• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did he need to publically state that? lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennington: "We're not moving Chris Higgins ... He's a glue guy"

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did he need to publically state that? lol

the only thing that makes kassian play is sitting him and publicly chastising him it seems. maybe this helps him but Im not sure why as well it needed to be said

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt that Benningtons dads name? lol

lol - It sure is.

He inherited the scouting chromosome from his father, Elmer, who at 73 has spent nearly four decades tracking amateur players in Alberta for the Montreal Canadiens.

One of the players the elder Benning would have scouted extensively was Linden, the former Medicine Hat Tiger who was drafted second by the Canucks in 1988. Jim Benning, a sixth-overall pick of the Toronto Maple Leafs in 1981, finished his nine-year NHL career with two seasons as Linden’s teammate in Vancouver.
Elmer Benning said the relationship between Linden and Benning was a “huge” factor for his son.

New Canucks GM Jim Benning's talent whisperer's work speaks volumes

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow ... now Bennington just washed Kassians balls lol ... love hate relationship between the gm and player lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shred him first then build him up into a greek god

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames GM just told about Sven wanting out of calgary and saying he would not re sign with calgary should he be there next year.

its a day of sharing

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames GM just told about Sven wanting out of calgary and saying he would not re sign with calgary should he be there next year.

its a day of sharing

he was on with sekeres and price about an hour ago and he was almost giggling about being traded

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A snippet of a post I shamlessly stole from CalgaryPuck, but I think it's a very good post regarding Sven:

As for everyone freaking out over this trade, I wouldn't be too worried.

2 seasons of below-expectations starts becoming a trend. Other prospects have certainly been developing and exceeding expectations. I don't think there is much - if anything - wrong with the development system.

One thing that sticks out to me especially now, is Baertschi's attitude. Ok, so nothing has ever been confirmed. We heard rumors about the Penticton tournament, and how Baertschi felt he shouldn't have gone. That is one strike. Then when he got sent down at the start of the season - even though he was without a doubt out-played by a number of other prospects who got sent down ahead of Baertschi (i.e. Ferland) - there was that statement his dad made. Sure, we can make a case for that newspaper being the type that likes to create their own headlines, but there was probably at least some smoke for them to write it up, exaggerated or not.Now we find out that Baertschi told the Flames he will not be re-signing with the Flames. To me, that was of course strike 3.

What has Baertschi proven? He hasn't looked great beyond the occasional flash. He hasn't looked like a 'hungry' prospect out there. He does look weak - especially in puck battles. He was not NHL ready, period.

He DOES have that potential. Really does. However, with each passing season, you see that potential fading somewhat. Now think about this. Not knowing a thing about Baertschi and his junior season post-draft, does he really look like a 'standout' in any way? For stat-watchers, absolutely not. For the 'eye test' - he looks a step behind often, and weak. I honestly thought Baertschi would be much stronger and closer to the NHL than Granlund. Can anyone say with a straight face that Baertschi is better than Granlund right now?

It is still too early to say that Baertschi is a 'bust', or that his ceiling is lowered, or anything else. He could very well still achieve what most people assumed he would be - a 1st line LW'er. However, he simply wasn't progressing. I am ok with trading him away. Even to the Canucks. This is my take on it:

If Treliving and the rest of the hockey ops department feel that Baertschi is not going to succeed as an NHL player, than having Vancouver give up a 2nd for him will hurt that organization. Of course, there is the chance that he does succeed, and it will prove to be a terrible trade. Perhaps the other offers for Baertschi were substantially lower, and Treliving just made the best of the situation. There can be little doubt that he didn't shop Baertschi around quite a lot first.

Only time will tell who the winner and the loser. It could still be a win-win, or either Calgary or Vancouver will outright lose the trade. As it stands today, Treliving made the best of the situation, and received a 2nd round pick in a very deep draft. I am ok with it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when will we see Baertschi ?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when will we see Baertschi ?

Gallagher was on pregame and said he will be up at some point before season end and will get a few games playoff spot contenders or not

Direct quote: "canucks will want to inculcate him"

/I had to look it up lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 out of 6 points vs the Devils, Sabres and Coyotes. Hopefully it's not something we will regret coming game 82

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 out of 6 points vs the Devils, Sabres and Coyotes. Hopefully it's not something we will regret coming game 82

heard it yesterday didnt believe it and didnt look further into it but ...

16 of their losses have come against teams not currently in a playoff spot :L not enough facepalms

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard it yesterday didnt believe it and didnt look further into it but ...

16 of their losses have come against teams not currently in a playoff spot :L not enough facepalms

bodes well if we make the playoffs lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tonight's win vs the ducks makes up for me the otl against the coyotes. I expected zero points tonight and 2 vs the coyotes and 0 vs the sharks, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.