• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. What shitty news. Guy was by all accounts a down to earth, funny dude. So young.

RIP Kivvy.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, no official confirmation, but he was in Michigan at Manny Legace's daughter's wedding yesterday with Elvis and his wife. Elvis and Manny may have seen this happen with their own eyes.

Was running from a malfunctioning firework and fell and hit his head.

Reactions: gob

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit...

So much potential now gone to waste because someone was a fool...

My he RIP

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mrs Merzlikins' thoughts.

E5jUFJTXMAM9BQT

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck it was at Manny Legace's house (goalie coach)
Yeah, this is going to have long lasting affects throughout the organization and among everyone who was there.

I can't imagine being a coach who invited someone to an event where they died.

I can't imagine starting my marriage with someone's death.

I can't imagine watching one of my best friends die so suddenly and horribly.

I just can't imagine.

PTSD is a very real thing. And we're a team that sets off explosions every game.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD confirms that Elvis, Mrs Elvis and Manny Legace were present. Also that it was at the wedding of Legace's daughter.

Working on getting Kivi's family here for a memorial service. Elvis is translating and helping get the family here.

Brad Larsen went up there immediately, came back today. He went to support and help Elvis and Manny.

They have hired grief counselors for everyone. They are not involving themselves in who is reaching out to the grief counselors. It's a personal decision for each person and not for the team's leadership to know about. They have made the help available and they want everyone to use it. Providing the counselors to everyone present at the wedding (Manny's family) as well.

Jarmo said that the expectation was that he was going to be full time NHL player this coming season.

Jarmo and JD are not having any of this "will there be criminal charges" bullshit. Says they've talked with those present and will let the police report go where it will, but they believe it was nothing more than a tragic accident.

JD says his attitude was a positive influence throughout the org, and back office personnel as well as the players are feeling the loss.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarmo and JD are not having any of this "will there be criminal charges" bullshit. Says they've talked with those present and will let the police report go where it will, but they believe it was nothing more than a tragic accident.
Why's this bullshit?

If the fireworks were purchased legally and were legal for sale in Michigan, i'm assuming there's a law broken when they malfunction in such a tragic way if they were being used responsibly and in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.

If the person using the firework used it incorrectly or in an unsafe manner, there's at the very least the possibility of a manslaughter charge. Ditto if they were using the firework while intoxicated.

Don't think that can be summarily dismissed, and my guess is the family probably wouldn't want it to be either.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why's this bullshit?

If the fireworks were purchased legally and were legal for sale in Michigan, i'm assuming there's a law broken when they malfunction in such a tragic way if they were being used responsibly and in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.

If the person using the firework used it incorrectly or in an unsafe manner, there's at the very least the possibility of a manslaughter charge. Ditto if they were using the firework while intoxicated.

Don't think that can be summarily dismissed, and my guess is the family probably wouldn't want it to be either.
The Police's official report said it appears to be an accident, they went back and interviewed everyone again after the autopsy results and came to the same conclusion. Everything was legal in Michigan (what's legal vs what is right can be a gap) and supposedly it was all set up by someone trained in how to do it, not a bunch of drunken rednecks. All of that has been gone over several times, so to ask the question in the first press conference is, well, bullshit. Never mind the fact that in the event that criminal charges do come about, John Davidson is not the guy who is gonna be slapping the cuffs on anyone.

Sometimes, it goes bad even when pros set them up Video: Ocean City 4th of July fireworks explosion and until any further information comes out contradicting the official report there's no real good reason to ask the question other than to be an edgy dick.

The same reporter asked for names of players who had sought counseling. Surprisingly, it was not Portzline.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Police's official report said it appears to be an accident, they went back and interviewed everyone again after the autopsy results and came to the same conclusion. Everything was legal in Michigan (what's legal vs what is right can be a gap) and supposedly it was all set up by someone trained in how to do it, not a bunch of drunken rednecks. All of that has been gone over several times, so to ask the question in the first press conference is, well, bullshit. Never mind the fact that in the event that criminal charges do come about, John Davidson is not the guy who is gonna be slapping the cuffs on anyone.

Sometimes, it goes bad even when pros set them up Video: Ocean City 4th of July fireworks explosion and until any further information comes out contradicting the official report there's no real good reason to ask the question other than to be an edgy dick.

The same reporter asked for names of players who had sought counseling. Surprisingly, it was not Portzline.
I had read that the person who was operating the firework was "in compliance with state law" but not that they were a professional.

The nine-shot firework being used was legal in Michigan, and the person operating it at the time Kivlenieks was struck was in compliance with state laws and allegedly had been "training with the homeowner for the summer and was staying there," Meier said.

I don't know if that's just a confusing sentence but unless Legace is actually rich enough to keep a fireworks guy in his house for an entire summer it would seem like it was another player or something that was staying with him?

I dunno. These things aren't supposed to happen unless someone fucks up at some point. Asking who's getting counselling is dumb but asking about any awareness regarding further police actions seems ok to me, even if the answer is just going to be "refer to the investigation" (after all, everybody in hockey was furious 48 hours ago because Ron Maclean didn't ask Bettman about the Blackhawks investigation despite everybody already knowing how he would respond anyway).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uw6w0nk67x971.jpg

Is he saying Kivi stepped in front of the blast to protect others?

Context: Some Twitter troll tagged Elvis in some obnoxious comment about Kivi's death. Elvis, against better judgement, responded.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Police: *follows Standard Operating Procedure*

Portzline:

Wonder if he checked the police reports for Dubinsky's name.