• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft day going to be something.

Several teams might be trying to play the long game with their sights on Gavin McKenna in 2026 - I think McKenna is going to be even better than Bedard. He might not be as good as McDavid, but he's going to be a very special player.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several teams might be trying to play the long game with their sights on Gavin McKenna in 2026 - I think McKenna is going to be even better than Bedard. He might not be as good as McDavid, but he's going to be a very special player.

The Penguins could use a guy like that, it’s been a while since they’ve were able to draft once in a lifetime player

:bolt:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking that Celebrini and Smith could use a year in the AHL to get ready for the big league

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neat. New GM went to the local hockey bar to watch the Monsters in game 7.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess this closes the door on Liam Foudy or Ryan Johansen returning.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

It had to be done, but for fuck's sake it is crazy how one decision years ago keeps biting our ass. We HAD to have Torts. Jared Bednar has since turned Colorado into a powerhouse and cup winner. He is still in Colorado. We've had 4 coaches since then.

And by fucking around and trying to force the Babcock thing to happen, coaches like Brunette, Laviolette, and Maurice have slipped to other teams.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

It had to be done, but for fuck's sake it is crazy how one decision years ago keeps biting our ass. We HAD to have Torts. Jared Bednar has since turned Colorado into a powerhouse and cup winner. He is still in Colorado. We've had 4 coaches since then.

And by fucking around and trying to force the Babcock thing to happen, coaches like Brunette, Laviolette, and Maurice have slipped to other teams.
And to complete the circle of life, so too did Torts.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How hilarious would it be to have Woodcroft come here and be successful with a roster that doesn't have McDavid on it? Not that he's who I want, mind you. Just that it would be interesting to see if he can get players working together without McDived and pissy in the room.

Lot of speculation on two Todds - McLellan and Nelson - being the front runners. Of course Nelson being another guy who couldn't win with McDavid. Waddell did hire him as an assistant with Atlanta way back. And he has the Bear firing on all cylinders in the AHL.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddell is a marked change from Jarmo. Guy will sit down and talk, that's for sure.

"I wouldn’t say it was systems and strategies,” Waddell said of replacing Vincent. “I watched the team play. Good coaches figure out how to adjust in games and so forth ... I just couldn’t get comfortable that we could put some of the things that happened last year ― and the year before even — out of (the picture). It was stuck in my mind, and I couldn’t get past it.”

That was the thing, so many third period collapses that were led by the opponent's coach adjusting and Vincent having nothing but a line blender in response.

“I’ve reached out to a lot of players, and some players are more vocal than others,” Waddell said. “You’re not letting players dictate who your coach is, but you heard some things that probably weren’t what I expected to hear. At the end of the day, the bottom line is that I made the decision and I’ve obviously got support from ownership that we need a new voice in that locker room.”

Gudbranson kind of slagged off the "unorthodox" practices and was made to walk the statements back. A few other guys held their tongues you could tell but acted as though they thought something was off with ice time (WHY THE FUCK IS OLIVIER OUT THERE). I also can't help but wonder if this changes anything for Laine.

I also hope the "new voice" conversation looks at the Captain. He royally blundered the Babcock situation and alienated probably half the young guys. I think it's best to move on.