• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is where we stand:

Bjorkstrand - PLD - Atkinson
Nyquist - Wennberg - Bemstrom
Texier - Foligno - Anderson
Jenner - Nash - Dubinsky

Markus Hannakeinen in reserve.

Eric Robinson, Liam Foudy with outside chances to make it.

Werenski - Jones
Murray - Nutivaara
Gavrikov - Savard
Kukan - Peeke

Clendening, Carlsson in reserve

Elvis
Average Jo

Yeah... we still need to do something.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dear CBJ fans I have decided to move on.
It was very fun road. We have done lots of good things for my time in CBJ and wish this team and city nothing but the Best! Yes we didn’t reach our goal but we became a really good competitive team.
I decided to move on. I write my own story and today that’s my decision. I want to thank fans from the bottom of my heart for all support and excitement during my 7 years in CBJ. I want to thank city of Columbus. This city has been treating me and my family very well, no matter what. I want to say thank to my teammates. I wouldn’t achieve anything without you guys. It’s been a pleasure to work and compete with you shoulder to shoulder. I want to say thank you to entire Blue Jackets organization, all coaches I worked with and everyone from the stuff.
Columbus will stay in my heart forever.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Duchene was just on NHL Network and said what tipped him to Nashville was sitting down talking with Lavy about his philosophy and how he intends to run the offense. It will be run and gun and wide pen.

*sigh*

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Duchene was just on NHL Network and said what tipped him to Nashville was sitting down talking with Lavy about his philosophy and how he intends to run the offense. It will be run and gun and wide pen.

*sigh*

Honest question.. how bad did last year's trade deadline ,put the BJ's behind the future with losing so much this UFA season?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question.. how bad did last year's trade deadline ,put the BJ's behind the future with losing so much this UFA season?

Not as bad as you might think. I mean, the Jackets knew in Feb that they weren't keeping Bob or Panarin. So they gave up some non essential pieces for two guys they thought would stay. Losing Duchene hurts for no other reason than we have never had his kind of dynamic play in the middle. Losing Dzingel should hurt more but in Torts' system he was Boone Jenner lite.

The Jackets have 3 pretty much NHL ready goalie prospects. So Bob was never going to stay unless he took a pay cut because they knew Elvis Merzlikins was going to be the starter this year or next. He came over, got a good scrutineering from the team and if they didn't have faith he was the guy, the goalie market this year was decent. None of the prospects is 2 time Vezina winner caliber, mind you. But they will all be fine options.

Plus they have 5 skaters that can take spots this year, so some tough choices were going to be coming no matter what.
- Vladislav Gavrikov: Big, tough, shut down defender who played a few years in the KHL. He had some tough minutes against the Bruins and showed signs of brilliance. Has a goofy attitude as well. Him and Savard together looks to be money.
- Andrew Peeke: Smooth, quick, head's up defender. Ryan Murray II. He signed out of Notre Dame after winning the Big10 championship and getting some talk on the Hobey Baker. Has an uphill fight only because of the quality of D in front of him. I watched him at prospects camp. He could stickhandle his way out a phone booth being checked by 2 guys.

-Emil Bemstrom: Comes from SEL. Named top player there. He scored as many goals as a 19 year old as Peter Forsberg and Elias Petterson. Not a flashy player, but smart. Great shot, defensively responsible. Sets up camp in Ovi's Office on the PP.
- Liam Foudy: Tad undersized but crazy fast. Was a surprise pick when the Jackets grabbed him because he was playing 4th line in London. He got promoted to first line and never looked back. Huge breakout season. Put up 36 goals and added 32 assists. I think he's going to have a rough time cracking the lineup this year only because Bjorkstrand and Texier do a lot of the same things.
- Alexandre Texier: Has already shown he can deliver everything that scouts say about him. Looked a tad shellshocked against Boston, needs to get a little bigger. But has probably the second best shot on the team behind Bjorky. Fast and deceptive. If he gets consistent at faceoffs, then Wennberg is completely expendable and Foudy can come up and play wing.

Plus they have some serviceable bottom 6 guys to lean on. Hannakeinen, Robinson, Trey Fix-Wolansky, Kole Sherwood, Jakob Lilja, and Zac Dalpe. On D they kept Clendening (who isn't going to set the world on fire but isn't going to burn it down either), and also have Gabe Carlsson who, if he doesn't get traded in a package, can play Nutivaara's role.

Bottom line, they will never replace the game-breakng talent they lost. But they will be solid through and through and when healthy very hard to play against. They need to trust that they can roll 4 lines and avoid getting into the line blender.

I would like to see them send some cheap assets for RNH, Turris or Stastny. A more proven, hungrier center than Wenny for the 2C role. That's our biggest hole, made worse by the 1C we had there leaving.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBJ announce Hockey Operations changes

Notable changes: Boll promoted within the development coaches. Work hard or Cro-magnon man will punch you.

Also, Craig Harstburg is back in a scouting and development coach capacity working with the D (hopefully also the power play). He was associate coach and didn't see eye to eye with Torts and walked away fro the game for a few years. I had hoped he would be the one to replace Torts when the day comes.

Also Nik Backstrom is European goalie coach. I assume this means he will move to Finland and work with the Tarasov kid.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elvis' Bucket. I like it. He seems like his primary goal is to become the fan favorite. His first interviews he was loving the cannon, said he loves when the fans chant and sing. He also said he doesn't care who is on the opposing team, he likes to "hurt the feelings" of everyone the same (in response to a question about being in the division with Crosby and Ovi.)

Feast or famine.

Also, guess this confirms he will wear #90. Thinking I may go ahead and order that jersey soon...

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can buy $350 plane tickets to Quebec City around the February 2 Montreal game right now. I was tempted.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8eduv99jdae31.jpg

Jarmo and Nasher visiting Kimi Raikkonen at the Hungarian GP.

If Ashley Judd was there, this would be the place I would want to be most on earth.