• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle twit has been kind of annoying.

Jackets Twit stepped in

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quality Tweet

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is alot... Right????
I mean, only Dougie Hamilton and Brent Burns have scored more since Zach arrived, so it's probably about right on considering what Jones and Hamilton just got. And we don't have to go through both him and Jones being due at the same time, so that's worth a bit too.

Also helps kill that "No one wants to stay in Columbus" BS. Bjorkstrand, Jenner and now Werenski signed 4+ year deals. I'd bet that once Korpi gets traded, Elvis will too. And once Laine has a big year so will he.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, only Dougie Hamilton and Brent Burns have scored more since Zach arrived, so it's probably about right on considering what Jones and Hamilton just got. And we don't have to go through both him and Jones being due at the same time, so that's worth a bit too.

Also helps kill that "No one wants to stay in Columbus" BS. Bjorkstrand, Jenner and now Werenski signed 4+ year deals. I'd bet that once Korpi gets traded, Elvis will too. And once Laine has a big year so will he.
Probably a little overpay, but I think it's fine. Good to have him signed up for long term. Hopefully he can continue to develop. If so, it'll make the deal look good in 4 years.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a little overpay, but I think it's fine. Good to have him signed up for long term. Hopefully he can continue to develop. If so, it'll make the deal look good in 4 years.
He's somewhat steadily gotten better defensively, but like always it's going to depend on who partners with him. I guess we will find out soon if he was a product of Jones or if Jones was a product of him.

Bottom line is Hamilton is 36 and the end of his deal. Jones is 34 at the end of his. Zach is 30 at the end of his. He stands the best chance of his team not regretting it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile:

lol Elvis

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one piece left (Peeke) now.

Roster looks to be (Until Domi comes back_:
Laine - Roslovic - Voracek
Nyquist - Texier - Bjorkstrand
Foudy - Kuraly - Robinson
Chinakov - Jenner - Bemstrom

Once Domi comes back, Jack will slide back to 2C and a decision will have to be made on where to put Tex - likely moved to wing on the 3rd in place of Robby. Reserves: Gerbe, Stenlund, Daunne, Hoffmann. Meyer with a slim outside chance. I put Chinakov in there just because if 4 guys are equal he's gonna get the shot first, IMO. Jarmo wants to prove he was right.

Werenski - Boqvist
Gavrikov - Lehtonen
Bean - Kukan (Peeke will get time here once he signs)

Reserves: Bayreuther, Harrington, Carlsson. There are three guys who have to adjust to NA ice but each has a chance (Berni, Christiansen, Knazko)

I mean, not a contender by any means but arguably a better team than started last year. And with a coaching staff that gives a shit...

If only we weren't in the Metro bloodbath.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not crazy about Koskinen, but would love Edmonton's 1st. Another asset on top of that? For a guy with one year to UFA? And it ultimately leads to 3 firsts in 2022?

Inject that directly into my veins.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

L6ApSR.gif

At the end of the day, even Holland is not that stupid to give Koski + for one year of Korpisalo. It's been funny watching all the Jackets fans getting all offended that anyone would dare suggest Korpi isn't worth it. Honestly, I feel like Koskinen and Korpisalo are the same and the reason I don't want Koskinen is because he's too expensive to back up and probably thinks he's good enough to start. On some teams he might be. But not on a team with Elvis on it.

Manny managed to smooth out some of Korpisalo's over-reactions and crazy legs scrambling but he still hasn't topped .900 in any of the last two years. Yeah, he was epic in the bubble, but a short good run does not a goalie make. In fact, everyone who has ever strapped on the pads has had a run like that from time to time. The measure of a great goalie is how they behave between them. And Korpi is simply not elite. I dare say he might not even be a starter on more than half the teams in the league.

I was REALLY hoping Holland thought he was.

If Holland wants to give us just the first for him, that will be enough :)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
43, if you take one piece of music advice from me,
go see Black Pistol Fire on October 11.

Don't ask questions, just do it.

Do It GIF by Breaking Bad

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E7vPvnAXMAENvD1

Hey, thanks Canada for getting Sillinger and Johnson playing together! And in the same group with Ceulemans

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving on from a guy after one season where the whole team was hot garbage, a coach ruined the room and a diabetic kid was scared to death of a global pandemic that could have had a much worse outcome for him than literally any other professional athlete? When his value is it's lowest due to shoulder surgery? Seems legit.

The only way I see them moving him is part of a 1C trade with Korpisalo. And I am fine with that. Otherwise, let him recover and see what he can do before UFA. Move him at the deadline if he can't make it work.

Our Front Office is as tight-lipped as any out there, so I doubt there is really any inside info to it. Remember everyone was absolutely convinced we were taking Edvinsson or McTavish and no one saw the Atkinson trade or the Jenner or Werenski signings coming. Feels like the leaks about the Jones trades came from Chicago's side.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PLD changing his number to 80 to honor Kivlenieks. He was one of the players that came to town for the funeral, BTW. A lot of our fans want to hate him, but nothing but respect from me.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarmo gave an interview yesterday and said some interesting things.

- The Cam trade was hard but he felt it was necessary because they have too many right handed shooters and needed to mix it up. Very excited for Voracek and he feels the team is better.

- Thinks Roslovic can be the C between Jake and Laine. Roslovic is working with Mark Letestu on faceoffs.

- Kent Johnson will be a 1C and the team will not rush him or Sillinger. Said getting the 11OA pick was a big part of the Jones trade and he had Sillinger in his sights all along. The three Jackets picks (Johnson, Sillinger and Ceulemans) spent a lot of time together at Canada's camp and they are very excited to be playing together in Columbus. At least Sillinger will be in camp this year. Johnson pretty much definitely returning to Michigan.

- Marchenko is coming over next year and Voronkov the one after that. Said that Machenko has not only a very good chance to make the team straight away but also to be a major impact player upon arrival.

- Tarasov is the #1 goalie of the future.

- They very nearly hired Pascal Vincent as head coach. Were happy to have him as assistant coach.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarmo completes his to-do list. Probably will take a few days off now.

One way deal is important. He's gonna stay with the big club.