounded Ovi with a system that played to his strength and covered when he brain farted did the Caps take off (granted, with some great pickups by the GM).

As a coach, you can rail against a guy with a ton of talent and occasional shit for brains, or you can do the same thing to him that you do with the guy with no talent and constant shit for brains. You put them in situations where they can succeed.

I have one on my team this year. Great skater, tons of touch in small spaces, will not pass the puck unless someone is threatening to kill his dog.

Kidding, I put him with wingers who can get to the puck when he's eventually double teamed and coughs it up.

I'm sure that BBB can think of someone closer to home who resembles this description

de27851ac23cd2a8039308d837cdb70a.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, that broadcast was a 3 hour advertisement for the poor, unfortunate Edmonton Oilers. All night long, we heard from Romanuk and Johnston about how injuries and bad luck were the main causes of the Oilers misfortunes this season. Sorry, when a team has had 4 first overall draft picks in the last six seasons, don't talk to me about the bad luck they have experienced this season. As for injuries, heck all teams get injuries and yet they find a way to remain competitive, that is, except for the on-going tire fire that is the Edmonton Oilers.

Kassian was acting like a goof and goaded Johansen into taking that penalty. It looks like that's all that Kassian can do these days is pretend to be a tough guy, what a lunkhead that dude is.
I think they just needed something to talk about, to be honest. That game, like the one that preceded it, was boring as shit.

But, on the same plane, if the Oilers are gonna catch shit for blaming the injury bug for their play then equal shit should've been shovelled on the Jackets last year for the same thing. I know their fanbase is much easier to sympathize with (present company included) but if the Oilers have been shit forever the Jackets are right there behind them with the Leafs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough, but all the highlights they were showing were of his short time in Nashville. Maybe he needs more time with him, but if even Lavy is seeing things that piss him off enough to nail him to the bench there's more to it than "Torts bad".

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but all the highlights they were showing were of his short time in Nashville. Maybe he needs more time with him, but if even Lavy is seeing things that piss him off enough to nail him to the bench there's more to it than "Torts bad".

I get it, and he is prone to some brain farts. All I am saying is sometimes a player is special enough that you let some things slide. You work his flaws into the program.

You do it for Ryan Johansen. You don't do it for Derek Dorsett. Every man in that locker room knows who is the most talented on the ice. Pretending he isn't is stupid. Acknowledge what he brings and build around it.

One good thing about him has always shown a willingness to listen. He seems coachable, if a coach is willing to work with him. I hope for Nashville's sake that Lavy isn't thinking "he's big, he should be blocking shots".

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, and he is prone to some brain farts. All I am saying is sometimes a player is special enough that you let some things slide. You work his flaws into the program.

You do it for Ryan Johansen. You don't do it for Derek Dorsett. Every man in that locker room knows who is the most talented on the ice. Pretending he isn't is stupid. Acknowledge what he brings and build around it.

One good thing about him has always shown a willingness to listen. He seems coachable, if a coach is willing to work with him. I hope for Nashville's sake that Lavy isn't thinking "he's big, he should be blocking shots".
You definitely have seen him more than I have, but I think you saw with the shit Ovechkin caught in those years you mentioned that any perceived lack of effort in playing defensively, no matter how talented you are in the o-zone, will not be tolerated by today's coaches. Could you imagine if Brett Hull were playing today?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bozak was woefully underserved by that fat plug Kessel.

I actually didn't even think of Kessel but he's probably a good example too. Drouin is another guy that just came to mind.